Author Topic: Gary Hart, Former Senator: 'Legitimate Gun Owners' Should Leave NRA, Start New G  (Read 1442 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Former U.S. Senator and presidential candidate Gary Hart on Wednesday called on what he termed "legitimate gun owners" to form a new organization separate from the National Rifle Association (NRA), one that shares the belief that military-style assault weapons have no place in U.S. society.

"Clearly we're in a pattern in this country. The amount of gun violence is escalating. Of the 12 most serious mass killings in America, six or seven have occurred in the last decade or so. So there is clear escalation here and the principal gun lobby is resisting any change," Hart told HuffPost Live host Marc Lamont Hill.

"Of the legitimate gun owners who do have, according to the Supreme Court, the right to protect their homes by owning guns -- and sportsmen -- I suggested to them that they form their own organization that is separate from the predominate National Rifle Association, which refuses to cooperate, at least up to now, in controlling the military or military-like weapons that have no place in home security or in the field," Hart continued.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/19/gary-hart-nra-gun-control_n_2332489.html

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
What a....  ah hem. Sorry, momma said to not speak that way.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline DeansZG

Yessirree Bob,
    I'm still waiting for any of my selection of guns to move themselves from the gun safes & pull their own triggers without any human intervention.....
  Oh wait, you can't convince those morons...er...ah... idjits that it's the deranged person pulling the trigger that's the root cause for the tragedies..... :(

'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
There already is another group we can join.  ;D

http://gunowners.org/
2004 C10 RIP

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
In addition to the NRA,  I already belong to an "alternate" organization.

Number of members:   1
Yearly dues:   A couple of bucks for practice ammo
CPL required:    YES

The club's headquarters have been declared a "Hart-free zone".
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Strawboss

Rahm Emanuel said it best, but I think he was merely quoting someone else when he said "never let a tragedy go to waste". Its gonna get bad folks, worse than the worst years of the most anti-gun guy to come down the pike, Clinton. In many countries, they can simply outlaw a group or organization. The president does does not need Congress to pass a law. Simply use Executive orders, its done a lot. He doesn't have to worry about getting reelected, so if he does it, nobody in the Senate or Congrees will incure the wrath of gun owners like what happened in 1994.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50