Author Topic: Balance Beads and TPS  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
Balance Beads and TPS
« on: June 12, 2018, 06:15:36 PM »
Getting ready to change tires from the stock Bridgestone to the Angel GT's I bought a while back. I have always used balance beads on my bikes. I just want to make sure there are no issues using them with TPS. I don't plan on feeding them thru the valve stem. I did that once several years ago... never again! Way too tedious for me.

I have read thru some posts saying there is the potential for problems when using beads in tires with TPS. Any truth to that?

I'm not looking to see who likes beads and who doesn't. I already know I like them. I'm just trying to avoid any issues with the TPS. The Concours is the first bike I've had with TPS. Any input either way would be appreciated.

Thanks!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline jwh20

Re: Balance Beads and TPS
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 06:55:34 PM »
I've not tried them on the C14 but while there are some openings in the housing for the TPMS modules, they are nowhere near large enough to let any beads in.  I think some have voiced concerns that the beads hitting the TPMS module might damage it but I doubt that.

BTW, I'm NOT a fan of these.  I have used them and was not impressed with their performance.  I always felt that the bike was wobbly while starting out after a stop until the beads re-balanced the wheels.  I've found that a properly balanced wheel using wheel weights does better for me.  But clearly you like them so by all means go for it.

Offline Ghost Rider 2

Re: Balance Beads and TPS
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
  I have used Dyna beads in a 1400 with no issues at all.  Also use them in a newer model GL1800 with TPS.  With true Dyna beads they will fit in threw threw stem housing.  Other beads have to be installed at the bead.  On my Connie I did 3 ounces rear  2 ounces front.