Author Topic: OCC  (Read 15631 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
OCC
« on: May 30, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »
Interesting show tonight. There is a head-to-head between Jr. and Sr. with both building a Cadillac bike. I hope Jr. kicks Sr.s butt. So far the bike looks sharp. Sr. is always saying the Jr. can't design worth a damn, and then tonight he was saying how Jason is a real designer, not Jr., yet OCC became popular 2 years before Jason joined the team.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: OCC
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 09:43:50 PM »
Sorry T,
I won't waste my satilite time on that show. Don't care for the bikes, the people or the concept. And when they burned a Connie for fun, well that sealed the deal.
Garbage, I'd rather watch re-runs of Oprah.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »
Not sure why you responded then, but thanks for the input.

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »
SISF needs to do his own OCC.

Orlando Custom Connies!  I don't think he's near Orlando, though...

I'd watch that show!  Plus, he could throw in his Voyager work for variety...  Imagine the drama that would ensue with Steve versus the Voyager guys!
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 03:10:57 AM »
Just another scripted dope opera.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 05:10:36 AM »
I used to have some respect for Sr., I have been pretty heavy into lifting and always gave the guy some kudos, but the way he acts towards his son, alway taking cheap shots rather than let the bikes speak for themselves.  He's a dick!  Also, he may have run the business but he couldn't have done it without JR!  I think it's funny how when he turns a wrench they make it out to be such a bid deal.  I hope JR kicks his azz in business!  For a father to turn on his son and act the way he does is inexcusable. PAUL SR's favorite letter "I"! what a douche!---I am also curious to if he is sick, he looks horrible in the last 6 months.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 06:51:30 AM »
Can't. Stand. This. Crap!

I wouldn't let either one of them within a mile of any bike I owned.

They "create" (there are designers/builders in the background who never get any credit) unrideable customs for people who have more money than brains. It's all scripted and horribly fake.

Dope opera is correct.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 07:18:29 AM »
That's cool, even though I wasn't asking for who liked the show. This thread is more for those that actually have an interest in the show.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 07:46:59 AM »
I enjoy seeing what they build even if they are expensive and not any good for just getting out and riding.  I think of the bikes that they build as pieces of art that are very neat to observe and listen to.  But as far as the soap opera portion of the show goes, I could do without that.  If their beef is real, I hope that the two of them can grow up and get past their problems, not for the business but because a father and son should not act like that.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »
how can anyone say that their beef isn't real? it's pretty damnd expensive hiring legal teams to sue each other and having it go all the way to the state supreme court all the while having your series cancelled and the economy tank.

i watched the build-off and jr's bike screams cadillac while the other says...? i like how they took parts off of the car and put them on the bike and i really like that exhaust they've done. i wonder how they are going to judge the bikes? if caddy says bike a is sr's and bike b is jr's, i am betting jr wins because a lot of people around the country who watch the show are pretty disappointed (to put it mildly) with sr's behavior. if there is a vote and no one knows who built which, well then, it looks like jr's bike wins again. but something's telling me that it's going to be a 'draw'.

personally, while jr > jason in design and concept, neither sr nor jr would be able to do squat without rick (sr) or vinnie (jr). those two are the ones who make it all happen.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »
Reality TV has consumed the lion's share of today's programming... I think thats sad.  However, in it's day, OCC was an entertaining show and helped create, well, an empire.
I lost all interest when 'the Pauls' got into this pissy kitty fight. The nasty fighting ahs taken it's toll on the show, the business, and obviously Sr's health.
It's too bad- I thought some of the bikes they put together (and I say put together because I think THAT is what they were really good at) were well thought out, definitely unique, despite being less 'functional' and over priced.
This Cadillac project / competition might just get some ex-viewers to return and check it out.
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline booger

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »
Garbage, I'd rather watch re-runs of Oprah.

I don't like OCC, but it's a hell of lot better than Oprah re-runs :battle:

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 04:39:36 PM »
I used to watch it some years ago a fair amount.  Only seen a little of the new series,  haven't cared to see more since the show is more about the rivalry than building bikes these days.

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »
So.... Booger, are you then saying that you only watched Oprah 1st run shows?
Uh huh, that's what I thought!!! ;D
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 06:38:37 PM »
I got a dish BECAUSE of OCC. My buddy used to rag on me that I should see this, I should see that on OCC. I always found it interesting how they had TONS and TONS of fab stuff and see them going at a fender with a 4.5" grinder and a cutting disk. Well I still have the dish, but OCC's novelty wore off rather fast.....

Bob

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
Here's my two cents. Although I do think that parts of the show are scripted (you have to know some of the things in advance), for the most part, it's not. The film crew usually gets to a location about a half hour before they arrive. Then they have to act like it's a surprise visit. Well it might have been a half hour before. But some is not.
- The laws suits are real!
-Paul Jr. built some pretty nice bikes long before Vinnie and Rick showed up. He does just fine. But does rely more on the help. ( I guess it comes with business and the shows demands.
- Sr. use to be a nice guy and friendly. But since he got the attitude that he is totally responsible for OCC success, he has become a less likable person. He has alienated all three of his sons, Jr., Danny and Mike, and from what I hear, his daughter, Cristin, as well. Although I do think he's been reaching out to them all trying to make amens.
-Vinnie and Cody still run V force customs right around the corner form PJD.
-Mike does have a art studio in Montgomery.

I know quite a bit more than the average bear because I live right down the road from all this action. And see and talk to these people now and then! Since they are kind of my neighbors!

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 08:51:41 PM »
well tell mikey to take a damned shower and groom himself. sheesh! :)
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 06:23:04 AM »
 On the cadillac bike bikes -

JR is kicking Sr's ass on this build. Remember that the caddy is GM's forefront tech car. Jr's bike has USD forks, air ride soft tail that drops the bike onto the exhaust manifold to take the place of the kickstand, and the rear fender IS artwork. Sr's bike is nothing but a stretched hardtail with nitrous. He went after the power part of the caddy, but left all the suspension, brakes and technology out. JR is going to be the BIG winner of this one, unless Sr is actually building a whole nother bike off camera, cus the one he's building now is just more of the same. Steve

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 06:36:11 AM »
The law suits may be real but have ya thought the show's producers are paying the bill?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 07:05:25 AM »
They are having a split up  gee who put the bugs in everyones butt. Seems if somethings going good, some body's gotta mess it up.   Sounds all to familiar