Author Topic: Nice little ride up Mt. Lemmon  (Read 2417 times)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena

Offline badhabits

Re: Nice little ride up Mt. Lemmon
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:26:10 PM »
I keep intending to try this ride but always find myself going north to yarnell then across to strawberry for a long run. Quick short runs are usually new river road or Bartlett lake.

Offline Tim

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »
Nice Vid. Last time I was up Mt. Lemon was in 1974 on a then new 1974 900 Kawasaki.
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »
I keep intending to try this ride but always find myself going north to yarnell then across to strawberry for a long run. Quick short runs are usually new river road or Bartlett lake.

I was already down there for my daughters basketball tournament so I figured might as well hit the Mt. in the morning :)

I live in Chandler so I usually head the same direction you do...  You should hit me up if you are looking for someone to ride with...  Kirk @ 480-338-1681

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »
On my last trip to Mt. Lemmon, one on the local guardians of Truth, Justice, and The American Way was kind enough to take some time out of his busy day to explain just how many bicycles. cars and motorcycles go up and down the mountains on the weekends, and that he wearied of med-evac'ing their operators to the local hospitals.  He indicated that weekends would call for a more relaxed pace, and that perhaps it would be better to moderate my pace enjoy the scenery rather that the pavement design.  Since he was kind enough to offer this advice without charge, I decided right then that my next visit would be on a weekday.

Considering how many bicycles that were in your video, I think that I made the right decision.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 11:16:23 PM »
FYI: There are two such guardians who live on the mountain.  One of them HATES bikes.  Or at least that's the assessment I've gotten from every biker I've heard anything from after being interviewed.  As such, I tend to take my time on the mountain.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.