Riding > It's not a Concours - other Bikes

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE first ride review

(1/7) > >>

Rubber_Snake:
Lemmy from Revzilla reviews Kawasaki’s SPORT/tourer.  Interesting stuff.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/2018-kawasaki-h2-sx-se-first-ride-motorcycle-review?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3/31/2018_CT&utm_term=Common%20Tread%20%7C%20Combined

-Ray

katata1100:
I can’t see myself doing heavy mileage on that . If I were to hit the lottery, that’d sit next to my C14, it’d be the around town ride and the bike I take on two or three day rides.The C14 gets the nod for long trips. Heck, I can’t see strapping much luggage to the H2, along with my tail bag and the rack on that, I can easily fit a huge duffel bag on the passenger part of my seat.

Rubber_Snake:
The things I like are:

TFT Display with different display options
Adjustable power modes and T/C
Heated grips
Bags
Cruise Control
Quickshifter

The things I do not care for:

Chaindrive
Sportbike riding position
Seat height (high for me...)
The horsepower (GTR has plenty enough for me)
The price

I’m not sure what type of rider mama Kaw is after here, but I don’t think it is Concours owners.

I would really love to see a TFT, cruise and heated grips/seat built into the Connie.  I certainly hope this doesn’t mean its future demise.

maxtog:
Very neat, but hardly an ST in my book.  Review says as much too, but without too many details in that regard (and as if we didn't already know and hash it through on previous threads: small fairings for minimal weather control, chain drive, small windscreen also not powered, too leaned over, shorter wheel base, puny warranty, crappy range, etc.)  It is an amazing bike, but priced at $23K and with its other limitations, I still think the C14 still reigns king in its category.  The H2SXSE can be king in it's own "mostly sport somewhat touring" category :)

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=22980

katata1100:
Costs $23k, issupercharged, will do 1/4 mile in the mid 9’s...
As good as this bike looks on paper, in person and on the road ,
I think we all can agree that the annual insurance bill on it will be
very ugly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version