Author Topic: G2 Throttle Tamer 10  (Read 19570 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
G2 Throttle Tamer 10
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:58:33 AM »
I was a little leery of this one but it worked great.  It really smoothed out the the throttle tremendously.  I heartily recommend this improvement.  It's made of metal, unlike the Kwak throttle tube which is plastic.  Glad I got it.

http://www.g2ergo.com/street-bike-g2-ergonomics-products/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-street/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-1.html
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

Re: G2 Throttle Tamer 10
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:20 AM »
 :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Slideways

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »
Have been working on slow speed 'ride-like-a-cop' moves and the herky jerk throttle response makes it harder (understatement). Shifting with the wife on pillion must be done with finesse or we clack helmets. Low speed corners at close to closed throttle requires care not to shut the throttle or the snatchiness makes things a pain. These are the circumstances that have annoyed and frustrated me a little about the trottle response on my Connie.

G2 Tamer installed today. Is all cured? Well maybe one ride is not enough to offer a full review but a first impression can be expressed. It works! No not all of the above issues are cured 100% but every one of them is noticeably reduced. As a former machinist I was pleased with the quality, design and workmanship. Installed in 15min using full anal retentive procedures. Easily worth the money even at full MSRP.
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »
Jim.....feel free to send me one of these if you like, maybe a happy birthday and get well gift?  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 05:22:55 AM »
Have been working on slow speed 'ride-like-a-cop' moves and the herky jerk throttle response makes it harder (understatement). Shifting with the wife on pillion must be done with finesse or we clack helmets. Low speed corners at close to closed throttle requires care not to shut the throttle or the snatchiness makes things a pain. These are the circumstances that have annoyed and frustrated me a little about the trottle response on my Connie.

G2 Tamer installed today. Is all cured? Well maybe one ride is not enough to offer a full review but a first impression can be expressed. It works! No not all of the above issues are cured 100% but every one of them is noticeably reduced. As a former machinist I was pleased with the quality, design and workmanship. Installed in 15min using full anal retentive procedures. Easily worth the money even at full MSRP.
We can assume you adjusted your cables too?

Offline Slideways

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 06:38:03 AM »
Oh, of course. Part of the anal retentive procedural process is to do that about four times.  :nuts:
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:35:28 AM »
I think I see where you are going with this, Gary.   I did adjust my cables before I installed the throttle cables.  I couldn't feel any difference.  I did feel the difference with the throttle tamer and the cables adjusted for it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 09:33:04 AM »
I installed the tamer and adjusted the cables at the same time and the improvement was night and day. Since I did them together I have no baseline to determine the affects of each separately. At the same time I pulled the flys, changed the exhaust (yes Max, the whole enchilada  ;) ) and air filter, and installed the PC V so the change was quite dramatic.

Offline Slideways

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
I adjusted cables before and of course after. Cable adjustment is not factoring into my first impressions here. After ride #2 today I would not call it night and day different but stand by the feeling it is worth it.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »
Ok, so how do you get the heated grips onto it?  This replaces your entire throttle tube, so you have to cut the old grip off, remove the heating element, mount the throttle tube, then mount the heating element, then put a grip on it?  Am I missing something?

In the past, when removing or reinstalling a throttle, I have had to go down to the carbs and loosen the cables down there to get more play at the top to allow me to mount the throttle.  Then retighten at the carb once the throttle is installed. Then play around a bit to get it just so.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »
From manual for throttle adjustment.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 09:00:26 AM »
From manual for throttle adjustment.

this is helpful for removing the old and installing the throttle tamer, but what about the heated grip?  Do I need to buy a new grip and cut the old one off, peel off the element and glue it onto the throttle tamer?
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 01:20:09 PM »
Ok, so how do you get the heated grips onto it?  This replaces your entire throttle tube, so you have to cut the old grip off, remove the heating element, mount the throttle tube, then mount the heating element, then put a grip on it?  Am I missing something?

In the past, when removing or reinstalling a throttle, I have had to go down to the carbs and loosen the cables down there to get more play at the top to allow me to mount the throttle.  Then retighten at the carb once the throttle is installed. Then play around a bit to get it just so.

The heat element is built into the grips. You do not have to cut them off. You can remove the grip by inserting an air needle between the grip and the tube and using a compressor to loosen the grip. You can also use a very thin blade and carefully insert around the grip. Just take your time and work it and eventually you can get the grip off without any damage.