Author Topic: Removing battery - where did this little guy come from?  (Read 3823 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Removing battery - where did this little guy come from?
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2018, 09:40:49 AM »
You coulda just bought him a beer  :chugbeer:  ;)

Oh, I forgot about that one.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 07:01:19 AM »
Does that mean I don't get the hug?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2018, 07:51:31 AM »
Does that mean I don't get the hug?

You get a hug from a beer.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »
Maybe you two to should just get a room, for whatever you finally decide on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well once again, I'm confused. Regardless of Gen I or II there are only two grommets like that on the whole bike. (according to the parts fiche )
The OP's bike is an '09 so it does have the bracket that the Gen IIs do not, but earlier he said that..
Thanks, jwh20. Unfortunately those 2 pieces are accounted for.
...so maybe a PO lost one in there and replaced it and when mexico pulled the battery he found the original one?

I think jwh should get the credit and the hug with a couple of points off for showing a link to a Gen II fiche when answering a question about a Gen I bike...
..but that's OK, I think I can speak for jwh and say you two just continue on with whatever without him.  ::)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 01:41:00 PM »
........but that's OK, I think I can speak for jwh and say you two just continue on with whatever without him.  ::)

Pro boner advice from Monsieur Marty?
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2018, 05:02:06 PM »
There are also two more at the top of each fairing, left and right. Not sure if they are the same size but they <look> the same. At least on the Gen. 1 C-14's, I cannot speak for the second generation fairings as I have not removed all that many (probably because I run whenever I see a '10 or later come into the garage that needs to have its clothes removed).

Brian

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well once again, I'm confused. Regardless of Gen I or II there are only two grommets like that on the whole bike. (according to the parts fiche )
The OP's bike is an '09 so it does have the bracket that the Gen IIs do not, but earlier he said that.. ...so maybe a PO lost one in there and replaced it and when mexico pulled the battery he found the original one?

I think jwh should get the credit and the hug with a couple of points off for showing a link to a Gen II fiche when answering a question about a Gen I bike...
..but that's OK, I think I can speak for jwh and say you two just continue on with whatever without him.  ::)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 10:51:21 AM »
I just found 3 more grommets in the air filter fiche all with different part numbers, could be one of those.

92071-1042
92071-1259
92071-2140

It seems there are a lot grommets and grommet looking things called dampers in the fiche, I think the grommets have more rounded outer edges
and the dampers have a more squared off outer edge but unless I were to look at every one on my bike I couldn't be sure about that. I just don't care that much.

There are also two more at the top of each fairing, left and right. Not sure if they are the same size but they <look> the same. At least on the Gen. 1 C-14's
I think I know the ones Brian is referring to (92160-1613) but I think those are the more squared off dampers, there are also two more (same part number) used at the rear of the bike
where the rear turn signal housing attaches to the sub frame.

(...... I run whenever I see a '10 or later come into the garage that needs to have its clothes removed).
Brian

Becoming a bit prudish in your advancing years, eh?  ;D

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
If you guys want to do some more searching I have a zip lock full of stuff from my valve adjustment I could not find a home for. :D
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 04:32:47 PM »
Nah, just never warmed up to the Gen. 2 tupperware. Nor the glovebox, the lack of the original, center glovebox or the heated grips for that matter. I also prefer the looks of a Gen. 1. But in the end, I really do not like having to futz all the rubber into / around / between the fairing and engine, transmission and frame parts on the Gen. 2. So I tend to avoid it, and that prevents me from getting better at R&R'ing it and so it is a vicious circle. Soon enough though, I expect to be forced to deal with one of those, specifically a '16 (I like the color) if I can find one at the right place and price.

My new, shiny granddaughter is coming home tomorrow (crossed fingers) and I have nothing to ride south to meet her. :-(

Brian

<snip>

Becoming a bit prudish in your advancing years, eh?  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 07:34:26 PM »
Nah, just never warmed up to the Gen. 2 tupperware. Nor the glovebox, the lack of the original, center glovebox or the heated grips for that matter.

I can understand perhaps not liking the switch from the center box to the auto-locking side box.  But what is not to like about adjustable grip heaters?

I also prefer the looks of a Gen. 1.

Not me.  I think the Gen 2 looks a LOT better.  But, of course, that is subjective.

But in the end, I really do not like having to futz all the rubber into / around / between the fairing and engine, transmission and frame parts on the Gen. 2.

Yes, the Gen 2 does have more heat control stuff under it.... some rubbery stuff and separators.  It is a bit annoying, but it does serve a really good purpose.  Add the Canyons and it is quite the task to get some of the fairings off.