Author Topic: I'm back...and glad to be here!!!  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
I'm back...and glad to be here!!!
« on: March 12, 2019, 10:29:59 AM »
Hi all,
Just wanted to reach out and say hello.  In 2017 I was in a terrible snowmobile accident and I broke my back, arm, ribs...etc.  I wasn't able to ride the last several years.  My poor Connie was up on the center stand, I have been able to get her out and buzz her around the neighborhood just to get her juices flowing.

We I just went out and gave a startup and I feel like I'll be able to get her back on the road. Feel pretty good. Good news, bad news I've gained some weight so the Aerostich is gonna be TIGHT, goal to drop 25 lbs by May 1st.

Any how, I noticed the batteries in the sensors for the valves are "low" and I had been battling a little brake vibration prior to the accident.  On a good note I had just put a new set of Michelin PR4 on 55 series, they can't have 20 miles on them.

I need some advice on best solution to brakes and the TPS issue.
Thank you all in advance, I am so glad to be back and take it from me, don't EVER take being able to swing your leg over the saddle for granted.
Dan Boone
Bath, Ohio

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: I'm back...and glad to be here!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 11:11:53 AM »
Welcome back.  You may want to repost the technical questions to the C14, The Bike board.  Also, what year bike do you have?  In looking back at your past posts you appear to have an 11 bike.  You may or may not have the newish sensors.  If so, they can't be 'fixed'.   The original sensors can be opened up and new batteries inserted.  The new ones....not so much.  I've re-done mine and all appears to be well.  The vibration on the front brakes could be indicative of material on the rotors, warped rotors, or in my case the pistons needed to be rebuilt.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: I'm back...and glad to be here!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 05:49:27 PM »
Welcome back! You didn't miss much around here, trust me.
Free floating rotors require free movement, to be floating, freely. Some guys take an easyout and spin the rotor buttons.
The grass isn't always greener.