Author Topic: Off the bike for the moment...  (Read 5220 times)

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: Off the bike for the moment...
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »
Here's the Update (if anyone's interested):

Had the surgery on the 13th of September and it left 3 small holes.  I went back to the Doc two weeks afterward  with lots of rest, movies, bored to tears- but feeling better eachday. I felt pretty rough the first day or two. At the first visit, the Doc warned me of swelling and discomfort the next two weeks, sort of a rebound impact. Didn't happen.  So, he let me go back to work on light duty (I work a computer and a desk most of the time.  No problems, just got worn out by the end of the day. First few days, I worked a while, rested a while, and went home early a couple  of times. Then I was teaching some classes and had to have my assistant haul my books and equipment to the location. Fortunately, she's a young 28.

Two weeks later - back to the Doc the second time. He poked and prodded around and declared I could be a "normal" guy again (whatever that is) so I asked him what I needed to change to make that happen..... :o  Fortunately, he has a good sense of humor and said don't do a sit up or push up marathon and to take it easy in the gym.  I said, "Now, do I really look like I go to the gym?"

I waited ONE MORE week and today rode the Connie about 25 miles!!!!   Yes!!!!  She's more comfortable than my old F-250 4X4!! and the weather is beautiful tonight. So...I'M BACK ON BOARD. Now you may like this one. When I got back, I eased her right up on the center stand with no strain! Yes!!!

And that, my friends is the  Rest of the Story! Thanks for the good words before this all took place. Those helped me know I'd be back.
Ron
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »
Good to hear Ron.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »
Been concerned about you Ron, glad all is well, and you're back in the saddle again! My testing is on the 27th of this month, I just have to follow your lead, and have faith in others..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 04:37:07 AM »
Good feeling to be back in the saddle, ain't it?!!  Congrats.
Will

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 11:49:41 AM »
Been concerned about you Ron, glad all is well, and you're back in the saddle again! My testing is on the 27th of this month, I just have to follow your lead, and have faith in others..

Thanks Walker18 and Roadie. Like most guys (I think), it's hard to let somebody else who's a relative stranger, do things to you when you're out of control. It's was kind of funny, cause the day of the surgery, the Anesthiologist walked in, looked at a file and asked if I am a diabetic. I said "heck no." She looked again and said, "I don't think you're a female either are you?" She had the wrong file. Oops. Concerned the He** out me and when the surgeon walked in about 5 minutes later, I was sitting up on the table and not laying down. He looked at me and said to the nurse, "he's a little tense, give him 'something.'" I said "you bet I'm tense, y'all have the wrong file!" He grinned and looked and then said, "We've got that fixed."   Shoot, they mighta tried to give me a hysterectomy or a boob job or something. How would I have explained to my wife that mine looked better than hers????........ :o

Walker18, we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Do your own research and question everybody if you think you need  to. These kind of folks are professional and do NOT want to do something wrong, but protect yourself as best you can and you'll feel better about it.

I took about 100 mile ride up in the mountains this morning. GLORIOUS!!! But I can tell I'm not quite 100% yet. Some of the lower parts . Soon. Soon.
Ron
2014 C-14 Red

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
Glad to see you're up and around... take things easy.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 03:43:38 PM »
Easy is the watchword. Thanks.
2014 C-14 Red