Riding > It's not a Concours - other Bikes

Max's next bike

(1/5) > >>

Conniesaki:
No, seriously: https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/adventure/tiger-1200/tiger-1200-xrx-low-2018

"The new road-loving Tiger 1200 XRX Low Ride Height (LRH) model is a more accessible version of this easy-handling bike, and is perfect for touring the world’s highways. The XRX LRH model comes with all of the XRX’s leading features plus an accessible 32 inch seat height, which is one inch lower than the standard Tiger XRX, and has an additional adjustable seat set-up which offers another .75 inch reduction to take the lowest seat height setting to 31.25 inches."

Rubber_Snake:
Ah, something for us lowriders!

Conrad:
31.25 inches is considered a low seat height?

Poseidon:
Why do almost all adventure turing bikes have a beak. It is like the designers model them all after birds. I saw one a couple years ago, can’t remember what brand it was, but it was yellow and looked just like sesame street’s Big Bird from the front.

Are the “beaks” somehow functual? If so, what do they do. I thought maybe they act as a front fender, but the front wheel already has a fender.

Ive always liked the idea of the adventure touring bikes. Just can’t get past the look of the beak that most of them have.

Rubber_Snake:

--- Quote from: Poseidon on November 05, 2018, 06:07:52 PM ---Why do almost all adventure turing bikes have a beak. It is like the designers model them all after birds. I saw one a couple years ago, can’t remember what brand it was, but it was yellow and looked just like sesame street’s Big Bird from the front.

Are the “beaks” somehow functual? If so, what do they do. I thought maybe they act as a front fender, but the front wheel already has a fender.

Ive always liked the idea of the adventure touring bikes. Just can’t get past the look of the beak that most of them have.

--- End quote ---

How about downforce at high speeds?
Or maybe the bike is a transformer?
Kinda looks like a praying mantis...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version