Author Topic: Looking to buy a Concours (C14)  (Read 2394 times)

Offline urbanstyles

Looking to buy a Concours (C14)
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:39:55 PM »
Hi there,

I'm looking to purchase a used Concours.  Ideally, I'd like an '09 or '10 but I'd consider an '08 if it was really nice.  I'd prefer ABS but that is up for discussion on the right deal.  I'm finding the dealerships are out to lunch on their values on high mileage used bikes so I thought I'd try here.  Let me know if are thinking of selling/upgrading your bike or if you've seen one around at a decent price.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:48:43 PM by T Cro ® »

Offline Bradley14

Re: Looking to buy a Concours (C14)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:44:14 PM »
You may want to advise what city/state/region you are located or willing to travel for the purchase.
Just because you're paranoid does not mean that someone is not out to get you.

Offline urbanstyles

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »
Good point.  I'm located in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I'm willing to travel anywhere within 3500 miles of home to ride a bike back.  However, any bike I buy MUST have a clear title, as importing a bike to Canada without a title in hand becomes much more complicated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:42:56 PM »
Good point.  I'm located in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I'm willing to travel anywhere within 3500 miles of home to ride a bike back.  However, any bike I buy MUST have a clear title, as importing a bike to Canada without a title in hand becomes much more complicated.

Thanks in advance.

Does it have to be private party or can you buy from a USA dealer? I have no idea what Canadian Customs is going to expect as proof of whatever they want proof of.

Offline urbanstyles

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 10:45:58 PM »
I'm open to buying to buying from a dealership, but most dealerships won't sell new bikes to Canadian residents.  Perhaps they are more slack in selling used bikes.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:30 PM »
Buying a used bike from a dealer or private is no problem. Just go to www.riv.ca and follow the rules.

Offline urbanstyles

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
I realize that, and it is very straightforward.  However, I have called several dealerships regarding new bikes, and they tell me that they are under instruction from Kawasaki USA NOT to sell to Canadian residents and any bike imported to Canada loses any and all factory warranty remaining.