Author Topic: HD pirates  (Read 5290 times)

Offline Conrad

HD pirates
« on: July 13, 2019, 08:13:35 AM »
My wife were out for a ride on the C14 yesterday. As we approached a local bar/biker hangout I saw a line of pirates who just came out of the bar. They were mounting up and getting ready to head out. Half of them were ready to go and the stupid bastards pull out in front of me with one of the jackasses pulling a wheelie with his woman on the back, RIGHT in front of us! My wife is swearing up a storm over the intercom, I was too.

So we have 8 slow moving (45 in a 55 zone) HDs in front of us and I see in the rear view that the rest of the group is on the road. I'm hanging back from the slow moving group in front, waiting to see what's going to happen. The group behind us decide that they need to be one with the rest of their group so they come roaring around me and then crowd in front of me at the back of their group. I had to hit the brakes hard to make room for them. Assholes!

My wife is PISSED big time and she does NOT like me riding fast with her on the back so I was riding very sedately. She says nail it and pass these morons. She didn't have to ask me twice. I dropped down two gears and let those pirates hear the scream of my Area P. We went around them like they were standing still.

I love my bike.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: HD pirates
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:23:02 AM »
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 06:15:22 AM »
LOL...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 07:16:06 AM »
Totally thinking about an eye patch and a parrot.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 07:19:43 AM »
Totally thinking about an eye patch and a parrot.

Is the patch for you or the bird?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 08:36:00 AM »
Hmmmm good question.  Probably both.

Oh, I forgot.....Arrrgh!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:09:20 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 12:40:44 PM »

just have to laugh, watch the "drunk and High on drugs happy funtime hour" movie, by the Trailer Park Boys... it's on Netflix....

Hilarious, but also outrageous.. and foul....

there was a scene in the film, where the Pirates with eye patches, had parrots on their shoulders, that were wearing bandana's and eye patches....

I'd post a link to the youtube segments of the pirates, but it is so foul I would be chastised for it, even tho it is sooooo funny....

the complete film, in segments, is pure genious in it's compilation, as the 3 main characters play at least a half dozen different people each in the film..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drunk_and_On_Drugs_Happy_Funtime_Hour

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 05:51:24 AM »
Hmmmm good question.  Probably both.

Oh, I forgot.....Arrrgh!

Arrrgh? Proper pirates don't say arrrgh, they say arrrrr.  Get with it VJ!

Offline actwin

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 03:32:42 PM »
Those guys get pretty stupid when their in groups. Riding alone is another story. Most of em can't go thru a curve to save their life, I love getting right up on em in a curve and blasting past on the way out. I know I'm immature but its still fun.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 05:00:19 PM »
Stupid doesn't apply to just them.  There's plenty stupid to go around for everyone. 

Those bikes don't have the ground clearance to take curves like a C14 does.  I know my Indian doesn't.  Plus, they are riding what they feel comfortable with and aren't in any hurry and enjoying the ride.  If someone comes up on me going fast I'll just move over to the right and wave them through if the way is clear.  Course if they want to be stupid and try to pass in an unsafe manner then that's up to them.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 07:46:26 PM »
Those double yellow lines are just suggestions aren't they?  ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2020, 05:13:23 AM »
To some, yes.

Offline actwin

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 11:52:43 AM »
I have a Victory Judge which is about as low as you can get but I still make it thru a corner smoothly but not as fast as a C14. I ride at about 70 on most back roads and have passed many "bikers",on it.