Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852997 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #760 on: March 02, 2015, 07:00:28 PM »
Bar risers, Grip Puppies, and a pair of Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

Nice add-ons Bill! How are those light bulbs? Can you see a difference in them?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #761 on: March 02, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »
They seem to be better. I'm gonna withhold judgement until I get a chance to ride where there is nominal light from street lights etc.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #762 on: March 03, 2015, 01:03:04 PM »
Rain went away, sun dried the roads, so a ride was in order.  Visited a dealer friend and checked out the new Super Duke and Duke 690.  So sweet. Also drooled over a 2015 Montesa Cota 4RT260  trials bike. (160lbs)

Lots of wind and traffic, but the back roads were a welcome sight.  Hope all that snow and mess so many are dealing with will go away soon.  Should have never happened in the first place, with Global Warming and all.....tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Diamondhead

« Reply #763 on: March 03, 2015, 02:56:02 PM »
What does the gas cap mod enable one to do? Remove the key with the cap open??

Ill start off with my list ...

* Wash and wax
* Gas cap mod
* Handlebar risers
* Throttlemeister
* Tankslapper paint protection
* Partial de-badging. Removed those huge Kawasaki letters.

I have new grips that I was wanting to install, but was severely depressed to find out that it is the actual grip itself that is heated and not an element inserted inside the bar end. I really hate the stock grips!! They are very uncomfortable without gloves on.

Tomorrow it will be a fender extender and Canyon cages, and Phil's rack
Sport-Touracologist

2010 Candy Neptune Blue
05 C10 gone but not forgotten

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #764 on: March 03, 2015, 02:58:57 PM »
No, we can already do that.

The mod. allows the fuel cap to be closed without the key being in it, which cannot be done on a stock bike.

Brian

What does the gas cap mod enable one to do? Remove the key with the cap open??
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #765 on: March 03, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »
No, we can already do that.

The mod. allows the fuel cap to be closed without the key being in it, which cannot be done on a stock bike.

Brian

YA can't just answer the question without showing how to actually perform the mod, with many pics.  tp ;D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #766 on: March 03, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »
I do not have any photos, and I never did the mod. Personally, opening the fuel cap, removing the key and then trying to close the fuel cap has never been all that much of an issue for me.... :-)

When I am in a hurry, I just put the fob key in the fuel cap and leave it there for the duration of the ride. That way I can fuel the bike without shutting it off and re- starting it.... it allows me to reset the trip meter and scribble a couple of notes while fueling.

Brian

YA can't just answer the question without showing how to actually perform the mod, with many pics.  tp ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #767 on: March 03, 2015, 04:25:49 PM »
I do not have any photos, and I never did the mod. Personally, opening the fuel cap, removing the key and then trying to close the fuel cap has never been all that much of an issue for me.... :-)

When I am in a hurry, I just put the fob key in the fuel cap and leave it there for the duration of the ride. That way I can fuel the bike without shutting it off and re- starting it.... it allows me to reset the trip meter and scribble a couple of notes while fueling.

Brian
OK, Thanks, sir.  tp

sailor_chic

« Reply #768 on: March 03, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »
Tom,  here is the link for the gas cap mod.  Thanks Fred for another one of your fantastic ideas,amd sharing it with us. http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/gascapmod

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #769 on: March 03, 2015, 05:12:21 PM »
That way I can fuel the bike without shutting it off and re- starting it....

Is that "allowed"?  I thought it was unsafe to leave an engine running while fueling (at least that is what all those stickers on the pump say).  Call me chicken...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #770 on: March 03, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »
Tom,  here is the link for the gas cap mod.  Thanks Fred for another one of your fantastic ideas,amd sharing it with us. http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/gascapmod
Thank you Ms Nicole.  Harley sells a push button to replace their cap lock mechanism for a few bucks.  Two screws and maybe two minutes installation time.  You listening KHI?  ;D ;D  Maxtog, I always turn my engine off when refueling, as I am getting a little clumsy in my dottering years and fear I will spill and burn up the bike in the Shell/Exxon/Valero parking lot.  Not cool....tp

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #771 on: March 03, 2015, 05:19:22 PM »
I turn the engine off and get off of the bike. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #772 on: March 03, 2015, 05:34:02 PM »
I turn the engine off and get off of the bike.
+1 with the off the bike thing.  Got a pants full of gas once, when the pump's auto cutoff didn't, when on a Harley (teardrop tank), and I learned my lesson...  You don't realize how fast it's coming out until it overflows on you.  tp
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:32:32 PM by tomp »

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #773 on: March 03, 2015, 08:18:09 PM »
When I grow up, I want to be just like Fred....

:-)

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #774 on: March 03, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »
No, it is not. Like speeding, it is to be avoided at all costs and would be a life- threatening thing to do. Why that would be like smoking and fueling a car (anyone old enough to remember that?)- a horrible, horrible thing that will result in certain death.

Brian

Is that "allowed"?  I thought it was unsafe to leave an engine running while fueling (at least that is what all those stickers on the pump say).  Call me chicken...

sailor_chic

« Reply #775 on: March 03, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »
No, it is not. Like speeding, it is to be avoided at all costs and would be a life- threatening thing to do. Why that would be like smoking and fueling a car (anyone old enough to remember that?)- a horrible, horrible thing that will result in certain death.

Brian

Is this similar to using power tools on the deck of a crude oil tanker?

Offline tomp

« Reply #776 on: March 03, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

Brian
Man, you sound exactly like my folks, always warning me of this and that danger, never realizing that I had become a man, with my own sense of self preservation, NOT!!!  (An old skool response), as I love ringing the snot out of the C14 way more often than they would have  ever  believed.  They never wanted me to EVER be on two wheels.  What a disappointment I must have been, 60 motorcycles and a hand full of bicycles later...  Oh well, a great Wednesday to all.   tomp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #777 on: March 03, 2015, 08:42:18 PM »

Brian

If i had 10% of the gas I pumped with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth when I was a kid, more than a few of us would never buy fuel again.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #778 on: March 03, 2015, 11:12:26 PM »

I need to add it to my bucket list!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #779 on: March 04, 2015, 04:05:22 AM »
I need to add it to my bucket list!
:rotflmao: The last entry?