Author Topic: Smackdown at the Shack GA/FLA Border Challenge  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Reid

• Arena
Smackdown at the Shack GA/FLA Border Challenge
« on: September 10, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »
November 10th!!  Put this date on your calendar.  It is time again for the "Smackdown at the Shack."  This is our 4th year in a row now and is a RTE that you don't want to miss!  It is a challenge to the Floriduh gang and the Georgia folks to see who can bring the most riders.  It is held at the Shack by the Track in St. George Ga. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/149/932917/restaurant/Georgia/Folkston/Shack-By-The-Track-St-George  Floriduh won last year by cheating and bringing too many Steve's!   We promise redemption this year and Georgia will win back the plaque.  The event is on the SECOG calendar.  http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?EventID=160172&mo=9  We will start gathering in the parking lot around 10:30.  This place has great BBQ and is cash or check only.  They do not take credit or debit.  See ya there.
2008 C-14 (Silver Belle)
Russell Daylong seat
Cal-Sci windshield
S.Ga. AAD

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Smackdown at the Shack GA/FLA Border Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
November 10th!!  Put this date on your calendar.  It is time again for the "Smackdown at the Shack."  This is our 4th year in a row now and is a RTE that you don't want to miss!  It is a challenge to the Floriduh gang and the Georgia folks to see who can bring the most riders.  It is held at the Shack by the Track in St. George Ga. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/149/932917/restaurant/Georgia/Folkston/Shack-By-The-Track-St-George  Floriduh won last year by cheating and bringing too many Steve's!   We promise redemption this year and Georgia will win back the plaque.  The event is on the SECOG calendar.  http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?EventID=160172&mo=9  We will start gathering in the parking lot around 10:30.  This place has great BBQ and is cash or check only.  They do not take credit or debit.  See ya there.

Bump, Floridians lets win this thing. Hopefully Teressa, my Blue C14 and I can make it yet again.

Oh and on a side note......Steve's rock BTW

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 03:34:37 AM »
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
I can smell that BBQ from here in Tampa.......     
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »
I can smell that BBQ from here in Tampa.......     
You don't have some stashed from when we went up, do ya?

Along that line, a salesman I work with picked up a coupla tubes of sausage from http://www.houseofhomemadesausage.com/index.php

One garlic, the other Hungarian. They make the fridge smell like a sausage market. I like it, Margie not so much.
I'll bet the store smells heavenly.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »
No sir, unfortunately none stashed

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »
Bump to top!

SteveJ ( and the rest of us) will be looking content again this year with a belly full  8)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 06:55:58 PM »
D*mn, ain't I a handsome feller, though. Maybe it's the shades...BTW, I'm on TDY in Fort Lauderdale, found a marvelous, and frugal Q place. I had the brisket. Yum. Could be a long distance RTE...
America's Seaplane City
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »
D*mn, ain't I a handsome feller, though. Maybe it's the shades...BTW, I'm on TDY in Fort Lauderdale, found a marvelous, and frugal Q place. I had the brisket. Yum. Could be a long distance RTE...

Let's go!

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »
Folks wanting to meet up, figure on leaving my place about 730. Will also have a meet up at the Shell station at US 301 at rt228, just south of I-10 a few miles. Figure on departing there at about 10:45. We'll also be swinging by the Mickey D's in Interlachen for a short break and maybe meet up with other riders. I'm thinking around 9-915 leaving MacDonalds.
America's Seaplane City

devilboy

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »
Folks wanting to meet up, figure on leaving my place about 730. Will also have a meet up at the Shell station at US 301 at rt228, just south of I-10 a few miles. Figure on departing there at about 10:45. We'll also be swinging by the Mickey D's in Interlachen for a short break and maybe meet up with other riders. I'm thinking around 9-915 leaving MacDonalds.
gonna try this one again Steve   Back is 99%  and need to put some miles on the bike...  I will confirm with ya on Friday and bring a check  for Membership....  been hanging upside down on an inversion table  , the thing  works   ;D

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 06:43:22 AM »
gonna try this one again Steve   Back is 99%  and need to put some miles on the bike...  I will confirm with ya on Friday and bring a check  for Membership....  been hanging upside down on an inversion table  , the thing  works   ;D
Cool, bring the Connie or the Vision?
America's Seaplane City

devilboy

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »
Connie !  Vision is under the weather  ATM!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 08:24:13 AM »
I smell BBQ  :D

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 11:55:02 AM »
I smell BBQ  :D

It's getting closer...

Off to get new meat on the front, hopefully. My regular guy's phone is not working anymore. :(
America's Seaplane City

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »
It's getting closer...

Off to get new meat on the front, hopefully. My regular guy's phone is not working anymore. :(

I can let you borrow this scooter I picked up, if you don't get the tire.

Of course we'll have to talk my friend into giving it up - she seems to like it  :D

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »
I'd ride bitch. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
America's Seaplane City

Offline dolomoto

• '08 C14 "Hot, Nasty, Bad-Ass Speed"
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 08:30:45 AM »
It's 136 miles from my place in Savannah to the Shack at the Track. At one point I was only 7 miles away as the crow flies but my GPS tried to route me down a dirt/sand road that would've been tough. Once I re-routed, I got there a bit late but most of the bikes were still there.

The Shack is, as you would imagine...a shack.

I heard there were at least 50 bikes there, I spoke with a rider who rode down from Atlanta!

The Shack does Ice Cream also.

The portions were HUGE. This is the "small" sandwich.

Even Triumphs were welcome!

Offline Reid

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
Great pics.  I think the total was 53 bikes.  Perfect riding weather and good food.  Thanks everyone for coming.  I'm sure we'll do it again next November, same place!
2008 C-14 (Silver Belle)
Russell Daylong seat
Cal-Sci windshield
S.Ga. AAD

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
Who in the world would ride a Triumph to a COG rally   ;D  Good seeing you again Austin, even though I split early.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"