Author Topic: Thank you, and good-bye!  (Read 5132 times)

Offline Bogus1

Thank you, and good-bye!
« on: October 20, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »
Just traded in my '09 Concours for a '13 ZX-14R. I would like to thank everyone on the forum for their amazing knowledge and humor. Although I never really posted much, I lurked a lot. It seemed like someone else always ended up posting the questions I had anyway! I some of you are on the ZX forums so maybe I'll see you there. I have some left over accessories and OEM parts that need good homes so as soon as I can get them together I'll post 'em in the for sale section.
Bennett

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Thank you, and good-bye!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »
Love the color, grats!  8)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 03:18:31 PM »
You don't have to go. You can stick around and tell us that GREEN is the fastest color and would be willing to prove it any time. ;)

Offline Bogus1

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 03:31:49 PM »
lol! it REALLY is the fastest! I read one review that described a newbie impression of riding the ZX as a "grizzly bear attack" and man he ain't shittin'! Despite all the mods I did to the ZG she just never had the power I wanted. Now that the wife rides her own Interceptor I don't have to worry about 2up riding comfort anymore, so thought it was time for my own "bear attack"!

Offline Bogus1

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 03:46:10 PM »
This was the exact quote from the review by Cycle World at:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/03/07/kawasaki-zx-14r-road-test/

"Don’t be misled. The 14’s power dominates like King Kong in a parakeet cage. None of us can ride this thing and not be blown away by the massive thrust. The more riding talent the rider has, the more enjoyable this bike proves to be. Newbies were shocked and scared and shocked and scared, and that was just the first two gears. They got more panicked after that.
Kawasaki stroked last year’s 1352cc engine 4mm to get a 1441cc powerplant with a 12.3:1 compression ratio. Redline is 11,000 rpm. All told, you’ll see 192 rear-wheel ponies on top, but the number you’ll feel with every throttle movement is the 113 foot-pounds of torque. For the experts on our staff, it’s the closest thing to a turbo bike we’ve yet experienced. Addicting? Yes! Frightening? Yes! For less-experienced riders, it was the closest thing to a Grizzly attack.

Accurate descriptions  :o

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
And you straddle this thing with your legs?
Remind me not to  :censored: with you.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 06:13:28 AM »
Needs some green rim tape.   8)

That bike is physically too big for me.  How does the insurance cost compare to the Concours?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 06:21:25 AM »
Just think, Bennett...

And then you can modify it to get even more!

There's still another full second in quarter mile available!

Chunking that huge bazooka dual exhaust system for a lighter Brock's... adding a PC5, installing lowering links and better tires...

Then you're flirting with the 8 second quarter mile bracket and surpassing 200+ mph on top.

Grats on your new Kong. I almost went that way myself back in '12.
There was a new 14R sitting next to my new C14 on the showroom floor.

I actually heard the angel and the devil arguing at each other on my shoulders...

The seating position difference and wanting a shaft drive instead of a chain was why I went C14.
9 second quarters and 202 mph was definitely enticing!
But, like the angel on my right shoulder told me... "Don't do it, Bobby! You know you'll have to see if it will go that fast!"

Lol...

Please ride safe, and always respect the beast.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline Bogus1

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 06:49:41 AM »
Respect the beast is right! I'm really thankful for the selectable traction control, especially up here in the NW, as well as the built in dual map selection. Maybe in the far future I'll be looking to eke more power out of it, but I REALLY doubt it. Seriously this thing is insane.

First thing I did was order new Delkevic pipes. Not for the power, just for looks.

Not rim tape. Green LEDs! hehe
My insurance, full coverage with $100 comp $500 collision deductibles, went up a whopping $120/yr, now paying $280/yr. Oooooh the pain!  ;)

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 07:18:20 AM »

If your Wife was as cool as mine, you could have kept both. 8)

Pick a winner. They both deliver.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Bogus1

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 08:09:21 AM »
Sweet! No lack of "cool" from the SO, just a lack of garage space. Both bikes are awesome at what they do. Loved the Connie, just ready for something different.

Lets see....just need a hard bag kit, bar risers, peg lowers, Sargent seat, Rostra, heated grips and a few more goodies and it'll be almost the same!  :o

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 08:52:35 AM »
I can dig it. Stick around. Rub it in about that crazy power of the mighty 14R.

Nothing else comes close.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Bogus1

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 09:02:25 AM »
Right on! I'll troll the forum looking for someone posting their Silverdammit is the fastest, I can come back and say Green is faster! hehe...