Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853547 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1160 on: April 26, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »
One leg of the trip was 210 miles, nonstop, 2 hours 40 minutes.

That's an average of 78.75 MPH.  Out there, was that within legal posted limits?  So much in Texas is posted at 75 MPH now, we can stay under around 83 and be left alone.   Man, I hope 55 never returns, that was misery.....tp

Rode to work, cloudy.  Stormed like crazy while I was working.  Bike got a washing.  Wiped it off and rode home in the cool of the post rain night. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1161 on: April 26, 2015, 08:40:00 PM »
The posted limit was 65 for about half of that and 70 for the other half. All but 17 miles was in California. Big trucks are limited to 55 and there is a 26 mile stretch that is virtually all up hill between Indio and Chirriaco Summit. That can really mess with average speed.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #1162 on: April 26, 2015, 08:46:19 PM »
The posted limit was 65 for about half of that and 70 for the other half. All but 17 miles was in California. Big trucks are limited to 55 and there is a 26 mile stretch that is virtually all up hill between Indio and Chirriaco Summit. That can really mess with average speed.
Knowing that, YOU DONE GOOD, SIR...  Radar detector, or just careful in certain areas?  tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1163 on: April 26, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »
I just ride.  The part that I was pleased with is going 210 miles without stopping. I've never had a bike with that kind of range before. At least not at those speeds. Maybe my K12 LT but I was riding with guys with shorter range. If I get the ergonomics sorted out, I'll be able to cover some serious ground.  ;D
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tomp

« Reply #1164 on: April 26, 2015, 09:40:44 PM »
I get that.  At my age, I can do the 200 mile jaunts, but prefer to stop around every hundred just to top off and clear the bladder.  To me, the stock seat is the most limiting factor to longer jaunts, but the cost of replacement is currently out of my budget.  VStream shield and 2" risers made a big ergo difference for me.  If the pegs were down an inch, that would make things better too.  tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1165 on: April 26, 2015, 09:56:01 PM »
Vstream is next. The screen I have now is smaller than stock.  Helibars as soon as I can afford them. Mercifully, the bike came with a Sargent seat.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1166 on: April 27, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
Amazon contacted me today and stated that there bottom line numbers weren't as positive as usual, and they said it was due to my lack of purchases there within the past 4 weeks.
So being a good citizen,  and concerned for the well being of a behemoth Corp., I decided that I did need a new tank bag and hydration bladder. Out came the worn out debit card, and transaction was complete. So I have performed my duties as an addicted Amazon customer to keep them afloat. Plus I got a cool new tankbag.  Now I just need to get home before the UPS delivers. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JLCK50/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1430150574&sr=1&keywords=motocentric+tank+bag
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:44:01 AM by sailor_chic »

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1167 on: April 27, 2015, 10:18:26 AM »
Nice! I have a Nelson Rigg tank bag with a 64 oz hydration bag. I hated the small deal you have to bite to get the water out of. I ended up taking that nozzle off and putting a pinch clamp on the tube. I like it much better that way.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1168 on: April 27, 2015, 10:27:49 AM »
Amazon contacted me today and stated that there bottom line numbers weren't as positive as usual, and they said is was due to my lack of purchases there within the past 4 weeks.
So being a good citizen,  and concerned for the well being of a behemoth Corp., I decided that I did need a new tank bag and hydration bladder. Out came the worn out debit card, and transaction was complete. So I have performed my duties as an addicted Amazon customer to keep them afloat. Plus I got a cool new tankbag.  Now I just need to get home before the UPS delivers. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003JLCK50/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1430150574&sr=1&keywords=motocentric+tank+bag

Glad to see you here, Nicole.  Been a while, and I thought you were possibly off shore again.  Enjoy the tank bag.  I have three different brands and sizes, and hardly ever use any of them.  Have a great week. Only 40% chance of rain today, so I guess I will still use the bike to commute.   tp

Offline Frank ZZR

« Reply #1169 on: April 28, 2015, 06:03:09 AM »
Yesterday at 25,000km I changed the air filter and brake fluids for the first time. Neither was as dirty as I thought they would be. The air filter could certainly have gone longer. All was pretty straight forward, only broke one plastic clip. I have not attempted the clutch fluid yet because of some of the difficulties that have been posted. For this year that makes it new tires, oil (Rotella T6),  air filter and brake fluids. All ready to go for another season  :)   
2010 C 14 ABS
2008 ZX 250
2007 Vulcan 900 Custom
2002 ZZR 1200

