Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852901 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #940 on: March 21, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »
ELP, Glad to hear that you are doing well enough to at least go for a 10 mile ride. You'll be up and going before you know it.

Offline tomp

« Reply #941 on: March 21, 2015, 04:12:13 PM »
ELP, Glad to hear that you are doing well enough to at least go for a 10 mile ride. You'll be up and going before you know it.
I was thinking the same thing.  Just wondering if his off time was due to work or treatments?  No platitudes, but elp, you will kick this chit, I do believe.   tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #942 on: March 21, 2015, 04:21:22 PM »
The past few days have been busy. I installed some new earrings (Danali D2 lights) on my bike. I used the PCA mirror mounts also. Of course I cant just do a simple wiring project, I have to make a big deal out of it and try to be different. I also rewired my Fuzeblock so that it wont come on until the engine starts. Previously it would power up and start my GPS as soon as I turned the key on. It was really a pain in the butt!
Then today I took my wheels off the bike again and had them re-balanced. I was getting a high speed wobble that needed to go away. So while I had the wheels off, I pulled the final drive and greased the one end of the drive shaft.
Of course upon reassemby, I had to go for a test ride to see if the boys at Kawi balanced the wheels perfectly. Sure enough, no wobble at all now. So then when I came back home, I pulled into the garage, and Mr. Vmax was giving me those sad puppy eyes, with feelings of neglect. So immediately jumped onto that one and went for a nice ride in some very desolate back roads. I believe the term is to blow the carbon off the tops of the pistons? Well I really dont think that there was much build-up on them, but I can certainly tell you now, that there ain't no carbon in that bike anymore!! I wound that thing up tight MANY times, and smiling the whole time.
This gets me thinking... does a serious ride like that do the same thing to the heart as it does to the pistons?  You know, blow the cholesterol out of the veins/heart. Bottom line, fun afternoon! And I can also say that a good hard run on the Vmax is the best way to get the stainless pipes back to their original color. No yellowing on them for now.

Offline tomp

« Reply #943 on: March 21, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »
The past few days have been busy. I installed some new earrings (Danali D2 lights) on my bike. I used the PCA mirror mounts also. Of course I cant just do a simple wiring project, I have to make a big deal out of it and try to be different. I also rewired my Fuzeblock so that it wont come on until the engine starts. Previously it would power up and start my GPS as soon as I turned the key on. It was really a pain in the butt!
Then today I took my wheels off the bike again and had them re-balanced. I was getting a high speed wobble that needed to go away. So while I had the wheels off, I pulled the final drive and greased the one end of the drive shaft.
Of course upon reassemby, I had to go for a test ride to see if the boys at Kawi balanced the wheels perfectly. Sure enough, no wobble at all now. So then when I came back home, I pulled into the garage, and Mr. Vmax was giving me those sad puppy eyes, with feelings of neglect. So immediately jumped onto that one and went for a nice ride in some very desolate back roads. I believe the term is to blow the carbon off the tops of the pistons? Well I really dont think that there was much build-up on them, but I can certainly tell you now, that there ain't no carbon in that bike anymore!! I wound that thing up tight MANY times, and smiling the whole time.
This gets me thinking... does a serious ride like that do the same thing to the heart as it does to the pistons?  You know, blow the cholesterol out of the veins/heart. Bottom line, fun afternoon! And I can also say that a good hard run on the Vmax is the best way to get the stainless pipes back to their original color. No yellowing on them for now

Nicole, when are you going to marry me and make all my life and motorcycle dreams come true?  OK, I know that's never gonna happen, but could you possibly clone yourself?  This getting old without an understanding lady is getting really OLD.   Hope your time off is wonderfully enjoyable.   

FWIW, Listening to this while typing.  1972, and sooo cool.... Hope you enjoy it too.  tp 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo8FpSFUsbM

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #944 on: March 21, 2015, 05:45:02 PM »
Nicole, when are you going to marry me and make all my life and motorcycle dreams come true?  OK, I know that's never gonna happen, but could you possibly clone yourself?  This getting old without an understanding lady is getting really OLD.   Hope your time off is wonderfully enjoyable.   

FWIW, Listening to this while typing.  1972, and sooo cool.... Hope you enjoy it too.  tp 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo8FpSFUsbM
Put me next in line.
Even though my Wife is perfect. She gave up riding a couple of years back. I really wish She would just try the Connie. I know she would love it.
The grass isn't always greener.

sailor_chic

« Reply #945 on: March 21, 2015, 06:01:23 PM »
Wow guys, I'm flattered! There must be some reason that I am still a single woman though. Let's recheck things... Gainfully employed, homeowner, cooks, cleans, rides. It must be the old age.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #946 on: March 21, 2015, 06:01:56 PM »
Changed the ole. Checked the air in the tars. Supposed to get 1"-2" of snow tomorrow night . Ain't riding anytime soon. :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline tomp

« Reply #947 on: March 21, 2015, 06:18:39 PM »
Wow guys, I'm flattered! There must be some reason that I am still a single woman though. Let's recheck things... Gainfully employed, homeowner, cooks, cleans, rides. It must be the old age.
You are kidding yourself.  We know how great you look.  Remember, you posted a  self portrait. Us old guys are just wishing and praying, that's all.  So few ladies like you out there any longer.  My future includes Me, and only me; well maybe my kitty, too.  My mother is recently gone.  My dad is in hospice, soon to be gone.  All but two cousins are gone.  Only one aunt left.  The fun decades of my past life have been replaced with the grim/dismal future of old age and what???  Sorry, it's been a really BAD week for me.   Nicole, don't worry.  You still have decades of fun left... tomp

elp_jc

« Reply #948 on: March 21, 2015, 06:39:14 PM »
ELP, Glad to hear that you are doing well enough to at least go for a 10 mile ride.
I feel like normal, so I'd ride every day if it was up to me :). Or if it was smart, rather. My problem is I have basically zero white blood cells and platelets, so I can catch anything from the air (especially being mostly dirt here, and windy almost every day), and could bleed to death with even a minor cut. In fact, my immune system is so low I can catch any infection from my own body's bacteria, and that's exactly what happened yesterday, that I almost ended up in the ER since my temperature got extremely close to my limit of 100ºF. My immune system will get even weaker since I have 2 chemos left, and will have to deal with more infections and hospital visits in the next 2 months. After that, will be out of danger of not finishing the treatment. Therefore, will be a good (and smart) boy, not take unnecessary risks, and don't ride again to maximize chances of making it these critical next few weeks. Thank you for all the good wishes again.

Offline tomp

« Reply #949 on: March 21, 2015, 06:52:04 PM »
I feel like normal, so I'd ride every day if it was up to me :). Or if it was smart, rather. My problem is I have basically zero white blood cells and platelets, so I can catch anything from the air (especially being mostly dirt here, and windy almost every day), and could bleed to death with even a minor cut. In fact, my immune system is so low I can catch any infection from my own body's bacteria, and that's exactly what happened yesterday, that I almost ended up in the ER since my temperature got extremely close to my limit of 100ºF. My immune system will get even weaker since I have 2 chemos left, and will have to deal with more infections and hospital visits in the next 2 months. After that, will be out of danger of not finishing the treatment. Therefore, will be a good (and smart) boy, not take unnecessary risks, and don't ride again to maximize chances of making it these critical next few weeks. Thank you for all the good wishes again.

My ex wife left me after 28 years for a supposed better life, with another man (who had more money).  Shortly after, she got large B cell non Hodgkins lymphoma.  She made it through four months + of chemo, and has now now been cancer free for over 18 months.  Ex-Wife or not, I don't wish any thing like "C" on anyone.   I pray  all is healed for you and you have decades of life and joy ahead.   tomp

FWIW, lost my mother to colon  cancer a while back.  Don't wish that on anyone, period.  tp 

Offline sf bay rider

• Humble student of the ZG1400
« Reply #950 on: March 21, 2015, 08:33:21 PM »
All of 440 miles on the clock. Initial crankcase oil, rear differential oil and oil filter change.
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #951 on: March 21, 2015, 11:55:57 PM »
Nicole--put me down for a clone too :chugbeer:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #952 on: March 22, 2015, 12:02:24 AM »
All of 440 miles on the clock. Initial crankcase oil, rear differential oil and oil filter change.

Good for you how'd the oil look.
Mine hard a slight silver flake in it. 1st two were Dino then full synthetic.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #953 on: March 22, 2015, 08:58:52 AM »
Yesterday I got the receptical for the XM wired in. Properly. Got the exhaust mounted. Properly. Also replaced one of the coolant hoses for the oil cooler.

Started the center stand mod to clear the Muzzy exhaust system. Should get that and more done today.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #954 on: March 22, 2015, 09:19:57 AM »
Why did you replace the coolant hose?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #955 on: March 22, 2015, 10:12:56 AM »
Why did you replace the coolant hose?

There was a spot where it had a small cut. It looked like it may have been against the fairing or something. It wasn't really bad but I spend a lot of time crossing the desert and it can be a long way to the nearest gas station.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:50:02 AM by Deziner »
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #956 on: March 22, 2015, 01:47:47 PM »
Good thing you caught it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #957 on: March 22, 2015, 01:47:57 PM »
That hose looks like a problem waiting to happen any moment. Good eye on catching it early.

sailor_chic

« Reply #958 on: March 22, 2015, 02:10:51 PM »
Went for a test ride today to see how well the camping gear will handle highway+ speeds.

Offline tomp

« Reply #959 on: March 22, 2015, 03:28:13 PM »
Went for a test ride today to see how well the camping gear will handle highway+ speeds.
When are you heading out?   tp