Author Topic: New Concourse owner  (Read 11878 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
New Concourse owner
« on: October 31, 2014, 08:11:56 PM »
I have been doing some research on this forum and others and decided, after many years of Harley ownership, to try a Concourse
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

jirod

Re: New Concourse owner
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 09:09:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Deziner, and congratulations on your new Concours. Post some pics soon. 

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 09:39:38 PM »
Welcome  :chugbeer:  I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I  and many here do.
What year is your Connie?
What was your last HD?
Any Pics?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 04:43:40 AM »
Welcome!

Now get that e outta there! There's none in Concours.    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 05:53:42 AM »
Welcome!

Now get that e outta there! There's none in Concours.    :)
Baby steps, C. He's trying to break the Harlee habit.  ;)

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »
Welcome Deziner. Your gonna like it here.
There will be some good natured picking because you said the word Harley, but it is in fun.
We'll talk to anyone!

Your talking with us at the perfect time. Next years National is in Colorado and it is going to be great.
Start thinking now about joining us there!
You'll enjoy it, I guaranteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »
Where to start....  First, my apologies for the e. (Remember, I rode Harleys for a LONG time.)
She is an' 08 ABS model with about 40k on the clock. I am the third owner. The first put on nearly all of the miles, the second actually purchased heras his first motorcycle, having just completed a rider training program. (Not a smart move.)  She jumped out from under him and scared him so he sold her.

I have no clue how well she was maintained so as soon as I got her home I took her apart and am currently going thru her to get a baseline and to square away any issues I find. I'm doing a major service, including valve adjustment and plugs. Also going to service the rear links. Any other suggestions?

I intend to install a set of PR2's. (Not much rain here in Az)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 09:56:14 AM »
Hi Deziner. Welcome. As long as you've got it on the bench there's a number of things you can check. The obvious being change all the fluids including front and rear brake fluid, clutch fluid, engine oil and final drive, and engine coolant. New air filter and check to see if the secondary throttle plates are still installed. Fork suspension fluid could be changed and the steering neck bearings checked. You could check to make sure the factory recalls have been done.  http://www.kawasaki.com/ownercenter  Drive splines could be inspected and a bit of moly paste applied. Might be a good time to replace the TPMS batteries. All depends how deep you want to go.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 10:21:19 AM »
Thanks,  gPink. I' m thinking that a factory service manual is in order. I was a factory trained auto mechanic fo about 20 years so I'm not lacking skills, just information. For the last 15 years I have been designing and producing custom parts for Harleys, I can't wait to start making some for this bike!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 10:29:15 AM »
My last bike was an '06 Electra Glide Classic that I purchased new. I put 90k on her and I simply decided that something different was in order. I ride from Phoenix to LA about twice a month year round. If I don't go to LA I go to Vegas or somewhere else. Like someone once said, "About the time I shift. In to 5th gear, I can't remember a damn thing she said."

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 10:54:20 AM »
Welcome, and just for shits and giggles, Concours is pronounced  "kon-koor", with a silent "s'.
Well there you go, now you know it all.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 11:17:32 AM »
....unless you're just not that into french then it's concorse.  :rotflmao:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 11:20:44 AM »
That link I provided will get you to a downloadable owners manual and an online service manual while you're waiting on a hardcopy.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 11:30:27 AM »
Can't wait to see what kind of custom parts you come up with!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 11:31:05 AM »
French!!!??? Good God, I'm about as redneck as you can get. French fries is as French as I get.

Thanks again, gPink! 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »
One more you might check is the exhaust header to manifold nuts. They've been known to loosen.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 11:52:51 AM »
Thats on the list, G

I think I'll start the new parts with stuff on the rear of the bike, that's what all of my Harley riding friends will be looking at rotflmao:    Not that they will see it for very long......

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 12:01:13 PM »
It's really hard to ride slow. My Valentine is my best riding companion.  8)

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »
A self-proclaimed redneck riding a Jap bike with a French name? Oh, Lordy!!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 01:23:05 PM »
 :rotflmao: It is truly an upside down world.