Author Topic: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending  (Read 34095 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2018, 08:20:22 PM »
So, because he answered my PM and the info these links provide, I'm of the opinion that, although it maybe in vain on his part,
I don't think it's BS or... what was that wonderful word..OH yes..."codswallop". Your opinions may continue to differ.

I never had any doubt that someone is trying to make a lawsuit.  ANYONE can sue anyone for anything they want, and there are TONS of money-hungry law agencies that are constantly trying to find and whip up "class action suits."  Even on the rare occasion they go through with it, the consumers usually get almost nothing and lawyers get tons of money.  My assertion is that there is nothing TO this action because I do not believe there is any wide-spread problem in the first place.  Inotherwords, there is no substance, just someone trolling trying to find justification and gather people that have similar problems.  But the story doesn't make sense as presented and we know there is no systemic problem as described.  We know the bike too well and have gathered information from thousands of owners over many years.  Aside from MaMa Kawasaki (who of course wouldn't say anything) we would be the first to know if there were such problems.

So to me, it is very offensive to see drivel about [what is obviously an attempt at] class-action lawsuits because it implies there really is some widespread, horrible problem with the Concours, when I firmly believe there isn't.  People seeing such alarming verbiage will assume there must be some problem or something to this.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2018, 08:29:23 PM »
Yeah, remember that little scare we all had with KiPass for the last ten years or so? Pretty scary I tells's ya'.

Brian

I never had any doubt that someone is trying to make a lawsuit.  ANYONE can sue anyone for anything they want, and there are TONS of money-hungry law agencies that are constantly trying to find and whip up "class action suits."  Even on the rare occasion they go through with it, the consumers usually get almost nothing and lawyers get tons of money.  My assertion is that there is nothing TO this action because I do not believe there is any wide-spread problem in the first place.  Inotherwords, there is no substance, just someone trolling trying to find justification and gather people that have similar problems.  But the story doesn't make sense as presented and we know there is no systemic problem as described.  We know the bike too well and have gathered information from thousands of owners over many years.  Aside from MaMa Kawasaki (who of course wouldn't say anything) we would be the first to know if there were such problems.

So to me, it is very offensive to see drivel about [what is obviously an attempt at] class-action lawsuits because it implies there really is some widespread, horrible problem with the Concours, when I firmly believe there isn't.  People seeing such alarming verbiage will assume there must be some problem or something to this.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2018, 08:31:39 PM »
OK, I guess it is OK then. It is just when I hear 'cod' and 'swallow', my mind thinks up all kinds of euphemisms, visual imaging and so forth. And I have a young, impressionable kitten around here that I am trying to keep on the straight & narrow. It is not easy raising girls.....

Brian

I think you're getting confused somewhere Brian.

Codswallop is a perfectly good family friendly word and not a euphemism for anything :)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=codswallop&oq=codswallop&aqs=chrome..69i57.3870j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Cod Roe is eggs whilst Cod Sperm is used to fertilise the eggs (if they're not being eaten as a delicacy that is)

And neither Roe nor Sperm are R rated words :)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2018, 08:42:45 PM »
No real opinion about ducks here. There is some kind of big, water- bird that seems to wander over from the pond across the street and leave amazingly big piles of what Mike would probably call 'soft- serve links' or some such thing, and after watching my neighbor slip on one of them, they appear to be as slipper as owl..... well, you know. But they are not ducks. Not sure what they are- I really do not know my water- birds very well at all. Probably just as well I do not hunt them- I would probably be trying for a mallard (whatever that is, specifically) and come home with a Cessna or something.

But I can tell ducks from seagulls and I know that because this one time, a banned camp, my father- in- law (not originally from around here, speaks with an accent and sometimes uses a word that is only close, not quite right) kept saying he wanted to eat outside, 'near the ducks'. Well, I am looking all around for ducks and do not see any so I ask again and he repeats, let's eat at one of those tables near the ducks. ?? We sit at a picnic table and break out chow and I just cannot stand it and so I ask 'where are the ducks'? He looks at me like I am from some other planet and says 'you cannot see them? There must be about a million of them all over the place!'. Ah, gotcha': his 'ducks' were seagulls. He also has the amusing language quirk of doubling up on his adjectives..... for example, nothing is ever 'small', it would instead be 'small, little', I guess as opposed to the 'small, gigantic' version. :-)  Not breaking the guy's chops, his English is actually excellent and he speaks a lot more languages than I do so it's all good.

Now, back ONTOPIC: Yes, I think we should sue ducks for bad hydraulics!

Brian

:D

OK, so how do feel about ducks?  ???

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2018, 12:48:59 AM »
what sort of seagull was it ?

was it one of the flying rats aka a herring type gull or was it one of the more petite black headed type of seagull?

