Author Topic: Non-COG 2013 non-National Rally‏, (August 24)‏  (Read 3783 times)

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
Non-COG 2013 non-National Rally‏, (August 24)‏
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »
If you have already registered for the 2013 National Rally, good for you!  Enjoy your time there.

For those not yet registered, I’m taking this opportunity to invite you to a non-COG non-National event.  I am a COG member who cannot make it out to Idaho Falls this year for the 2013 National Rally.  However, I can make it to Tomah, WI, for a day of fun on the popular Alphabet Roads of Wisconsin.

There are lots of ride routes to follow. Many of them were fun when I first used them during the 2010 National Rally and they are still good routes to consider.  You cannot go wrong when you have the entire Alphabet to pick from!

Come on out to Sparta, Wisconsin and join us in some good old-fashioned fun. The roads are good, and the friendships are just as good, if not better.

Now for some details about the event from the non-Rally Staff:

Registration
None.  Just show up to Culver’s at Noon to eat and Gas up.  Rally picture at 1pm.  Kickstands up to Ride out on routes at 115pm

Rally Central
This will be at the Culvers, 147 Wittig Road, Tomah, WI 54660. If you wish to spend your nights in the great outdoors, then you might want to try the campgrounds at: Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, 1500 Jellystone Park Dr. , Warrens, WI 54666, Phone: (888) 386-9644,

Sponsorship
None.

Food and Dancing
Order off the Menu.  Dancing on the tables not encouraged unless you are ATGATT.

Women's Breakfast
None!

Other things to do besides Ride
Rally photo to be taken at 1pm of all Attending.

Routes and Rides
Here is a reminder list of the great routes that were cataloged for the 2010 Rally

Wildcat Mountain Loop – 110 miles
    Mindor Gap Loop – 200 miles
    Kickapoo Ocooch Loop – 230 miles
    The River Run - 230 miles
    Northwest Loop – 350 miles
    Tourist Town Tryst - 220 miles
    Hat Trick Run - 185 miles
    The Short Ride - 75 miles

You can find the route maps on the COG website under the National Rally menu.

I plan to load up ‘The Short Ride’ on my iPhone and follow it at a moderate pace.  You are encouraged to ride your own ride at your own pace.

Rally Shirts & Sweats
Bring your own.  In fact, in you wear a past COG Rally shirt, I will make a donation to the Blood Center of Wisconsin in your name.

Ride Safe!

Matt and the entire 2013 non-National Rally Team.

(apologies to the 2013 Rally team for rampant plagiarism of their message)
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline ARS

Re: Non-COG 2013 non-National Rally‏, (August 24)‏
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 07:50:58 PM »
Dang it! I have a thang on the 24th. . . a charity ride.  Post up if you decide to change the date.

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »
August 24th.... I have to work, and if I didn't that is the wife's birthday.  It's a no for me.
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline ManWorkinghere

Re: Non-COG 2013 non-National Rally‏, (August 24)‏ - Orange Creamsicle
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 05:44:15 AM »
Just a remainder of the gathering in Tomah on Saturday.

Here's some incentive:

Saturday, August 24 @ Culver's of Tomah, WI
Map and Directions

Flavor of the Day: Orange Creamsicle

Special Event: CARAMEL CASHEW

There will be Door Prizes for :

- Riders from Shortest and Longest Distance

- Best looking Rider in ATGATT

- Cleanest Bike and Non-cleanest Bike (C-10 and C-14 separately)

Lots of good riding and great weather in store for the weekend.  But don't just take my word for it, come on out and see for yourself!

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »
Thanks, but that's still too far for me.
(Basicilly I just don't have the time to ride out and back.)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:23:10 AM »
I rode through Tomah yesterday afternoon, it's still there. Have fun down there.

SteveJ, on TDY in MN for the VBR III
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline ManWorkinghere

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
Good times!  Great weather!  Curvy roads!

What can I say?  It was a great day for riding on the Alphabet roads of Wisconsin.  High clouds, warm weather, not too hot.

Dave McC and I met up in Delafield and rode over to the Merrimac Ferry via Lodi.  After Lodi, we almost became part of the Juneau County parade.  Detoured around to meet up everyone at the Culvers in Tomah.

Cary and his nephew, Billy, stopped in on their way up to the UP.  Cary rode over from Green Bay with him on his first long distance motorcycle ride.  Billy held up well.

Dave came up from the Rockford area yesterday.  He stayed overnight in a good place he named and I forgot.  Quiet and clean he said.

Angelo came up from Illinois also.  As a school principal he had gotten a call from his school on the way so he was looking forward to riding the area.

Scott came the farthest.  He came up from the Quad Cities in Iowa and won the Farthest Rider prize (220 some miles).

John came from over from Ripon by himself.  He won the prize for closest rider at 93 miles.

Nobody chose to ride a C-14 to the gathering.  So the cleanest and dirtiest Cycle awards were handed out to C-10 owners. and even Billy on his Honda and Dave McC on his Triumph won door prizes.

Best looking rider, Dave, won grooming supplies to keep up his handsome visage.

After consuming food and beverages, we gassed up near the Cranberry Lodge, site of the COG 2010 Nationals.  In its shadow, we posed for pictures.

I have posted the Panorama picture of his all for your viewing pleasure.  All handsome dudes!

Dave led us around The Short Ride route out of Tomah, and down to Ontario, WI.  There, the group split up where Dave took people down to the Mississippi.  John and I rode the back half of the route to Tomah. 

John and I then rode back down to Mauston where we paused and rode our separate routes back toward home.

My route back via Hwy 16 and Hwy 12 and Hwy 18 eventually brought me back to Greenfield.  My wife says my eyes look tired after such a long day but my Smile has never been bigger.  ;D