Author Topic: What parts fit what years?  (Read 2750 times)

Offline oldsmoboat

What parts fit what years?
« on: December 21, 2014, 08:14:39 AM »
Is there a list of what parts fit what years?
Specifically looking at a 95 seat for my 04.
TIA

Offline Summit670

Re: What parts fit what years?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 09:44:37 AM »
my guess is yes there is probably a list somewhere but it may not include the seat.

my guess is yes that the seat would fit.
Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
Seat will fit.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:45:53 AM »
Ted answered your immediate question.

Generally, the quick and dirty way to do this is compare part numbers from a parts microfiche for the different years. If they are the same then they should be interchangeable. I do that when looking at parts on ebay.

Offline Summit670

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »
A parts number comparison between years is a good way to confirm a part is the same but doesn't always mean a part will not fit/work because in the case of the concours I suspect the seat pan is the same fit and the foam/cover shape is the main change.   

I am not suggesting there is a difference between these years but I know my 87 vs the newer ones are definitely different and believe a newer seat would fit my 87 if needed some day.   
Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 06:03:40 PM »
are the part nums different?

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 08:20:30 PM »
A parts number comparison between years is a good way to confirm a part is the same but doesn't always mean a part will not fit/work because in the case of the concours I suspect the seat pan is the same fit and the foam/cover shape is the main change.   

I am not suggesting there is a difference between these years but I know my 87 vs the newer ones are definitely different and believe a newer seat would fit my 87 if needed some day.
Yes, the seats fit all years, but the design of the foam and cover is different.  The early bikes have a flat seat, while the later ones have the contoured seat.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline elvin315

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 07:47:46 PM »
From the FAQ:
From 1986 to 1993, the only change was an inch rise added to the handlebars from 1987 on. In 1994 the front brakes went from single to dual piston calipers. The new forks, from the ZR1100 Zephyr, went from air to mechanical preload and lost their oil drains. A wider 5 spoke front wheel was added with a new rear wheel restyled to match. The dash cowl was redesigned, the instrument panel is from the ZX11, and storage pockets were restyled with locking lids. Adjustable hand levers also came from the ZX11. A new zoomy front fender was added, along with a stepped Corbin style seat (early and late seats are interchangeable). In 99 the forks sprouted little stone shields. That's it for changes. That's why the yearly color used to be such a hot topic.

Note:
The entire front fork & wheel assemblies will swap between the early models ('86-'93) and the late models ('94-'06), but you can't mix the parts. For example: early fork, late wheel.