Author Topic: 2008 C14 left side mirror piece (Neutron Silver)  (Read 1739 times)

Offline riverbound51

• It's all about the ride.
2008 C14 left side mirror piece (Neutron Silver)
« on: May 24, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »
I am looking for the Neutron Silver plastic piece that clips on the top of the left mirror assembly.  Two of the four clips seem to have broken off of the piece and it fell off yesterday when I was backing out of the garage.  I have velcro holding it on for now, but I would like to replace it without getting it from the dealer.

If anyone has this piece available please let me know. I will buy the whole left mirror if you want to sell it that way, but it has to have the top piece.   

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:49:36 PM by riverbound51 »
2008 Concours 14
Always looking for the road less traveled
www.odysseymotorcycletouring.com

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
Re: 2008 C14 left side mirror piece (Neutron Silver)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »
I recommend JB Weld.  My right mirror got "stressed".... by the ground... NO, I don't want to talk about it- makes me ill to this day.
My point is- the structural piece of aluminum underneath the plastic mirror pieces was cracked- all the way through...yea, she hit pretty hard.  As you probably know, these items are sold only as an entire assembly.  I took it all apart, JB Welded the top and sides of the bracket one day, and then put a lot on the underside of the bracket the next day.  Put it all back together and can't tell the difference- except for the scratches on the underside of the mirror.  Although I won't be folding the mirror in anymore.  I dont' need to, and it will still fold- I just don't want to needlessly stress the bracket.  Good luck.   
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline riverbound51

• It's all about the ride.
Re: 2008 C14 left side mirror piece (Neutron Silver)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
Never worked with JB weld, but at this point I'll try anything.  The tabs that slide into the slots holding the plastic in, are gone, however if it will hold the top piece on without them, I don't really care.

Thanks.  I'll look into it!

2008 Concours 14
Always looking for the road less traveled
www.odysseymotorcycletouring.com