Author Topic: Who's Attending the Nationals this year in Eureka Springs,AR?  (Read 10238 times)

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
Re: Who's Attending the Nationals this year in Eureka Springs,AR?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »
Frontier,

I have to be in Arizona on the 9th for a wedding. I will be traveling from Cincinnati, OH. Do you know of any storage areas in the area. I am thinking of trailering my bike to Arkansas. Dropping off my bike and trailer in a storage area and then continuing on to Arizona and picking up the bike on the way back and be at the nationals a day late. The trailering the bike back home at the end. That is the only way the DW will go alone with the program as she won't go for a long bike ride.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 06:00:48 AM »
I live two hours north of Eureka Springs, maybe not close enough for you but if you are traveling along I-44 to get to Arizona your detour to drop the trailer would be five minutes, maximum.   I would be happy to keep your trailer at my house.  I live on a cul de sac and have had several buddies store their bike trailers for a week or two with no problems whatsoever.  Hell, you could even drop the trailer and park the bike in my garage.  I would just make my wife park her cage outside.   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 04:31:41 PM »
Bosco, when we went to the National in Montrose Colorado we learned a simple trick that worked for us.
We learned that KOA Campgrounds will store your truck/trailer for a minimal charge.
In our case we trailered to New Mexico, left the trailer there at a KOA, rode Colorado for the National, returned to the KOA, loaded the bikes on the trailer and headed for home.
You could call a KOA in Eureka Springs, and see if they have a secure area.

But a better deal is what Jeremy posted!
or, (thinking out loud) see if the Motel in Eureka has a secure area...

Ride safe, Ted

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 11:55:04 AM »
I see on another discussion that all the Rooms at the Rally Central Motel are booked. (I booked mine months ago,,, Grin  ;D)
Luckily there are many other Motels that are close. My understanding is that most are within 3 miles.
Jim Snyder found 1 Motel that is for Motorcyclists only....
I can find the info and attach it if anyone wants?

If you haven't booked your room yet, find a close Motel and Book yer room!!
Gonna be a blast!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »
Here you go Ted. Its the Riders Rest motel. Here is the link to their website if anyone is interested.
http://ridersrestmotel.com/
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline Frontier

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 07:07:21 AM »
Frontier,

I have to be in Arizona on the 9th for a wedding. I will be traveling from Cincinnati, OH. Do you know of any storage areas in the area. I am thinking of trailering my bike to Arkansas. Dropping off my bike and trailer in a storage area and then continuing on to Arizona and picking up the bike on the way back and be at the nationals a day late. The trailering the bike back home at the end. That is the only way the DW will go alone with the program as she won't go for a long bike ride.

Bosco, If you and Jeremy don't get together on storage- I live near Fayetteville in Prairie Grove,AR. No problem at all keeping your bike in my garage if needed.

Offline Damn Potholes

• AdvancedSportTouring.com
    • Advanced Sport Touring
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
I'm tentatively planning on attending but when you have a newborn, anything could happen at the last minute.  Coming from Michigan.  I'd be more than happy to have traveling companions.  My buddy might be coming with but he's on a '78 Yamaha XS11 Cafe Racer.  On the last trip down to the dragon we figured out that he burns a quart of oil every 200 miles so as long as you don't mind stopping to pick some up along the way everything is cool.
My parts are forged with voodoo curses and unicorn tears.

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 05:24:12 PM »
I live two hours north of Eureka Springs, maybe not close enough for you but if you are traveling along I-44 to get to Arizona your detour to drop the trailer would be five minutes, maximum.   I would be happy to keep your trailer at my house.  I live on a cul de sac and have had several buddies store their bike trailers for a week or two with no problems whatsoever.  Hell, you could even drop the trailer and park the bike in my garage.  I would just make my wife park her cage outside.   ;D

Bosco, If you and Jeremy don't get together on storage- I live near Fayetteville in Prairie Grove,AR. No problem at all keeping your bike in my garage if needed.

Thanks for the offer guys. I will deciding on what to do over the next few weeks. I'll let you all know.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline Chris Baum

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
COG Nation,

I will be attending the Eureka Springs!  They have some of the best roads to ride!  See everybody in June!
Chris Baum - COG #3088 - 1986 Concours
"A Nebraskan Looking for Twisty Roads!!!!"
2006 Co-COG National Rally Director -
"OTP" Host (2007-09-11-14)     IBA #7474

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 05:36:13 PM »
COG Nation,

I will be attending the Eureka Springs!  They have some of the best roads to ride!  See everybody in June!

Yahoo. I'll finally get ta ride with ya.
Now Chris I guess that you realize,,,,,, your gonna have to be extra careful.
 You ain't used to all them twists!!!!!   ;D

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Unclesteve

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 07:38:03 PM »
My work does not allow me to plan too far in advance.  I will know something as the date gets closer. Sure want to be there.

Offline strester

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 02:54:33 PM »
plan too
All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing....Edmund Burke
(2008 c14 silver)

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 10:58:29 PM »
All set just need the valves adjusted! ;D
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire