Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853190 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1340 on: June 21, 2015, 08:12:02 PM »
Went and checked again. Just found a tiny scrape, probably 1/4" long, on the bottom of the left side case.  Never noticed it before, so it may be new, or not.  It's not visible unless I'm on my back, on the ground.   Safe week to all, and keep the rubber side down.   ;D
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1341 on: June 21, 2015, 09:32:54 PM »
Went and checked again. Just found a tiny scrape, probably 1/4" long, on the bottom of the left side case. 

I told you not to look closely!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #1342 on: June 21, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »
I told you not to look closely!!
All your fault.  You made me curious. . . .tp ;D

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1343 on: June 22, 2015, 12:03:09 AM »
Amazon has touch - up paint. You can deny everything :-)

sailor_chic

« Reply #1344 on: June 22, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
Tom, sorry to hear about dropping your bike. Hope you're pride faired as well as the bike. 
I almost dropped my today. Making a U-turn in couple of parking spots so I could back in,  and I put my foot down and it slipped on the wet ground. Somehow I saved it though.
This was during my 330 mile ride in the rain. It's a balmy 43 here in Thunder Bay Ontario.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1345 on: June 22, 2015, 05:25:53 PM »
Tom, sorry to hear about dropping your bike. Hope you're pride faired as well as the bike. 
I almost dropped my today. Making a U-turn in couple of parking spots so I could back in,  and I put my foot down and it slipped on the wet ground. Somehow I saved it though.
This was during my 330 mile ride in the rain. It's a balmy 43 here in Thunder Bay Ontario.
With all the years I've ridden and raced off road, coming off a bike is an expected thing.  I did do it in front of probably 30 folks yesterday, and was only concerned that I had scraped up the plastics. 

Glad you kept her up today.  "Slippery when wet" really means something important to riders, doesn't it. . .  Enjoy the rest of your trip, and stay safe.  tomp

BTW, where are the RR pics?   tp

sailor_chic

« Reply #1346 on: June 23, 2015, 05:34:59 AM »
Pics are on my camera and my dumbass can't recall how to use the NFC (transfer option). So  have no way to transfer until I get home to my computer

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #1347 on: June 23, 2015, 05:42:35 AM »
Envy!  The Lake Superior circle trip is a great one.  Just remember; summer is the second week of July up 'dere.
08B 73.5K miles

sailor_chic

« Reply #1348 on: June 23, 2015, 05:56:30 AM »
I am figuring that out now. While having breakfast, I mentioned to the waitress that it's nice to see the sun. She said that it was really warm out.  I checked the temp on my phone and seen that it was 50. So since I'm from Florida, it's clear that "warm" is a relative term.
Sadly my Rostra quit on me  yesterday. So now I'm looking at 3000+ miles home that I will actually have to hold the throttle. Spoken in my best northern accent... Oh curve balls life throws atcha eh!

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1349 on: June 23, 2015, 06:17:25 AM »
I am figuring that out now. While having breakfast, I mentioned to the waitress that it's nice to see the sun. She said that it was really warm out.  I checked the temp on my phone and seen that it was 50. So since I'm from Florida, it's clear that "warm" is a relative term.
Sadly my Rostra quit on me  yesterday. So now I'm looking at 3000+ miles home that I will actually have to hold the throttle. Spoken in my best northern accent... Oh curve balls life throws atcha eh!

Well me hopes y'all enjoys your trip ups here in the Great White North. ehh!
 ::)
Ride safe Nicole

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1350 on: June 23, 2015, 07:41:09 AM »

3000 miles without some sort of throttle lock would suck. At least pick up a friction lock.

And if you can't find one of those, get a coat hanger.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1351 on: June 23, 2015, 07:42:13 AM »
{snip}

Wearing a full face helmet with tinted shield down should help with the embarrassment issue?

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #1352 on: June 23, 2015, 07:50:30 AM »
No Cruise =
08B 73.5K miles

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1353 on: June 23, 2015, 08:10:22 AM »
No Cruise =

True. One of the main reasons I put a Rostra on my bike. When cruising the slab long distance, I set limit +4 (gps speed). Have passed many LEO's with radar that way and never been pulled over doing that.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1354 on: June 23, 2015, 10:45:41 AM »
3000 miles without some sort of throttle lock would suck. At least pick up a friction lock.

{snip}

And if you can't find one of those, get a coat hanger.

That's brilliant. My mind is working to think of a slightly more refined version, but that's a great basis. Tks :thumbs:

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #1355 on: June 23, 2015, 11:32:57 AM »
I am figuring that out now. While having breakfast, I mentioned to the waitress that it's nice to see the sun. She said that it was really warm out.  I checked the temp on my phone and seen that it was 50. So since I'm from Florida, it's clear that "warm" is a relative term...

You must've seen the bright red people wearing shorts and T-shirts in Florida when all the locals are wearing sweaters near the end of February...?

I'll bet some of them were Canadians...  I know I was one of them several times...   :thumbs:

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

sailor_chic

« Reply #1356 on: June 23, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »
My cruise worked today! No I gotta say that it's a bitter sweet thing.  Glad it works, but now I'm wondering why it's temperamental. Was it the 7 hrs of riding in the rain, or is there some sort of electrical issue.

Today I rode 6 miles, one way, on a dirt road to get to the thunder bay lookout in Sleeping Giant Provincial Park. At the 6 mile mark, it was solid stone I was on.  Then I had to repeat the trip, just in reverse to get out. Really a test of my riding skills! 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1357 on: June 23, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
You're going to have to get your crayons out and fill in the map after this trip.  :thumbs:

sailor_chic

« Reply #1358 on: June 29, 2015, 09:06:39 PM »
Arrived into DC late this afternoon, peak rush hour. I was in route to meet a fellow COG member.  I was going around a traffic circle and my bike quit. No power to anything. The KiPass was working, but nothing would happen when the key was turned on.  I sent a message to Matt and he promptly arrived with his truck and we loaded it up. While I was waiting for him to arrive, I checked by battery connections, all was good.
We unloaded the bike and he started checking things. After about 20 minutes, he found a plug connection under the left fairing that had loosened up. It must have been something that I had taken apart once and failed to fully clip it closed.
It sucks breaking down, but I must say, this was the best place it could have happened. Considering all the places that I have been in the past 12 days. God was watching out for me!

Offline tomp

« Reply #1359 on: June 29, 2015, 09:12:46 PM »
Arrived into DC late this afternoon, peak rush hour. I was in route to meet a fellow COG member.  I was going around a traffic circle and my bike quit. No power to anything. The KiPass was working, but nothing would happen when the key was turned on.  I sent a message to Matt and he promptly arrived with his truck and we loaded it up. While I was waiting for him to arrive, I checked by battery connections, all was good.
We unloaded the bike and he started checking things. After about 20 minutes, he found a plug connection under the left fairing that had loosened up. It must have been something that I had taken apart once and failed to fully clip it closed.
It sucks breaking down, but I must say, this was the best place it could have happened. Considering all the places that I have been in the past 12 days. God was watching out for me!

Crazy. . . Seems the Lord was watching over you.   Right place, right time, right friend to help.  How often does that happen?  Glad you are OK.  Keep the posts coming. 

Listen to this one.  Been into this album tonight, and this song is just for you.... tp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EXkWoU55vw&list=PL1Dh9ABRyXWaJhWaSdAC2OJ7Qc7WWVno6&index=7