Author Topic: "Transponder missing" error  (Read 19223 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: "Transponder missing" error
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 04:39:58 AM »
That has always been a gigantic fear of mine- I would be walking up to my bike, fail to notice the person sitting on it pressing down on the key, and they would do exactly as you say once I was w/in 5 feet or so of my bike! So what I do is to stealthily sneak up to my bike, hiding behind bushes, fuel pumps and any / all other obstacles that will conceal me. Sort of like Wile E. Coyote sneaking up on the Road Runner by swiftly springing from behind rock to behind rock until the Road Runner is w/ in the last leap. If I go to, say, a gas station with large, open areas between the parking lot and the exit of the building, I put up cardboard cutouts of boulders located strategically and then dart between them until I am close enough to my bike and the Road Runner er, potential bike thief to confront him or her directly.

I think this is a highly under reported and under funded problem on a national scale and hereby propose we create a group dedicated to the preservation of empty saddles on our bikes when we are not in attendance. Perhaps the old 'the tack under a piece of paper on the saddle' trick would be a righteous beginning?

Brian

:rotflmao:

Do you have a source for those cardboard cutouts Brian? I may need to stock up.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 04:41:15 AM »
Hey, has anyone noticed that a lot of the time, the 'bad' section of town is on the south side? What's up with that? Do criminals and miscreants have some sort of attraction to the south pole? Sure it is funny and all but really, all the worst sections of the cities that I know of are in the southern area. I am not saying it is some kind of 100% rule but it does seem to be all out of reasonable proportion (the bad sections should only be in the southern portion 25% of the time, right?).

Brian

Hey now! I live on the south side of my lil 'town'.    >:(    ;)

It's warmer on the south side donchaknow?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »
Back to the transporter transponder you guys...  Don't make me bring my knights of....Knights of Ni

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
My transponder shudders at the thought of the Knights of

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 08:56:43 AM »
It should.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013, 09:44:59 AM »
Back to the transporter transponder you guys...  Don't make me bring my knights of....Knights of Ni
The Knights who say Knights of Ni are no more.
They are now the Knights who say "Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Z'nourrwringmm,.............Ni!"
Otherwise known as "The Knights who 'Til recently said Knights of Ni"
If your bike ever says "Ni" or "Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Z'nourrwringmm,.............Ni!" then you are in big trouble.
For starters John Cleese may sue you for copyright infringement.  ::)
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 10:04:15 AM »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 10:12:05 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »
What are you laughing at?  >:( ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
The Knights who say Knights of Ni are no more.
They are now the Knights who say "Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Z'nourrwringmm,.............Ni!"
Otherwise known as "The Knights who 'Til recently said Knights of Ni"
If your bike ever says "Ni" or "Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Z'nourrwringmm,.............Ni!" then you are in big trouble.
For starters John Cleese may sue you for copyright infringement.  ::)

Yeah, right.  I prefer the old ways so my knights and I will still say 'Ni'!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »