Author Topic: They should make this a law....  (Read 14090 times)

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
Re: They should make this a law....
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »
It should be a law: Major League Baseball can't start till May 1st and must be completed September 1st, I don't care if they play triple headers everyday.

Also, Boxing should be winner take all, loser get cash only for approved expenses!!!

Driving under the speed limit in the left lane should be punishable by STUN GUN.

Any professional athlete that complains about salary and is making over $100,000 is kicked in the nuts and chained to a stamping press to perform hand transfers for the period of one month.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »
It should be a law that the president is elected BY THE PEOPLE....not the electorial vote...

Then the welfare cities would elect all future Presidents!

BTW-there is a process for getting that changed. Conservatives call it the Amendment process. Liberals call it the Supreme Court.

All laws must meet Constitutional muster...as the Constitution was WRITTEN, not interpreted.
That would eliminate most laws!
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
The 'World Series' must be renamed until Malaysia and Uganda's baseball teams meet for the title.  Call it the 'USA Series' until Toronto and Montreal get real teams.

Basketball playoffs are held in one game playoffs.  None of this best of 7 crap.

Hockey playoffs end when Snow melts in Quebec, not until July in Anaheim.
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 12:01:14 PM »
It should be made law that all drivers be issued dart guns with "idiot" darts that you could tag a car doing stupid things, and there should be dedicated police driving around and ticketing those who have more than 3 "idiot" darts on their cars thereby freeing up the police to not worry about the rest of us good drivers.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Leo

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
Silvera and Cholla, you are on the right path, but breathing should not be the only qualification for voting.   If an able bodied person is not productive enough to support themselves and pay taxes, they do not have any vested interest in the system.

No vested interest=no vote! 

I am tired of 3rd and 4th generation wards of the state destroying what I have worked for and then having the attitude that they should have the right to dictate how I need to run my life.

"Never understimate the power of stupid people in massive numbers." 
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline Stasch

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 12:30:27 PM »
So Illinois is admitting that talking on a cell while driving is distracting. I guess it's ok to drive distracted outside of a work zone eh?

Its like 'drug free zones' near schools, or 'hate crimes'.

I get what they're trying to do, but the inferences when the logic is carried to its conclusion are silly.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 01:00:39 PM »
It should be a law that I can kick stupid deckhands in the ass for leaving their unwanted $hit out on the galley table. I'm so sick of having to throw empty boxes of TRIX cereal boxes and soda cans away for these snot nosed kids who are too lazy/stupid to pick up after themselves. Your Momma does not work here son!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Excavator

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 01:40:03 PM »
Silvera and Cholla, you are on the right path, but breathing should not be the only qualification for voting.   If an able bodied person is not productive enough to support themselves and pay taxes, they do not have any vested interest in the system.

No vested interest=no vote! 

I am tired of 3rd and 4th generation wards of the state destroying what I have worked for and then having the attitude that they should have the right to dictate how I need to run my life.

"Never understimate the power of stupid people in massive numbers."

:thumbs: :thumbs:

It should be against the law to vote if an able body person takes welfare.

Outlaw the Toyota Prius, they always drive 52 MPH in the left lane.

Offline yoman

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 01:42:56 PM »
It should be a law that I can kick stupid deckhands in the ass for leaving their unwanted $hit out on the galley table. I'm so sick of having to throw empty boxes of TRIX cereal boxes and soda cans away for these snot nosed kids who are too lazy/stupid to pick up after themselves. Your Momma does not work here son!

Sounds like the firehouse.

It should be a law:  If you leave 1 pickle slice and 1/2 gallon of juice in a 1 gallon jar setting in the refrigerator, the  contents of said jar shall be liberated in the violators bunk.

http://www.youtube.com/user/salvoparenti1#p/u/3/JSAP4WpwMdo
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »
:thumbs: :thumbs:

It should be against the law to vote if an able body person takes welfare.

Outlaw the Toyota Prius, they always drive 52 MPH in the left lane.

Not the ones in NoVA...... >:(   Nor the one I drive..  Priuses, that is...  I'll have you know I've had mine to 55 at least three times in the last 5 1/2 years.......in the right lane.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Excavator

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 02:10:46 PM »
Not the ones in NoVA...... >:(   Nor the one I drive..  Priuses, that is...  I'll have you know I've had mine to 55 at least three times in the last 5 1/2 years.......in the right lane.

I guess a right lane Prius is ok but for some reason they all try to drive in the left lane around here. Grrrr

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 02:24:55 PM »
There should be a law declaring RC Cola officially better than Coke and Pepsi.

No law necessary, it simply is better.  8)

Back in the day ('80s), I felt that they should do a commercial where Coca Cola and Pepsi peeps fight each other on a medieval battlefield to a standstill,with casualties laying all around, and at the end of the battle a glorious fair maiden on a unicorn rides through the battlefield, drinking an RC...

Around here, though, just finding RC is the hard part!  NOBODY stocks it, except occasionally WalMart...

It should be a law that prisons be made from the plastic packaging in which the last USB drive I purchased was entombed.

No one would ever escape.

Fortunately the fire department is down the street and had adequate resources to free the device.

I unaffectionately refer to that as buyer proof packaging...
 >:(
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline zgirl

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2011, 03:02:02 PM »

I unaffectionately refer to that as buyer proof packaging...
 >:(

Before attempting to remove items from said packaging I assemble the following items:

Scissors, utility knife, needle nose pliers, telephone pre-dialed to 911 (ready to hit send), and bandages.   :D
There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither of them works.
'03 Kawi ZG1000
'09 Suzuki DL650
COG #5995, AMA #724312, CDA #0117, BMW MOA 121177

Offline Maille Man

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2011, 11:23:03 PM »
There should be a law where the posted speed limit in a school zone is 55 MPH.  20 mph seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles.

There should be a law making learning cursive illegal.

There shoould be a law banning thermometers, speedometers, or odometers.
This is America damn it! Thermofeet, speedofeet, and odofeet for me, thank you very much!

YoDoc

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
<snip>

There shoould be a law banning thermometers, speedometers, or odometers.
This is America damn it! Thermofeet, speedofeet, and odofeet for me, thank you very much!

Speeding tickets would be awesome!

Officer: I've got you on my Nikes doing 50 in a 35.
Me: I'm wearing Shift.
Officer: I'm unfamiliar with that brand, I'm gonna have to let you go.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:48 PM »
there should be a law that states star trek > star wars.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

YoDoc

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 11:46:37 PM »

I used to like you... ;)

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 12:16:39 AM »

I used to like you... ;)

Not to worry.  Babylon 5 (or babble on five for the critics) kicks both of their asses!
 ;D
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 12:20:04 AM »
babylon 5? what the heck is that? :)

great...loose another friend! :(
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 04:17:33 AM »
Not to worry.  Babylon 5 (or babble on five for the critics) kicks both of their asses!
 ;D

+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.