Author Topic: Exoplanet may support liquid water  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
Exoplanet may support liquid water
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:15:09 AM »
I heard about this on NPR today.  Gliese581 isn't too far away in galactic terms (about 20 LY)...

http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2011/05/new-climate-model-suggests-exoplanet-may-support-liquid-water.ars

At least it's close enough that we should be able to learn a lot more about it in the coming decades, as better telescopes/detectors come online.
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: Exoplanet may support liquid water
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:43:53 AM »
This follows along some of the newer concepts about life in the Universe. With the size being so large, a new idea about local life, or pockets of regions where life can prosper can come into play. Certain areas of space are just really bad, while others seen more docile. The realm  Earth is in is one of those docile areas.
So the debate continues, I just hope I life long enough to know a little more about this big box we live in.
Ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Exoplanet may support liquid water
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:45:52 AM »
Excellent.  That means there might be hope for mixed drinks there.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.