Author Topic: Stock or Touring seat for C14  (Read 743 times)

Offline damon20r

Stock or Touring seat for C14
« on: June 29, 2020, 08:36:41 AM »
Hi all,
I am looking for Kawasaki Touring Seat or a good deal on a Stock black seat from a C14.  My bike came with what I believe is a recovered ZX14 seat and it is way too hard for me but I can't spent that much on a stock seat not knowing how much of a difference there will be. I am willing to spend a little bit more on a Touring seat since I believe it would make a larger difference but I'm still on a bit of a budget.  Would be willing to possibly swap as well.
Thanks,
Damon.
2012 Kawasaki C14 Black (current), 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Current)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Stock or Touring seat for C14
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 10:39:17 AM »
You can have my stock seat for shipping charges, which I think will be around $30.00.
Send me a personal msg with your zipcode and I'll see if I can't firm up that estimate using online estimators.
It's seen some miles under my airhawk but it's servicable. It's all boxed up now and in storage, but I can provide
photos to you before you would need to send any money. No rush, keep shopping and just get
back to me when/if you've decided you are interested.

Some say that a firmer seat (like the one you already have perhaps) is the perfect foundation for an Airhawk.
I've never gone the hard seat route just because I wanted something survivable to use in case my Airhawk quit
holding air on a long trip.
If you do go for an Airhawk, just remember that too much air will make it feel unstable. You'll find (if you haven't already)
that seats and handlebars and windshields and sometimes foot pegs are very subjective and rarely will one person's advice
 work perfectly for someone else and it can be an expensive trial process to find what works for you. Good Luck!