Author Topic: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package  (Read 127915 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2012, 08:00:47 AM »
From what i read on the TDI forum yes.  I haven't done the actual research but they have it listed to meet the 10000 mile intervals.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2012, 08:29:04 AM »
I miss my 03 Golf tdi. What a great car. 10,000 mile oil changes every time. No problems. 125,000 miles were great. Don't go with a K + N air filter. I used it for a little while and had to change my map sensor twice. Castrol Syntec was great for the vw. Freds tdi page was my favotite forum on these cars. Very informative. They' ll help find the local non dealer mechanics too. What types of mods are you getting. These tdis are so capable of serious numbers. Rocket chips, ECU programming, injector change outs, and intake / exhaust were the mods I saw the most. Good luck!
Joel from Maine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
I'll be doing a chip and go from there, I will be pulling a 3 rail trailer for the dirt bikes accross 2 1/2 mountain passes at least 6 times a year.  I do like Freds TDI page, lots of good info.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2012, 05:29:38 AM »
http://www.dasautomagazine.com/2012/March/Volkswagen-Hybrid.php?linkid=VWUSDASAUTOENSL0312VLKHYBRIDLINK
A Hybrid TDI?  Call me intrigued to say the least.

Yeah, that is interesting! I'm not sure that 0 to 60 in less than 9 seconds is anything to brag about though.   :o

I wonder if that 7 speed DSG will be available here in the States.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2012, 05:31:30 AM »
I miss my 03 Golf tdi. What a great car. 10,000 mile oil changes every time. No problems. 125,000 miles were great. Don't go with a K + N air filter. I used it for a little while and had to change my map sensor twice. Castrol Syntec was great for the vw. Freds tdi page was my favotite forum on these cars. Very informative. They' ll help find the local non dealer mechanics too. What types of mods are you getting. These tdis are so capable of serious numbers. Rocket chips, ECU programming, injector change outs, and intake / exhaust were the mods I saw the most. Good luck!

I may go with a chip/tune at some point, maybe a DPF delete too. That's about it, well, maybe a new sway bar too.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2012, 07:28:25 AM »
I may go with a chip/tune at some point, maybe a DPF delete too. That's about it, well, maybe a new sway bar too.

And so it begins..... ;D
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2012, 03:59:24 PM »
And so it begins..... ;D
Do they have any performance upgrades for the Prius? ;)  Maybe a pair of 9 volt batteries, seatbelt shoulder pads, and a pair of fuzzy dice? ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2012, 06:28:25 PM »
I wouldn't know.  The ICE sucks as far as power goes.  The electrics give it enough ooomph to make it road worthy.  Otherwise I wouldn't own one.

I just looked and there are 'chips' out there that 'say' they enhance performance and increase MPG....  You know I'm happy with 50+ in traffic so I won't be fiddlin with the brains of this vehicle anytime soon.  And the power output is adequate for my needs.

The Prius, and any hybrid for that matter, don't work like regular vehicles.  Lots of stuff going on in the computers and the like.  I'd be ascardt to mess with them.    I don't usually do enhancements to performance on any vehicle I've owned.  I've also not had problems in those areas, either.  So, no chips for me.

I've made the first foray into that on the C14 by buying an Area P exhaust.  I'm not expecting anything out of it but a few pounds of weight savings and some sound.  It's fairly easy to do and doesn't mess with anything electronic.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2012, 11:32:17 PM »
Were it not for the trailer and passes I wouldn't do anything, plenty of oomph and great economy.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2012, 01:54:35 PM »

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
I test drove a new Golf TDI 6MT a couple weeks ago.  What a great drivetrain!  I tried to justify trading in my Mazda 3 hatchback but it's only a few months old and I'd just be taking too big of a financial hit to make it worth it.  I'll have to take another hard look at it if VW ends up with some good finance incentives, but I've heard that doesn't happen very often on the Golf, especially the TDI.
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline Conrad

« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »
I don't know about the Golf but I got 1.9% on my Jetta sportwagen, I think that Chet got even better than that on his Jetta.

You're right about the drivetrain, they did a great job on it. My wife drives it most of the time now since I'm on the bike. She raves about it and tells anyone who'll listen how much she loves it.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »
Yep, I snuck in at %0.  Did 598 on the last tank, still had 1/8 of a tank left, 13.2 gallons.  Almost at 8,000 miles, still loving it.  I sure do wish I coulda got the gray, but the rate was too good to pass up.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2012, 04:41:48 AM »
Look on the bright side Chet, with your Jetta being black there's less of a chance that you'll get a speeding ticket right?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2012, 07:23:19 AM »
Look on the bright side Chet, with your Jetta being black there's less of a chance that you'll get a speeding ticket right?
Nope, sometimes I feel like I am being profiled, you know, DWB 8) 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #236 on: April 13, 2012, 08:33:15 AM »
Nope, sometimes I feel like I am being profiled, you know, DWB 8)

;D

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2012, 05:35:32 AM »
Hey fellow diesel lovers!
I saw this go by on the Guardian. Click here for more pics

510 ponies from a 6cyl diesel! gotta love forced induction. (and its a 3.7l 6cyl)
And it's got a flywheel!
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2012, 05:43:26 AM »
Nice!

The car is powered by a 510-hp 3.7L V6 TDI diesel engine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2012, 06:10:10 AM »
Diesel/electric all wheel drive. :thumbs: