Author Topic: Bike lift, what brand is this one??  (Read 2980 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Bike lift, what brand is this one??
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:46:57 PM »
Anyone out there know what brand of bike lift this is?? I really like it! Oh ya, and sweet bike too eh...  8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150642437360+&viewitem=#v4-39

Offline Intruder

• All Weather Medium Attack!!!
Re: Bike lift, what brand is this one??
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:52:34 AM »
It looks like a Harbor Freight lift.

Jim
AECS US Navy Retired

1984 Honda VT500 Ascot

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 06:50:08 AM »
It looks like a Harbor Freight lift.

Yes, it does.  With that crappy front wheel "clamp" removed and replaced with a decent wheel chock.

Harbor Freight Lift
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 09:36:55 AM »
Cool, thanks guys. Would there be any issues of stability with a C14 on it jacked all the way up if not bolted to the floor? Is anyone out there using this same lift for a C14??

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
If you've got to buy a better wheel chock you might as well buy a better lift.
http://www.directlift.com/MotorcycleATV-Lifts-C15.aspx

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 12:29:28 PM »
Sage advice.  I don't mind buying tools from Harbor Freight that won't get a lot of use but a lift with my 'Precious' on board?  I'll stick to something a bit better, thank you very much.  Ok, for all of you using this lift for a thousand years without any issues, more power to you.  It won't be in my stable, however.  I need to buy one but I have to get rid of my Voyager XII first.  Then, I'll have to sneak it in under cover of darkness so I can tell my wife  "I don't have a clue on how it got there."
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 03:12:59 PM »
Cool, thanks guys. Would there be any issues of stability with a C14 on it jacked all the way up if not bolted to the floor? Is anyone out there using this same lift for a C14??

it works great, there are adjustable leveling feet that you screw down to offer stability, and keep it from rolling with the bike on it. it is a very stable platform, and the price fits it's niche, making a safe and usable product available for a lower intial cost. if I was servicing bikes constantly, i might justify an $800 lift, but it just ain't needed for normal work.
I have no feer of the front tire clamp either, i retrofitted one from another lift because it cleared the brake rotors better, and still allows me to firmly clamp the tire, the chock on the ebay one prevents any semblence of doing front end service, rendering it pretty useless from that standpoint. I do have eye bolts on mine to add additional side straps to the rear frame, just for added Karma.....

with the bike strapped on, and the adjusters lowered before lifting, it is a very stable lift.

in my opinion, it is more stable than the Pro lift, as it (H.F. lift)has a very robust bottom framework at the base, not a couple rollers sitting on the floor, I have worked on bikes with those in the shop, and always get freaked out about how unstable they really are, they wobble a lot, and i think are easier to tip over....jmho

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 04:25:57 PM »
Sage advice.  I don't mind buying tools from Harbor Freight that won't get a lot of use but a lift with my 'Precious' on board?  I'll stick to something a bit better, thank you very much.  Ok, for all of you using this lift for a thousand years without any issues, more power to you.  It won't be in my stable, however.  I need to buy one but I have to get rid of my Voyager XII first.  Then, I'll have to sneak it in under cover of darkness so I can tell my wife  "I don't have a clue on how it got there."
You need to park the lift under the Voyager for a while. "But sweetheart, it's been there all along."

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »
Excellent!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline blade

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 10:14:34 PM »
HF used to have another lift that you could use an air compressor or the pedal to lift it. The wheel clamp was more secure than the current one they have. I added more loops so that I have multiple anchor points for my C10 and like T-Cro said there are leveling screws to help with the floor. 

This looks like the one I have from HF

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-table-lift.htm

Without the bagger of course, right now I have a GL500I up there that I am trying to resurrect