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1170 on: April 28, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »
Pulled the forks. I know an AMA SuperBike racer that has a shop across town and he said he'd hook me up with going through the forks and setting things up for me. I'll drop them tomorrow and pick them up Friday.They were decidedly easier to pull than the ones on my previous bike.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1171 on: April 30, 2015, 04:55:11 AM »
After discovering that my left low beam headlight was burned out, I ordered a new pair from Amazon.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QJWUPC6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I installed the new headlamps above yesterday. These are the 'latest greatest' improvement from Philips. They claim to be 130% brighter than a standard H4 bulb. I don't know about that but they are VERY bright and VERY white. Now I'm really going to have to do something about my city lights since they look very yellow in comparison. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #1172 on: April 30, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »
Amazon contacted me today and stated that there bottom line numbers weren't as positive as usual, and they said it was due to my lack of purchases there within the past 4 weeks.

SC
I have the same bag and love it. Good choice. :finger_fing11:
rick
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline tomp

« Reply #1173 on: April 30, 2015, 09:57:58 PM »
Riding every day this weekend, To and from work Friday and Sunday, and a longer ride on Saturday.  Been into this album tonight, and hope others will appreciate the musicianship offered.  A great traveling album, for sure.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnRMpIRVTUc  Get into your go-kart and go.....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:26:52 PM by tomp »

elp_jc

« Reply #1174 on: May 01, 2015, 01:36:07 PM »
Finished the last chemo of the first round, and feeling much better now. But still anemic and with very weak immune system. Should be able to ride on a trip in about 3 weeks, so looking forward to that 8). Therefore, getting the bike ready. Finally worked on both the grille and fender extender projects, and below are the results. Both products are from ProjektD, by the way. Had the grille especially made without the mesh insert and without the laser holes (same price) to install my own fiberglass screening, but took months to get. The fender extender was the longest with OEM look (Pyramid 'fenda extenda' is a bit shorter, and the forum one has a rough finish I don't like :P), so bought that one. Sanded both surfaces with 220-grit sand paper; the fender until paint was removed, for a better bond plastic against plastic. Seems rock-solid. Finally, didn't install the foam strips grille came with, in order to leave a gap between radiator and grille, and help with the cooling. Didn't like the entire frame blocks the radiator all around (about 50 sq. in. in my estimation), but that was the only way to fit a grille. The way I'm installing it, shouldn't be a factor. It's going to look great. Can attach pics after installation if wanted. Have a great afternoon and weekend ahead folks.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1175 on: May 01, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »
Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you intend those items to stay in place for a LONG time.

FWIW, great looking granite counter top.  Yeah, I sell them, too, all things kitchen and bath. tomp

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1176 on: May 02, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
Rode to South Hill, VA and back.  Did some work at my mother-in-law's house and visited my brother.  I picked up an old family album and am going to scan everything in.

I forgot to add...  I love this bike.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:06:15 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1177 on: May 02, 2015, 06:00:51 PM »
Sounds like a worth while ride, Jim.   Photo memories are so special. 

Rode my Dyna at lunchtime without the windshield.  It seems like a new bike to me, as I have always ridden with the windshield installed, but the bugs were everywhere, especially all over my jacket and helmet.  Worked in the yard, cleaned up, and took the Connie out for an early evening ride.  Such a different experience on it than the Dyna. 

Here's a perfect example of that.  Please watch, with headphones preferably, for a wonderful riding experience (all the way to 60MPH).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewPZIlsug8

Motorcycles  are fun to ride and enjoy, regardless of the brand or model.  Get to ride to work tomorrow.  Hope others get to ride a little bit more than just to work and home.  tomp

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #1178 on: May 03, 2015, 02:16:01 AM »
Here's a perfect example of that.  Please watch, with headphones preferably, for a wonderful riding experience (all the way to 60MPH).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewPZIlsug8

Motorcycles  are fun to ride and enjoy, regardless of the brand or model.  Get to ride to work tomorrow.  Hope others get to ride a little bit more than just to work and home.  tomp

wow, just wow to that video. On a fun note, that bike's development occurred only 35 years before. Nowadays HD have been developed 110 years ago.
But I'm with you: all bikes are enjoyable. My 1987 Supermagna is seeing some miles lately and I'm smiling too. Not more, just different smiles. Less performance (it moves at a tectonic pace compared to the C14), but more landscape.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #1179 on: May 03, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »
700 miles noodling around FL for http://tourofhonor.com/ sites.  8)
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928