Author Topic: How i spent the Mothers Day Weekend  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Sandeeggoman

How i spent the Mothers Day Weekend
« on: May 13, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
Originally this trip was an excuse was to do two things that I really enjoy, riding the bike to new places and fishing. So the plan was to fish the Owens River Valley (east side of the Sierra's) and accomplish this with a bike ride through Death Valley. also did a bit if dirt riding, do i now qualify as a dual sport rider? finished the day in style on the east side of Death Valley at Panamint Springs Campground.
First days total was 468 miles

Offline Sandeeggoman

Re: How i spent the Mothers Day Weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »
Day 2 I rode from Panamint Springs to Lone Pine Ca. for breakfast, then up to Bishop and the river. I know...in California this does qualify as a river.

On the way to the river i saw a sign that HWY 120 through Yosemite National Park was open (it opened earlier then expected) So instead of lunch and more fishing it was off to see the park, I've never seen this side of the park)

After the nice upper elevation ride I went down to the valley floor and all the traffic and crowds. took some photos and took off for Stockton.

Day 2 was 397 miles

Offline Sandeeggoman

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »
Day 3 this day was WAY longer than intended (18 hours). Started in Stockton Ca. and headed south for Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. The original plan was to camp in Sequoia, but as i found out after the fact, the campgrounds were not yet open for the season

there was a fantastic set of twisties going from Sequoia down to Visalia CA. and being a Sunday afternoon not too much traffic.

After this i decided that I was done with this trip and did not feel like camping so I headed for home. didn't arrive until after midnight.
total miles for the day 618.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 04:04:50 PM »
Nice pics, looks like fun.  :thumbs:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »
Great looking trip right there!!  Yes, on the DS question, but then again, isn't the Sport/Touring a DS?  I would say you are riding a DST ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »
Nice, thanks for sharing!  :chugbeer: