Author Topic: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!  (Read 103547 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
Are these only tip over guards?  Would they do much at say 30 mph?

Their primary purpose is tip-over.  Combined with rear bars, however, they probably will offer significant protection at speed, also.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 04:02:35 PM »
But nobody would guarantee that, nor is anyone going to put the money into R&D to see what would happen in a 30 mph slide with the bars.

Unfortunately, we'll find out SOMETIME how they do with some speed.  But that will be an anecdotal example, and your experience could easily vary.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Son of Pappy

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »
Ryan, PM sent, I'd only like the front.

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »
Are these only tip over guards?  Would they do much at say 30 mph?

Unfortunately situations can vary greatly at that speed (high side, low side, t-bone, etc.). However, with that said, I'm confident these bars would hold up in some situations and probably be demolished in others so it really just depends. As others have said they weren't designed for that nor can we guarantee they'd hold up at that speed.

Their primary purpose is tip-over.  Combined with rear bars, however, they probably will offer significant protection at speed, also.

This!

But nobody would guarantee that, nor is anyone going to put the money into R&D to see what would happen in a 30 mph slide with the bars.

Unfortunately, we'll find out SOMETIME how they do with some speed.  But that will be an anecdotal example, and your experience could easily vary.

Precisely. Besides, situations can vary greatly at that speed which will drastically change the amount of damage inflicted on the bike/crash bars. Did the rider low-side around a slick turn at 30mph? Did they violently high-side into a rock wall at 30mph? Did they go over a railroad track at 30mph, get their tire stuck, and get tossed off the bike? Every situation will likely yield a different result which presents a real issue to the people testing these bars at speed. Unfortunately all we can do is manufacture a strong, quality product and test it for basic tip-overs and hope it holds up in a few other situations as well. I know our bathroom bars have been put through a helluva lot over their tenure as law enforcement bars and we took what we learned from designing those bars and incorporated as much as we could into these Canyon Cages. I believe we have come up with a really solid product but we won't know for sure how well they hold up until people start "testing" them in situations other than basic tip-overs.

Ryan, PM sent, I'd only like the front.

Thanks, Chet! I replied to your inquiry asking if you'd like the front and rears or just the front so you can just disregard that message.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 09:53:56 AM »
Have we crossed over to 30 yet? Or at least 20?  ;D
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 10:01:41 AM »
Have we crossed over to 30 yet? Or at least 20?  ;D

Currently there have been 19 orders submitted. Not too bad for only being open for a few days! Hopefully we'll hit the amount we need for the maximum discount, though! If you'd like to check on the total later on, you can always check my first post on the first page of this thread. As orders come in, I update the "current orders" section on my initial post.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2012, 10:26:41 AM »
I am VAGTR on the "other site".  I chose to take the high road for the benefit of the members here. Hopefully we will get a couple interested that otherwise would not have known.

Hey 556Alpha,

You should ask Bob if he'll make your post a 'sticky' over there at the COG site. That should be interesting...

Over here a post like that would almost automatically become a sticky.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 10:33:22 AM »
Hey 556Alpha,

You should ask Bob if he'll make your post a 'sticky' over there at the COG site. That should be interesting...

Just gotta keep pokin' at the curmudgeon.   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »
Hey 556Alpha,

Make sure you are well geared when you do make that request. You never know what he will fling at you! lol
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »
Hey 556Alpha,

Contrary to popular belief, I'm not suggesting this to rile Bob up even more or to be sure that we get the max discount (although both would be nice   ;) ). I sincerely don't want the guys who might not know about these bars missing their chance at buying them during the group buy.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline seajay

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
Email sent to Ryan, I'm in for a set + bag guards.
09 C14 ABS, Black

Offline stbtbb

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
Order number 23 here so we are getting closer to the 25% sweet

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »
Thank you guys for your orders! We're getting closer to the max discount!

Offline Huero

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
Drama, drama, drama. Seemed to me that the capt' was being pretty Cantankerous. Too bad, too. Most of us just want to get along and ride.

Anyway, thanks again Ryan,
Huero

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
All you Gen 1 guys saying you'd be buying more than the Gen 2 guys....  hmmmmmmm.....  ;)

That's a cool lookin' cage right there.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline overlord

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »
Would you think that some sort of foot peg could be mounted to these cages???
  anyone??

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2012, 03:45:35 PM »
Would you think that some sort of foot peg could be mounted to these cages???
  anyone??

I am sure there will be something we can mount. I am starting to look at that option as well.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
Could be worse- he could have just deleted all opposing viewpoints and edited the posting in any way he wanted.

Guess what?

Offline overlord

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2012, 03:55:00 PM »
got something cookin doya ?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »
All you Gen 1 guys saying you'd be buying more than the Gen 2 guys....  hmmmmmmm.....  ;)

Exactly.  I can't wait to laugh :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc