Author Topic: Ducati factory demo truck in Austin last weekend  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Ducati factory demo truck in Austin last weekend
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:48:01 AM »
I took the opportunity to ride a 2016 Multistrada 1200 S and the new X-Diavel. Both sporting the new DVT 160hp engine. The electronics are amazing on the Multistrada. Completely change the personality of the bike instantly. Touring mode it glides over the bumps, put it into sport mode and the suspension instantly gets hard (easy boys!) and ready to rock the twisties. We never got a chance to get into any dirt but tried the Enduro mode and it goes from 160 hp to 100 hp, still tons of power but very smooth and controllable. If money were no object, the Multistrada Enduro (adds spoke but tubeless wheels, 19" front, dual swing arm and TourTech side cases) would be my next bike. Both bikes are very quick. The X-Diavel has forward controls and possibly the worst ergonomics of any bike I've sat on since the original V-Rod. But holy moly that bike gets up and moves! Would smoke my C14 in a straight line. Geared lower so maybe the C14 would catch up in the triple digit speeds but I don't know. We did a group ride and I would fall back a bit to check out the acceleration but could not get to WOT before closing the gap on either bike. So many bikes, so little time... or money.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Ducati factory demo truck in Austin last weekend
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »
You got that right.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.