Author Topic: NRA press Conference  (Read 31869 times)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
NRA press Conference
« on: December 21, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »
http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Finally, saying what needs to be said. Interestingly, their plan is as we discussed in the "I will not run away" thread. The "Watchdog Dads" program was cited.

Upon watching it, I donated 100.00.

Let me say this. My daughter is still in high school for another 2.5 years. We go in the evenings to her soccer games. There is no security there. I can't bring any. The laws have fully removed our ability to defend ourselves or others. If I choose to violate the law (I don't) then I WILL be looked at as a "gun toting criminal on school property". It's time for America to wake up. Watch the press conference, I am 100% in agreement., and ready to be a "Watchdog Dad". Steve

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
Re: NRA press Conference
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »
Just read it and found it well stated. He certainly called the "cuture" out on it's BS. Unfortunately I don't believe that it will convince any of those who need to be covinced. Their minds don't work that way. This is, and will always be an uphill battle.

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »
I also found it well thought out and reasonable. I don' see how the liberal gun grabbers can not support this without looking like callous uncaring zealots. But I'm sure they will find a way. Because that's diiiiiiiifferent. :)
2004 C10 RIP

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
Well...I do not mind them defending what they stand for, but I call BS on this statement:

And here's another dirty little truth that the media try their best to
conceal: There exists in this country a callous, corrupt and corrupting
shadow industry that sells, and sows, violence against its own people.
Through vicious, violent video games with names like Bulletstorm,
Grand Theft Auto, Mortal Kombat and Splatterhouse. And here’s one:
it’s called Kindergarten Killers. It’s been online for 10 years. How come
my research department could find it and all of yours either couldn’t or
didn’t want anyone to know you had found it?

Those games sell in millions. If they were so bad, we should have seen at least hundred more psychos shooting schools. This is as bad a blame as people blaming guns for violence.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »
Awaz - personally, I understand their point. It's not that the AVERAGE person can't separate fact from fantasy; it's the one loner who spends all his time gaming and avoiding the real world. I know a bit about that; I've seen it in a teenager I know very well.

And think of it this way. let's say you have a person with personality disorder / mental illness who has spent years "killing" while gaming. Now his mental illness gets worse as he gets a bit older. Maybe he starts thinking that the kids in the local school are alien spawn, and god told him to kill them before they wipe out the world. In his mind he has been preparing for this for years, and he has to carry out his plan, it's the only way to save the universe. And so it starts.

Don't laugh about this - 2 years ago a guy armed with a knife entered a dayschool about 2 miles from me with intent to kill all the children, because god told him to.  Here ya go - and after this article they bumped his bail to 100,000.00 http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/man-accused-of-bringing-weapon-into-pasco-day-care/1106376

We also just had a local kid get convicted last week for his plan to blow up and shoot up his school. Manifesto and everything.

It's hard to get inside someone's head who is deranged. I dealt with it while working in the DOC also. don't try to understand an insane person by your sane standards, it doesn't work. Steve

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »
Here - y'all NEED TO WATCH THIS  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/police-release-video-wouldbe-columbine-copycat-article-1.1204626

watch The sicko's own video. See how his plan is well laid out. He's 17. where did he learn this stuff? video games maybe? Steve

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
Attitudes...

We hear straight pipes on a regular basis.
We see 'puddin' bowls on a regular basis.
We see blue jeans and flip flops on a regular basis.

There is nothing inherently wrong with any of them in a free society.

Changing peoples attitudes, and/or education, as to what is acceptable and 'correct' is far easier than banning straight pipes, flip flops, or puddin bowls.... or a .44 magnum.

Laws don't change crap, acceptable behavior (read: peer pressure, if you like) does.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 10:12:34 PM »
Powerful, must watch.

Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!

Gee, think we'll see this clip played on NBC/ABC/CBS anytime soon.....

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 11:01:26 PM »
another interesting read...

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2012-12-19.html

That won't be discussed on CNN/NBC/ABC or CBS either.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 01:41:48 AM »
I've always thought the NRA was not remotely aggressive enough. The money Members pay should be used to keep Washington's gun grabbers busy defending against a constant barrage of the airing of their dirty laundry. All those child molesting, bad check writing, wife beating, worthless scumbags should never be able to stick their head out , without seeing flashbulbs going off.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 06:50:06 AM »
I've always thought the NRA was not remotely aggressive enough. The money Members pay should be used to keep Washington's gun grabbers busy defending against a constant barrage of the airing of their dirty laundry. All those child molesting, bad check writing, wife beating, worthless scumbags should never be able to stick their head out , without seeing flashbulbs going off.
That kind of stuff would merely make the NRA a characture.  I think they do a darn good job where it really matters, supporting education, legislation, and court cases.  (Heller v. DC, Shepard v. Madigan (Illinois))
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 07:05:15 AM »
I go to gun free zones every day for work.  Those zones are protected by professionals with guns.  Every government building has some form of armed security. 

So, if you go to a school function, only law breakers will be carrying guns?

I also agree with the violent video games and folks with diminished mental capacity.

I know personally that the car racing video games had me going into the curves on public streets with a little more confidence.
I also tried one of those sniper games and when I started dreaming about the scenerios in the game I knew I had to stop.

There are good citizens who carry a firearm for protection, there are those who carry a firearm to feel brave, and there are those who carry a firearm to feel superior. 

Personally, if I wouldn't go somewhere without a firearm, I don't want to go there with a firearm. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Locol

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »
Here is a thought. There are approximately 130,000 schools in the US. It would cost approximately $6.5-$6.8B/yr. to put armed guards in the schools. Grover Norquist is a NRA board member. Do you think Grover (or most NRA members) would support a tax increase to pay for the armed guards?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 01:59:06 PM »
Train existing personnel.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
Here is a thought. There are approximately 130,000 schools in the US. It would cost approximately $6.5-$6.8B/yr. to put armed guards in the schools. Grover Norquist is a NRA board member. Do you think Grover (or most NRA members) would support a tax increase to pay for the armed guards?
I would not support a federal tax, but I would vote yes for a state sponsored levy if the levy was %100 for the purpose of providing for an on site armed response at each and every school.  The fedgov is not equipped to handle each states needs and it never will be.

Offline CIG4R

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 02:59:49 PM »

ACLU dues coming up again?
A decided is better decided locally by each state, school district or even better each school
not a broad federal move that could put the TSA equivalent guarding schools, but a parent / community member that has been vetted out sounds pretty reasonable. 
No federal funds - novel idea, implementation or not could be one school board meeting away.

Why should a community response be dictated by a remote group who has armed guards protecting their work place everyday?

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 05:00:41 PM »
Why not have a Sheriff's auxillary unit and required training? Some departments around here have them already.
2014 C-14 Red

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 07:22:20 PM »
Why not have a Sheriff's auxillary unit and required training? Some departments around here have them already.

That's basically what the NRA is proposing. The problem with allowing this on a local level is that there's a federal firearms law that prohibits firearms from being within 1000 ft of a school. The fact is that if you drive your car on the road the school is located, you have just violated federal law. I think that this issue is such a hot-button topic, the only fair way is for the local people to decide what works for them. Regardless, TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING. Steve