Author Topic: Garmin motorcycle GPS  (Read 2182 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Garmin motorcycle GPS
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:45:13 PM »
I am looking for a used Garmin motorcycle GPS, preferably a 2820, any condition is acceptable including not working (not a baggie of parts though  ;) ). Just the GPS is fine but coupled with a motorcycle mount would be even better. A Zumo would be OK too though, again in any condition.

Just looking for a second unit to go on the bike for a cross country trip.

Thanks,
Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Stasch

Re: Garmin motorcycle GPS
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
I don't have a GPS for you, but I do have a mount for it that I used to use on my 2610.

I don't use the mount anymore since my GPS is now mounted on my tank bag, real convenient since I ride 2 bikes and switch the bag back and forth.

I believe the body styles of the 2820 and 2610 units are identical, and the mount would work.

It has a RAM ball on the back of it. 

Also have a RAM ball mount for 7/8" bars and Ram arm (4"?) with spin lock available.

Lemme know if you think any of these parts might be useful for you.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 03:46:49 PM »
Thanks. Depending on what I end up with I might be able to use some or all of that hardware.

Brian

I don't have a GPS for you, but I do have a mount for it that I used to use on my 2610.

I don't use the mount anymore since my GPS is now mounted on my tank bag, real convenient since I ride 2 bikes and switch the bag back and forth.

I believe the body styles of the 2820 and 2610 units are identical, and the mount would work.

It has a RAM ball on the back of it. 

Also have a RAM ball mount for 7/8" bars and Ram arm (4"?) with spin lock available.

Lemme know if you think any of these parts might be useful for you.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 10:24:31 AM »
 I have a marine 2610, IIRC, If you're interested - steve

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
Thanks Steve but I am after something with both bluetooth and an MP3 player, which is getting harder and harder to find in GPS's.

At the moment I am going to try a waterproof box and an older but still capable Nuvi 360 I already have. That unit does have bluetooth and GPS so as long as the water stays out of the box it should work fine.

It looks like 2820's are fairly rare. Not a single mention here or on the COG forum and not a single one on sale on either Ebay or Craig's list. Go figure.

Brian

I have a marine 2610, IIRC, If you're interested - steve