Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303284 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1360 on: January 24, 2020, 03:10:38 PM »
After 6 months since I shut off Netflix, I turned it back on Dec 1 and then binge-watched:

Orange is The New Black 7  (OK, but worst of all seasons, kinda glad it is done now)
American Horror Story 8 (Good)
Lost in Space 2 (Good)
The Witcher 1  (Good except the "PC" queen character)
Jessica Jones 3  (Good)
Dark crystal 1  (OK)
The Last Kingdom 3  (Great!  Better than 1 and 2)
Messiah 1 (Also great!)

Will probably shut it off again Mar 1 or so (since I have several others to catch up on).

I watch entirely too much TV.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1361 on: January 25, 2020, 04:56:37 AM »
We still watch it, we still really enjoy it.
Looking forward to it returning.

Did you watch season 4? If so, how, streaming? Did you pay 'extra' for it?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1362 on: January 25, 2020, 06:16:41 AM »
Women's Figure Skating Championship
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 86 4door

• Arena
« Reply #1363 on: January 25, 2020, 12:29:19 PM »
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before I didn’t read all the pages, But Yellowstone is a good series to watch, and the new TV show deputy is Pretty good for TV anyway

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1364 on: January 25, 2020, 12:33:26 PM »
We've started watching Deputy as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1365 on: February 17, 2020, 04:06:50 PM »
Finished watching the Mandalorian and then canceled my Disney subscription.  I really like it but the lighting on the show is abysmal.  Not sure if I'm going to reup it or not.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1366 on: February 26, 2020, 07:55:21 PM »
awesome..... now i know where the makeup for the battle scene, in Braveheart, came from...

https://youtu.be/2eBPWwxOKwQ
http://youtu.be/2eBPWwxOKwQ

OMG... amazing stuff there... "book him on the 601 violation"..  :loco: :loco: :salute:

then, they go outside and smoke cigs... can't do that on TV anymore either... I simply love this old stuff..

watch this complete, it's amazing... and this was watched every week (as a kid, I watched it...) and permeated very adult mind with ridiculous non laws...   hell, poor ol' Y'ulle Gibbons at tree bark, tasted like wild Hickory nuts i recall...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hail: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

I challenge you to count the quantity of violations, Friday, and his pal, committed, in the "justice brigade" that was shown.   amazing..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1367 on: March 02, 2020, 03:54:08 PM »
Paid to watch 2 movies last night.. shoulda spent half that money on dinner..

Terminator.......Dark Fate....  thumbs down... lotta b/s in it that actually made it suck...major time line structure fails... I don't think we will hear "I'll be back" again...

Zombieland 2...Double Tap..... winner winner, chicken dinner... just as funny as the  first one... especially the end credits with Bill Murrey and Al Roker going Zombie...

watched it twice, just to get my $6 outta it.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1368 on: March 13, 2020, 02:02:08 PM »
One of my all- time favorites, as well as a film generally regarded to be among the best ever produced- 'The best years of our lives'.

Interesting film because while it was made in 1946 and dealt with the period immediately after the end of WWII (and that being the very plot of the film), it does not seem 'dated' in any way, at least to me. Surely it is not set in our time and was made long before I was even born but I believe it reflects an all- too- common human experience of having gone through a time of great upheaval that is really universal; it would apply to the ancient Greeks as well as those returning from Operation Desert Storm only a few years ago.

An outstanding movie in every way, at least IMO, I really do think it still resonates well with the general American persona.

And now for the trivia part: it features, as one of the main characters, the only actor to ever win two Academy Awards for the same person in the same film. Interestingly, the gentleman was not even an actor, professionally or even as an amateur, and after this film fell back into a very non- famous life. The character is Homer Parrish, and the actors' name was Harold Russell. Quite a person to get to know in 'real life' as well- again, part of the genius of this film is how well this "amateur" represents so very well the cost of war, long after that war is over.

Well worth the investment of a few hours of any one's life IMO.

