Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853751 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #880 on: March 11, 2015, 07:38:26 AM »
There are some available on eBay. Made in the USA I think
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #881 on: March 11, 2015, 02:19:09 PM »
Thanks guys.  Rode to work in the cool and dark this AM.  Just rode home; cloudy, damp, still cool, but good a ride and glad to be back home.  Messing with my RT now.  tp

I found ProjektD AeroWings.  They are $78.00.  Will look more later... tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #882 on: March 11, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »
For whatever it is worth.... I have two sets of hard guards, a set of customs made by a long- ago member of this forum named Metalbender, and a set of Baker hand wings. The Metalbenders are bigger and work slightly better in the deepest part of the winter but overall, the Bakers are outstanding because they can be turned more than 90 degrees and actually blow cool air into the cockpit (Easy Boys!). Good stuff and it will greatly increase temperature comfort on the C-14 in the summer.... and I say that being in an area that does not have a 'summer' anywhere near as bad as yours....

Brian

Cruise, I could have really used those today.  What's the source?   Thanks, tomp
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #883 on: March 11, 2015, 02:40:02 PM »
For whatever it is worth.... I have two sets of hard guards, a set of customs made by a long- ago member of this forum named Metalbender, and a set of Baker hand wings. The Metalbenders are bigger and work slightly better in the deepest part of the winter but overall, the Bakers are outstanding because they can be turned more than 90 degrees and actually blow cool air into the cockpit (Easy Boys!). Good stuff and it will greatly increase temperature comfort on the C-14 in the summer.... and I say that being in an area that does not have a 'summer' anywhere near as bad as yours....

Brian
Thanks Brian. Baker makes two styles for the 08-09's. Great considerations there, too.$65-80 a set. 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #884 on: March 11, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »
Here is a thread from The Pope who put together an excellent ram mount based set of deflectors...
 http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10501.msg128285#msg128285

Offline sf bay rider

• Humble student of the ZG1400
« Reply #885 on: March 11, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »
I put on the "Fenda Extenda" modified the Tech Spec "Snake skin" tank protectors. The new "Miss Connie" is complete.  Who hoo hoo and few pints of Guinness to celebrate, too My new two wheeled mistress is looking, mighty fine.  IMHO
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:47:07 PM by sf bay rider »
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL

sailor_chic

« Reply #886 on: March 12, 2015, 05:47:33 AM »
I put on the "Fenda Extenda" modified the Tech Spec "Snake skin" tank protectors. The new "Miss Connie" is complete.  Who hoo hoo and few pints of Guinness to celebrate, too My new two wheeled mistress is looking, mighty fine.  IMHO

Complete is a seldom and misused word around here.  I believe that you meant to say that it was complete for that day.  I'm sure that you will find something to do to your bike in a few days. 
If not, here's a few thoughts to ponder...
Laam seat
Rostra cruise
GPS
Trunk
Auxiliary lighting
Stebel airhorn

By the time your done with that list, you will need new tires.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #887 on: March 12, 2015, 06:05:22 AM »
Complete is a seldom and misused word around here.  I believe that you meant to say that it was complete for that day.  I'm sure that you will find something to do to your bike in a few days. 
If not, here's a few thoughts to ponder...
Laam seat
Rostra cruise
GPS
Trunk
Auxiliary lighting
Stebel airhorn

By the time your done with that list, you will need new tires.

lol, ......and an oil change, (dino or syn?) maybe swap the wind screen, tip over protection, etc.

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #888 on: March 12, 2015, 09:19:58 AM »
What did I do today?  Rode to work!  Too bad I had to stop at the office.  This is the earliest in the year I have been on a bike- ever.  Usually more like early April here in SE Minnesota. 

2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline sf bay rider

• Humble student of the ZG1400
« Reply #889 on: March 12, 2015, 09:45:58 AM »
Point well taken on the "Completed"  In turn, a work in progress, but a momentary pause. As Connie is a demanding two wheel mistress.
Jack

2014 Red ZG1400CEFL

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #890 on: March 12, 2015, 09:59:45 AM »
Supposed to hit 70 this weekend. I'm torn between riding and maintenance. Really ought to do some maintenance but I sure want to ride. Decisions decisions....

Offline tomp

« Reply #891 on: March 12, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »
Supposed to hit 70 this weekend. I'm torn between riding and maintenance. Really ought to do some maintenance but I sure want to ride. Decisions decisions....
Maintenance, we don't need no stinking maintenance.  Get out and hit those Hills.   tomp

Offline Conrad

« Reply #892 on: March 13, 2015, 05:01:56 AM »

That's why I do all my maintenance in the fall before I put Connie to bed for her long winter's nap.    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #893 on: March 13, 2015, 05:05:31 AM »
  My new Corbin seat showed up yesterday. Installed last night and went out for little ride.  No more sliding forward all the time. I think I am becoming a happy biker again.

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #894 on: March 13, 2015, 07:00:13 AM »
Change Oil and Filter. I had already purchased the Rotella T6 5-40 before reading about some forum members claiming they were less than happy with the shifting characteristics. So I stock for Milk run( don't laugh I you everyone has used a milk run as a ride excuse )
Shifting was crisp and smooth.

How ever I need to update my opinion of the Dyna Beads.
Disclaimer: the speeds I am about to talk about may or may not have actually been my own :-X
Speeds below 160km the bike seems fine with only a slight hint that there could be an out of balance issue. However when you venture into the 200km there is a very disappointing vibration. I am planning on removing them and having them speed balanced at the local Kawi dealer. I will post the results.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:15:07 PM by Cruise Missile »

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #895 on: March 13, 2015, 01:01:23 PM »
Supposed to hit 70 this weekend.

I know the C14 is supposed to be slower than my ZX14 .... but it takes 2 days to hit 70 mph on one of these?  :o

:P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 02:50:13 PM by Conniesaki »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #896 on: March 13, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »
I know the C14 is supposed to be slower than my ZX14 .... but it takes 2 days to hit 70 mph on one of these?  :o

:P

:rotflmao: My 1978, 48 HP diesel Rabbit would take 2 days to get to 70 mph.

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #897 on: March 13, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »

The '81 Ram Power Wagon I drove never hit 70.  Gutless 318ci and 44" tires without gearing it down...
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline tomp

« Reply #898 on: March 13, 2015, 02:41:50 PM »
My ex's '88 Hyundai Sonata, wouldn't hardly get up to 70, but was still quicker than my old '84 Chevy Chevette wagon.  Had bicycle riders pass me on the road.   tp

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #899 on: March 13, 2015, 02:53:50 PM »
The '81 Ram Power Wagon I drove never hit 70.  Gutless 318ci and 44" tires without gearing it down...
Was that one of the 'always engaged' four wheel drives?