Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853025 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #480 on: January 17, 2015, 10:48:10 AM »
It does with dope.  I don't see why not on the C14.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #481 on: January 17, 2015, 10:55:45 AM »
You can use a throttle lock, heavier bar ends and anything else you want along with a CC on a C-14. The CC will tie in at the throttle lever and not in any way interact with anything on the handlebars.

As far as the extra weight, I think that ship sailed when Kawasaki made a 700 lb. bike and we bought it. :-)  Anyone who wants to seriously lighten up a C-14 really should start before the purchase and use letter / number combos like RR1000S or R1 instead IMO.  ;)

Brian

Hmmm, guess I need to reconsider removing the throttle lock then.  Do you really think the extra few grams makes a difference?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Jim H

« Reply #482 on: January 17, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »
Went out to the pole building and it is running as we speak.  Might get in the upper 20's????  Freakn weather sucks!  LOL

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #483 on: January 17, 2015, 03:33:23 PM »
Decided to add an auxiliary fuse box and add a constant hot power outlet near the gauges. Instead of spending more money I would use some of the stuff I have accumulated over the years. I would have preferred to use a very cool fuse box and a Powerlet outlet but using a fuse box left over from another project and a 1/4" pro audio jack should work just fine.

God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #484 on: January 17, 2015, 05:08:23 PM »
Brian, i was referring to the weight of the throttlemeister, as a couple of guys here suggested that I keep it on the bars to help reduce the vibes. After all, I thought that vibrations are good. Ooops, did I just say that?  :P

sailor_chic

« Reply #485 on: January 17, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »
Nice work Deziner!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #486 on: January 17, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »
Wrong bike SC, unless you want to sit on the bars.  Might be a tad uncomfortable riding that way, though.  I recommend The Great Idea.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #487 on: January 17, 2015, 05:31:31 PM »
Nice work Deziner!

Thanks, S_C! While I was in there I also ran a couple extra circuits from the fuse box to the front of the bike so if and when I add driving lights or whatever, the hard part will already be done.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #488 on: January 18, 2015, 06:39:00 AM »
Brian, i was referring to the weight of the throttlemeister, as a couple of guys here suggested that I keep it on the bars to help reduce the vibes. After all, I thought that vibrations are good. Ooops, did I just say that?  :P

:)

Good Vibrations (Lyrics on screen) - The Beach Boys
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #489 on: January 18, 2015, 11:00:07 AM »
:)

Good Vibrations (Lyrics on screen) - The Beach Boys

Spent almost an hour installing the Throttlemeister my boys gave me for Xmas. Man, are those tiny shims a pain in the arse to get adjusted just right. I also didn't know that 'Black Bear' could pull the front end shifting to 2nd gear when the throttle is stuck wide open  :o Very impressive to passersby.

Offline tomp

« Reply #490 on: January 18, 2015, 06:06:37 PM »
After all, I thought that vibrations are good. Ooops, did I just say that?  :P
Go for a ride on any classic Brit single or twin.  A real thrill I'll bet.   
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #491 on: January 18, 2015, 06:32:51 PM »
Ah, I missed that part and of course do not want to stand in the way of anyone's fun and amusement.... :-)

Good luck with the Rostra.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

sailor_chic

« Reply #492 on: January 18, 2015, 08:36:16 PM »
Brian,  I hear that your the man that has the know how with the Rostra. Can you offer any installation info to a woman with enough knowledge to be dangerous?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #493 on: January 19, 2015, 07:50:10 AM »
Well, if you have not see it, I would suggest reading through the semi- tutorial on the install- there is one here: http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/Rostra%20install.htm

After lots and lots of working with folks doing these installs, I can say without any hesitation that the biggest problem is the electrical side of the install. When I wrote that, I thought for sure that the fabrication / adaption of the throttle hook-up would be the problem area but people having problems doing that part are pretty rare; in fact, some people have come up with some really ingenious, neat and slick methods of routing and mounting (Easy Boys....and Girls!) the cable. But the electrical side has been quite troublesome for many people. So I would suggest a little extra thought on that side to make sure you understand what is going on ("assuming" has been a huge part of installation problems) and required. Also note that there absolutely will be quite a few wires left over; this part seems to annoy some people and they want to do something with those wires.... but this is a universal CC and has lots of wires for different applications, often make- specific, and NO installation will use all the wires as many are redundant.

Lots of Rostras on lots of C-14s performing well. No reason you cannot put one on / have one on yours too. As always, I am around for questions and usually respond pretty quickly.

I would allow at least 3 or 4 full days for this install.

Best of luck if you do install one.

Brian

Brian,  I hear that your the man that has the know how with the Rostra. Can you offer any installation info to a woman with enough knowledge to be dangerous?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #494 on: January 19, 2015, 07:50:41 AM »
Did a basic oil, filter and final drive fluid change this weekend at 53,200 miles. Bike still runs as well as the day I rode it home. Only maintenance has been oil changes and one valve check. Oh, and changed out the CCT for an Ape.

sailor_chic

« Reply #495 on: January 19, 2015, 06:23:26 PM »
Well, if you have not see it, I would suggest reading through the semi- tutorial on the install- there is one here: http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/Rostra%20install.htm

I would allow at least 3 or 4 full days for this install.

Best of luck if you do install one.

Brian

Did you say days? Oh my!

Look at my signature below. I am an official IBA member and have my number, Woo-hoo!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #496 on: January 19, 2015, 06:51:54 PM »
Did you say days? Oh my!

Look at my signature below. I am an official IBA member and have my number, Woo-hoo!

Congratulations, S_C !!!

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2015, 06:57:53 PM »

Congrats S_C :chugbeer:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:07:25 PM by maxtog »
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline tomp

« Reply #498 on: January 19, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »
Way to go.  The cruise Control will make it even better on the next long journey.  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #499 on: January 19, 2015, 08:39:47 PM »
I assume that IBA certificate was for a SaddleSore 1000? Congrats!

Yep, days.... Earth days. It can be done in less time but some have taken weeks so I never, ever recommend less than a full two days and often that is not enough. As per an earlier thread, you seem fairly new to splicing wires so I thought it might take someone at that level a little longer. Besides, better to be finished before expected than to still be working on the thing long after the time you had supposed it would take, right?

Again, take a good look at the tutorial and see how long you think it will take you, with the tools and abilities available to you, to install one of those.

Brian

Did you say days? Oh my!