On a more 'normal' note, watching Homeland in its last season. It is OK, which is pretty good considering it has absolutely nothing left of the original plot and <most> of the original stars.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1369 on: March 27, 2020, 07:40:45 AM »
For something completely different and HIGHLY entertaining.

Tiger King on Netflix.

You won't believe this show! It's like a Jerry Springer show on steroids! You have to watch the whole thing. This guy (Joe Exotic) actually campaigned for POTUS in 2015/2016.

A must see.

Plus, it's not often these days you get to see such a sweet sweet mullet.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:17:57 AM by Conrad »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1370 on: March 27, 2020, 07:43:11 AM »
We binged West World.

Damn! That's a very good show!!!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1371 on: March 27, 2020, 03:04:56 PM »
We are watching season 3 now.

I absolutely loved the first season- the show was fine but the application of special effects and the way the show was delivered was outstanding IMO. Second season got a little off- track, and season 3 is downright confusing, at least to me.

It is also impressive to me how much better this series is than the '70's movie it is based on though to be fair, they did not have the ability regarding CGI back in those days.

Also watching the final season of Homeland; not too bad, especially considering the entire plot and cast of the series changed after the first couple of seasons- it is like watching a totally different series, not as good as it was but not bad either.

Another one that I think was great was 'You', especially the first season. Second season was also good with an outstanding twist near the end. Waiting for the third season which I think is coming next year.

Brian

We binged West World.

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1372 on: March 27, 2020, 03:27:20 PM »
We binged West World.

Agreed.  *LOVED* season 1.  2 was not as good.  3 is releasing now and I saw the first episode and it is confusing as hell.

Right now, rewatching all of Deep Space Nine.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1373 on: April 06, 2020, 09:22:36 AM »
We watched Toy Story 4 yesterday. VERY entertaining and extremely funny! My fav of the 4 movies.  :thumbs:

Also watched Onward, another animated movie. I didn't think that I'd like it at first but then I did, a lot. Another very funny movie!  :thumbs:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1374 on: April 06, 2020, 09:39:07 AM »
we had some "freee view" on the sat this week.. got to do a Tarantio triple play....
Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown, and Once upon a time in Hollywood...

loved all 3 so much, I watched them 3 times each..  I called it the "Quarentino Trilogy"... get it..

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #1375 on: April 06, 2020, 11:43:58 AM »
Not live sporting events... :(

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1376 on: April 06, 2020, 03:24:34 PM »
Agreed.  *LOVED* season 1 [WestWorld].  2 was not as good.  3 is releasing now and I saw the first episode and it is confusing as hell.

Well, to add to my confusion, I saw the TiVo trying to record episode 4 and then it aborted.  Then I realized- I DON'T HAVE HBO ANYMORE.  *DUH*.  I forgot I dropped it when I renewed my cable company "contract" so I wouldn't have to pay 33% more (which they do every year).  So that is why I saw only one episode- I think it grabbed just the first episode because I had programmed a season pass, then it got shut off right after.

Oh well.  If the rest of the episodes were as confusing and strange as the first one, maybe I am not missing anything worth watching.

Right now, rewatching all of Deep Space Nine.

Wow- I watch *WAY* too much TV.  I finished DSN yesterday.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1377 on: April 07, 2020, 07:34:34 AM »
On Thursday night gonna be watching the new Red Dwarf feature length special "The Promised Land"  :chugbeer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-YaZxZTl-E
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1378 on: April 07, 2020, 08:17:09 AM »
Hunters on Amazon was a good first season. Had a few slow parts, but overall was entertaining. Based loosely on real events!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1379 on: April 08, 2020, 10:58:09 AM »
On Thursday night gonna be watching the new Red Dwarf feature length special "The Promised Land"  :chugbeer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-YaZxZTl-E

Thank you for that.  I love Red Dwarf!  I wonder who's streaming the past episodes?  Yippe!  It's on Britbox and I get that through Amazon.  My wife is going to hate me, however.