Author Topic: Credit Card Services  (Read 5807 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Credit Card Services
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 11:29:46 AM »
He probably already had all that other stuff.   :yikes:

:o

I didn't even think of that.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 12:32:12 PM »
Last March, I was laying in bed in local hospital ER. Wife just left to take care of dogs, being there all night. The phone rings and I somehow manage to stress up to pick the phone thinking it was my wife. Guess what - telemarketer with a GREAT credit card rate !!
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 06:32:10 AM »
Last March, I was laying in bed in local hospital ER. Wife just left to take care of dogs, being there all night. The phone rings and I somehow manage to stress up to pick the phone thinking it was my wife. Guess what - telemarketer with a GREAT credit card rate !!

Imagine them being able to track you down in the ER? Those people are amazing!   ::)  >:(

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 06:52:58 AM »
Talk about a captive audience.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 11:45:53 AM »
Surprise! I just got another call from these assholes. They always use a different number. I had a nice long conversation with 'Beth'. I chatted her up for a good 10 mins. When we finally got around to her asking for numbers I asked her if she was ready for my number. She said yes, and then I told her to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Ok, I didn't say it that nicely.  :-*

I did a lil Googling and I came up with some info on this scam. It's pretty interesting actually. If I lived in Fla I might be tempted to pay them a lil visit.

Read the comments, funny stuff!

http://honeypot.net/2007/10/24/scam-calls-card-services/

Here's more. Good reading on this one, there are 4 parts.

http://onthespotblog.com/the-hunt-for-rachel-at-cardholder-services/

http://onthespotblog.com/what-makes-rachel-from-cardholder-services-tick/

http://onthespotblog.com/fighting-back-against-rachel-at-cardholder-services/

http://onthespotblog.com/the-end-of-rachel-at-cardholder-services-road/

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »
I used to either set the phone down or give them a very famous address to send stuff to me. I've pulled the "guy you are calling is dead" trick more than a few times too. The longer you keep them on the phone the more expensive it is for that company, time is money. But my time is worth a lot too, plus my patience is less as I get older with these oxygen thieves.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 02:32:43 PM »
I used to either set the phone down or give them a very famous address to send stuff to me. I've pulled the "guy you are calling is dead" trick more than a few times too. The longer you keep them on the phone the more expensive it is for that company, time is money. But my time is worth a lot too, plus my patience is less as I get older with these oxygen thieves.

Yeah, you're right Boss. I'm done messing with them. I'm just going to hang up from now on.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »
Heres an idea if you can stomach doing this to somebody you don't know but is harrassing you. Remember back in the 60's and 70's when women were told to blast a whistle into the mouthpiece of the phone when crank callers were bothering them? Not for everyone though cause that person is just doing their job, but they are still invading your privacy, and they might call back and do the same to you.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »
Doing their job? I suppose you could call it that, in the same way that a burglar is doing his job when breaking into someone's house. What this 'Card Services' is doing is illegal. 

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »
I guess I was treading lightly here in describing what I'd like to do. I know people who do this know very well what they are doing, much like the so called inocent get-away driver involved in a bank robbery where someone is killed and he's sentenced to life, its illegal what they are doing so if they get hurt while doing it they'll get no sympathy from me. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.  Some here though may have family involved in legal telemarketing that do honest work and follow the law.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
Read the last 4 links from post #24 of this thread, it's actually pretty interesting.

Offline pb

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »
I just wish I could have $10 charge put on their # for calling my number on the do not call list...
$5 for me and $5 for the phone co.

LOL imaging the surprise when their bill comes in.