Author Topic: Bike recently serviced, now getting hotter in traffic  (Read 5697 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: Bike recently serviced, now getting hotter in traffic
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2018, 06:03:05 PM »
Bike performed flawlessly all the way home, even in 95 degree freeway riding.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2018, 09:15:43 PM »
Now that's funny.. ;D

you can laugh, and snicker all you want... just note that the extended KPP plan deal I worked out, was thru a dealership I would not have to even question as to their dedication to customer service..

once you find someone like that, it changes your outlook, and other pale in the shadows, and can suck sea salt...

looks like Brent got fixed, but I don't know how you would puncture a pressure rated braided reinforced hose, in that location, without really working at it...

me thinks they didn't tighten a big hose clamp, when they moved the radiator forward during his valve adjust...  I'd be pulling the overflow hose off myself, and looking at the point they say they 'filed off", sounds like b/s to me, but I'm just like that, and know the cover stories they weave...

all good, he's fixed, ride on... I had an exceptional ride today, and captured 2 ADV tags, so I'm stoked.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2018, 09:36:39 PM »
I haven't had a good experience with dealerships. Ever. Any time I had to go to them, I got screwed. Just because the manufacturers give them "special powers", they lose all humanity. Unless you keep going to the same dealership and get all maintenance done there which is much more expensive than I'm willing to pay so they give me a break when I need something "special" done.

Glad Mr. Pepsi's bike is fixed. Ride on.
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2018, 08:09:06 AM »
me thinks they didn't tighten a big hose clamp, when they moved the radiator forward during his valve adjust...  I'd be pulling the overflow hose off myself, and looking at the point they say they 'filed off", sounds like b/s to me, but I'm just like that, and know the cover stories they weave...

That's certainly possible, this is the same dealer that told me I needed to have my rotors replaced immediately or I risk my front brakes from "locking up" at speed while riding. Just glad they fixed the radiator issue for free.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2018, 08:36:28 AM »
I know this is an old topic, but I had a very similar issue after a valve check.
After looking over the diagram for the coolant lines and feedback from good members here, I found out that they reversed the hose to the thermostat and the overflow tube. Topic is still there somewhere in this forum.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14