Author Topic: WTB tubular handlebars adapter mount [FOUND]  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Tony Bullet

WTB tubular handlebars adapter mount [FOUND]
« on: May 24, 2020, 09:10:46 AM »
I am looking for tubular handlebars adapter mount: would anybody have one of these for sale?

Could be Storz, Helibars, Murph's... But only the adapter, not the bars, because of shipping costs.
Thanks!

Just for info, I picked up these photos on the forum and on the net. For some I know the brand, but for others I can't find: any help would be welcomed:

#1 This one is sold at Murph's, but the image is not very good:

#2 This one seems to be the same as #1, but one can read "Heli" on it; however, it is not sold on Helibars website:

So does anybody know where it comes from?

Otherwise, the two following are on the market, but they are sold together with the handlebars, not alone.

#3 is the Helibars mount:

#4 is the Storz mount:

Anyway, they all seem to do the job (unless somebody has a comment?) and I would be pleased to find one.

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:07:23 PM by Tony Bullet »
French & living in France, I am the new owner of a Concours 10 (called GTR over there): 1992, black with this nice red line, 71000 km on the counter, good condition but works are on process.
I also ride:
Yamaha SR500
Yamaha WFR250

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: WTB tubular handlebars adapter mount
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 03:12:37 PM »
best "bang for the buck$$' is the Murph model, had them on both of my C10's, no complaint, and the prices was nices...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Tony Bullet

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 04:39:01 AM »
the prices was nices...
$142 + shipping is not exactly what I call nice...Whip it!

French & living in France, I am the new owner of a Concours 10 (called GTR over there): 1992, black with this nice red line, 71000 km on the counter, good condition but works are on process.
I also ride:
Yamaha SR500
Yamaha WFR250

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 05:08:13 PM »
$142 + shipping is not exactly what I call nice...Whip it!

bike stuff ain't cheap anymore... I agree.. the Storz SB-025 mount is like $179 + shipping..

https://www.storzperf.com/pricelist.pdf

and to be honest, when Murph first released the mounts (Called KB mounts), I think I got them for a reduced "crash-test dummy" price, having the first sets made.(that, and we are good pals, along with Kevin Baker, the machinist that made them...)  but I loved them on both bikes, one I used Superbike Bend bars, the other I had Daytona bend, and both were extremely comfy..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Stasch

Re: WTB tubular handlebars adapter mountI
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 08:39:12 AM »
I get that it seems expensive.  Here's another way to look at it.

I spent several years trying cheaper (and in retrospect, far less effective) alternatives to solve the big issues on my C10 purchased in 2003 for $4,900. 

I must have less than normal natural padding in my butt, and my head tilts forward already due to a childhood injury.  My rear end and my back between the shoulder blades were forcing me off my C10 in about 45 minutes, with the last 10 or 15 minutes of each session being border line painful.

The problems for me were the seat and handlebars.

After all the 'cheaper' messing around and wasted time, I finally got the big ticket items:  Good seat (Russell), handlebar adapters and extended brake lines to get a set of 7/8 in. bars that put my hands right where I needed them. 

Yes it cost some money, but it opened the door for ME to do multiple hour and all day runs, that the bike had been capable of all along.

Now when I ride an OEM C10, I am quickly reminded of the cramped, restricted and uncomfortable situation I put up with far too long.

The extra $$$ was well worth it for me.

Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 01:44:04 AM »
If you want a bolt on option, then you have listed all the ones I know of.
I have a Storz bar adapter but I am keeping it as I am considering tube handlebars on my C10.

Alternatively, if you don't mind some modification, you can drill the top yoke/triple-tree and fit standard handlebar mounts like these.

George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Tony Bullet

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 03:46:59 PM »
when Murph first released the mounts, I got them for a reduced "crash-test dummy" price, having the first sets made. I loved them on both bikes, one I used Superbike Bend bars, the other I had Daytona bend, and both were extremely comfy.
What can you tell me in terms of pull back about Superbike & Daytona handlebars? If I read Murph's page well, it seems that pull back from those two is the same as stock clip on, ie 7": so what is the point using them? Can you confirm my figures? Thanks in advance.
I also ride:
Yamaha SR500
Yamaha WFR250

Offline Tony Bullet

Re: WTB tubular handlebars adapter mountI
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 03:55:56 PM »
I get that it seems expensive.I finally got the big ticket items:  Good seat (Russell), handlebar adapters and extended brake lines to get a set of 7/8 in. bars that put my hands right where I needed them.
The extra $$$ was well worth it for me.

Yes Stasch, I agree with you. My request here was just to save a little bit of money, if ever a member of the group had one of those second hand devices in spare (which actually is the case, since I found one on COG US).
Can you please tell me more about your handlebars? It seems that stock measurement is 7" pull back, and from what I can read on at least Storz or Helibars, their pull back is exactly the same as with stock clip on's?
I also ride:
Yamaha SR500
Yamaha WFR250

Offline Tony Bullet

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 04:02:54 PM »
If you want a bolt on option, then you have listed all the ones I know of.
Alternatively, if you don't mind some modification, you can drill the top yoke/triple-tree and fit standard handlebar mounts like these.
Actually, I found (and bought!) a HeliBars mount adapter on COG.So thank you for your suggestion. I was not really keen in drilling anyway  :-\ !!!
I also ride:
Yamaha SR500
Yamaha WFR250

Offline Tony Bullet

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 04:06:38 PM »
By the way, did you play in the band? Devo, I mean?
I also ride:
Yamaha SR500
Yamaha WFR250