Author Topic: 2005 concours flood damage  (Read 5287 times)

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: 2005 concours flood damage
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 04:29:54 PM »
I love the enthusiasm. This is what im talking about. I can post some pics bit i dont know how to. Lol. Says the file is too big. Anyone have any insight? I tried to get an app to make them smaller but i couldnt get it to work.

I had to download some free image compression software and a jpg to png converter app in order to upload pics.  It’s a bit of a pain, but once you get used too it, it isnt to tough.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:59:42 AM by Rubber_Snake »
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 06:44:35 PM »
I love the enthusiasm. This is what im talking about. I can post some pics bit i dont know how to. Lol. Says the file is too big. Anyone have any insight? I tried to get an app to make them smaller but i couldnt get it to work.

well, first off, set your camera's photo setting to some lower resolution, it doesn't take 10Megapixels to capture simple images.. it's overkill..
then, use software like this, freeware,
https://www.irfanview.net/

I'm using an old version, but it's free, aand works great..
drop a photo into it, and pull down the 'image' menue, and select 'resize and re sample' and resize it 'in half', and repeat as necessary, you can reduce big file sizes down dramatically, to a format the 'add attachments' to a post shows as the size requirements... just re-save any reduced file in the same folder it lived in, on your computer, as "cropped xxxx.jpg"

easy.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline route66tc

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 06:44:50 AM »
If you don't want to mess with all of the software, send me a private message and if you can email them to me or text them to me, I'll do it for you.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 05:32:22 PM »
If you don't want to mess with all of the software, send me a private message and if you can email them to me or text them to me, I'll do it for you.

c'mon bro, make him work.... it's fun, and free, and even funnier to watch... don't ruin the progression.... :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :chugbeer: :battle: :salute:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline route66tc

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 04:42:14 AM »
c'mon bro, make him work.... it's fun, and free, and even funnier to watch... don't ruin the progression.... :deadhorse: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :chugbeer: :battle: :salute:
I have dealt with home computer users for 16 years.  Long story short, I'm pretty apathetic when it comes to getting people to do anything other than to click on a hyperlink.  So here we go....a hyperlink for the OP to resize pics without the need for software.  If one can't do this.....well I don't know what to tell you.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfbQ81SJn8s

Offline Jjc331

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »
Ok so i have an update for the flood bike. I found on craigslist for free a 2001 kawasaki concours. I went and picked it up immedeatly.  The bike has been sitting for at least 5 years so the carbs will need to be gone through and the rest of the bike serviced. The fairings arent in great ahape but the bike has 35000 miles. So i can take all the good parts off the flood damaged bike and put them on this new bike and have a nice bike when im all done.

Offline route66tc

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2018, 05:26:47 PM »
Ok so i have an update for the flood bike. I found on craigslist for free a 2001 kawasaki concours. I went and picked it up immedeatly.  The bike has been sitting for at least 5 years so the carbs will need to be gone through and the rest of the bike serviced. The fairings arent in great ahape but the bike has 35000 miles. So i can take all the good parts off the flood damaged bike and put them on this new bike and have a nice bike when im all done.
Good move! 

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 01:08:36 PM »
Now your on a roll.
With that, it's doable.

Best of luck on your project.
Keep us posted on progress..

Ride safe, ted

Offline BobCT

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »
Good find, was that the bike near Jersey City. I was going to jump on it too. Seller said it was white.
Pictures are over due, at least take photos to record your bike resurrection.

Offline Jjc331

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »
Yea bike was in jersey city. Apparently it was a police bike from texas. Thats what he told me. Got it to start with starting fluid. It came with some serious bars to protect the fairings, it has no windsheild but there is an extension for the windsheild, also came with a bra for the tank. I got the carbs off and all the parts soaking in carb cleaner now. Im looking forward to getting this bike 100% together.

Offline BobCT

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
Good luck with the resurrection