No real opinion about ducks here. There is some kind of big, water- bird that seems to wander over from the pond across the street and leave amazingly big piles of what Mike would probably call 'soft- serve links' or some such thing, and after watching my neighbor slip on one of them, they appear to be as slipper as owl..... well, you know. But they are not ducks. Not sure what they are- I really do not know my water- birds very well at all. Probably just as well I do not hunt them- I would probably be trying for a mallard (whatever that is, specifically) and come home with a Cessna or something.

But I can tell ducks from seagulls and I know that because this one time, a banned camp, my father- in- law (not originally from around here, speaks with an accent and sometimes uses a word that is only close, not quite right) kept saying he wanted to eat outside, 'near the ducks'. Well, I am looking all around for ducks and do not see any so I ask again and he repeats, let's eat at one of those tables near the ducks. ?? We sit at a picnic table and break out chow and I just cannot stand it and so I ask 'where are the ducks'? He looks at me like I am from some other planet and says 'you cannot see them? There must be about a million of them all over the place!'. Ah, gotcha': his 'ducks' were seagulls. He also has the amusing language quirk of doubling up on his adjectives..... for example, nothing is ever 'small', it would instead be 'small, little', I guess as opposed to the 'small, gigantic' version. :-)  Not breaking the guy's chops, his English is actually excellent and he speaks a lot more languages than I do so it's all good.

Now, back ONTOPIC: Yes, I think we should sue ducks for bad hydraulics!

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Conrad

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2018, 04:20:39 AM »

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline O.C.

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2018, 04:41:43 AM »
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2018, 05:46:59 AM »
Well its Thursday, how many on Thursdays?

One, but it was large.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2018, 01:00:31 PM »
oh and there's also a family card game called Codswallop :)

http://gingerfox.co.uk/product/codswallop/

Which looks like you could keep in your Fanny Pack (snigger snigger if you're British at that one) for use whilst out and about

I'm a bit late to the humor mill... been offline...
when I saw the word "Codswallop", I snorked coffee out my nose, as it's too close to another funny name, from a movie I adore...
name that film?

Mrs. Hogwallop done R-U-N-N-O-F-T...

http://youtu.be/tsAZ0RweVxk

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
I'm a bit late to the humor mill... been offline...
when I saw the word "Codswallop", I snorked coffee out my nose, as it's too close to another funny name, from a movie I adore...
name that film?

Mrs. Hogwallop done R-U-N-N-O-F-T...

http://youtu.be/tsAZ0RweVxk
George Clooneys best ever film IMHO :)
--

Offline tjhess74

« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »
Guys, while many of you are astute observers and noticed quickly that this guy's story doesn't add up, you are all missing what's going on here. It's not spam, it's a scam. This post will get some money-starved person to contact his 'attorney' and say he has the same issue. The 'attorney' will agree and offer to include this person in the 'lawsuit'. In order to do so, the 'attorney' must be hired. This will require the transfer of funds to cover initial 'attorney' fees.  Person will then be out of that money because there is no lawsuit and there is no 'attorney'.

This is the classic scam with a slight twist. The more current one is a 'grandson' calling a grandmother claiming to be stuck in jail and needing thousands of dollars to get out. Works far too often.

My suggestion is to delete this thread, as it has potential to be dangerous to someone unsuspecting.
'08 C14 Steve's Flash Rocks!!!

The 'other' forum evicted me!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2018, 10:27:35 AM »
Guys, while many of you are astute observers and noticed quickly that this guy's story doesn't add up, you are all missing what's going on here.

On my behalf, I would say that I didn't miss it at all...  scam or spam, it has the same effect...

My suggestion is to delete this thread, as it has potential to be dangerous to someone unsuspecting.

Something I asserted a long time ago.  Locking it isn't good enough.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2018, 10:32:57 AM »
On my behalf, I would say that I didn't miss it at all...  scam or spam, it has the same effect...

Something I asserted a long time ago.  Locking it isn't good enough.

We don't need nannyng thanks :)

Anyways this is an interesting thread ;)
--

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »
We don't need nannyng thanks :)

Sorry, riled up about it.  :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2018, 10:46:32 AM »
Well locally, we call them S---hawks. Not sure of the type, just the usual all- white seagull, about 2' to 3' wingspan. We do not have any black headed seagulls around here that I know of or have seen.

Now I have been told that one can rig a fishing line and hook with a worm, toss the worm and hook high into the sky and actually catch a seagull. Never tried it myself and it is unnecessarily cruel of course but still, it has a certain humorous value because gulls are SO VERY hated by most who live near or work on the water. Not only do they coat the entire world and everything in it with their droppings but they have this cute thing that they do to crack open shellfish by flying very high with them and dropping them onto rock clusters, then fly down and eat the innards of said shellfish. Now substitute the words "fiberglass boat" or "glass windshield" for rock cluster and it is easily seen why they are hated. And the damned things are more accurate than if they had a Norden bombsight!

Pests though they are, their eyesight and ability to react is extraordinary. Back in the olden' days, I used to quahog for money. Now freshly dug, a quahog (a hard- shelled clam local to RI and MA) is black with a very faint white or light gray line at the edge of the shells. One digs up about a gazillion rocks that look almost exactly like a quahog. Of course, all around and all over the boat are s---hawks, hoping to get fed, which they do when the quahogger throws the occasionally crab or similar back in: the gull grabs it before it is more than a food deep in the water. The gulls will also grab any quahog that is tossed into the water. But they never, ever go after the rocks. And I mean never. Smart, fast- thinking and acting birds that never, ever miss a real quahog and never, ever go after a quahog- looking rock that fools us humans every single time.

Brian

what sort of seagull was it ?

was it one of the flying rats aka a herring type gull or was it one of the more petite black headed type of seagull?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
Guys, while many of you are astute observers and noticed quickly that this guy's story doesn't add up, you are all missing what's going on here. It's not spam, it's a scam. This post will get some money-starved person to contact his 'attorney' and say he has the same issue. The 'attorney' will agree and offer to include this person in the 'lawsuit'. In order to do so, the 'attorney' must be hired. This will require the transfer of funds to cover initial 'attorney' fees.  Person will then be out of that money because there is no lawsuit and there is no 'attorney'.

This is the classic scam with a slight twist. The more current one is a 'grandson' calling a grandmother claiming to be stuck in jail and needing thousands of dollars to get out. Works far too often.

I would hope that anyone reading this would surmise that this may not be what it seems and not do something that stupid...   However, if they do then I guess there's one born every minute.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tjhess74

« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2018, 02:35:53 PM »
I agree that it should be obvious enough that it's a scam, but I'll say that it isn't unfortunately. The first couple of pages of this thread were dedicated to actually researching if this was a legit problem or not. So perhaps it's not that obvious, or the first couple of pages are our forum's suckers. Yes, suckers are born every minute, and there's a high likelihood that one or two type amongst us.  As 'entertaining' as it may be, there is an actual financial risk for someone to get sucked into this, yet we hold the power with the stroke of a button to prevent it, keep our forum clean, and show that there is no tolerance for this kind of trash.

All it takes is one newbie that doesn't quite understand how non-issue this really is, to make that contact to try to protect himself against Corporate America, only to get suckered...right here on our forum.  I've been in law enforcement long enough to know how devastating something like this can be.

Besides, you can sit and judge someone for being a sucker until you're blue in the face. Hopefully you still have that type of resolve when it happens to your elderly parent or good friend. Surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to fall for this...yet it happens every minute.
'08 C14 Steve's Flash Rocks!!!

The 'other' forum evicted me!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »

Point taken, Tom.  However, I'm leaning more on the legit side now.

I'm taking a wait and see approach which means the thread stays open and in place unless I get overruled by the Grand Poohbah or the Axe Man.  I don't like throttling discussions if I can help it.  In my younger days, probably.   Now not so much.  Still a free forum.  7 pages on supposedly nothing....hmmm.   At least it's about the C14 so it's in the right board.

Well if we can get away from V'Jim's drinking habits (as fascinating as that is) just for a minute.

I've done a little online research and I think I've found it, to both of you that are still interested ( :) ) here is a link.

https://portal.monterey.courts.ca.gov/case/MTdDVjAwNDA1NA==#info
You'll need to click on the links on that page for more info.

So, because he answered my PM and the info these links provide, I'm of the opinion that, although it maybe in vain on his part,
I don't think it's BS or... what was that wonderful word..OH yes..."codswallop". Your opinions may continue to differ.

I now return you to V'Jim's drinking...and what else?....Ducks..yes I think it was Ducks.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »
I commend your decision to Jim to not censor. Freedom of speech is one thing that makes this forum better than (some) other  forum. Agree with mikey we don't need nannying. If an owner does have a similar complaint he can join the suit. If someone seeks tp gain from the suit without a legitimate complaint he deserves what he gets if it is a scam. As for this thread damaging the rep of the C14, it does just the opposite. One skeychy negative post from a newby versus many postives from long time owners.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline KawaC14

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2018, 10:19:41 AM »
Well, if ya want more information from someone to determine their intentions, attacking them out of the gate really isn't the best way. Seems like they have pretty much shut down communication on this forum so I guess we will never know. I tried to get more information via a PM with no response. I am curious.
Being politically correct, isn't politically correct.