Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853706 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2014, 05:57:18 AM »
Drove to Canmore and back, little bit of snow flying out there. Only seen two other bikes on the road yesterday.
Watched the clock turn 15000km  ;D (9324 mi), not sure how many more rides  :( I'll get in this season.
Noticed a bit of wallowing at 4700 rpm in OD in some of the sweepers. 4mm tread wear left on the PR4s after 7300km (4536mi).

You can always wrap that seat cover around you if you get cold.  :)

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2014, 06:02:29 AM »

You can always wrap that seat cover around you if you get cold.  :)
:D  it keeps the boys warm on those chilly rides :rotflmao:
:chugbeer: 

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »
well im new here and I have been reading a lot on all topics and love all the info.i have a new 2012 connie I just put on a rad guard on along with a cee baileys headlight guard and a corbin seat and more to come.

Offline tomp

« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2014, 05:13:48 PM »
Welcome, bigfraid.   tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2014, 07:39:32 PM »
Welcome to the show Bigfraid  :chugbeer:

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2014, 07:49:31 PM »
thanks guys,the connie thing is so addictive I just can`t get enough so powerful yet so nimble.i only have alittle bit more riding time left till I put here to bed for the winter but before spring time comes back around she will have a few more goodies added to her.

sailor_chic

« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2014, 07:25:52 AM »
I ordered a Givi V47 Tech Monokey Topcase. Should be here Thursday. 

Now I want to order the Admore lighting kit. I see on their site that they have a Kawasaki "adapter" for an extra $20. Is this something that is needed?

Also fighting the strong urge to order an V&H CS One.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2014, 09:01:24 AM »
You funny.  ;D  Resisting farkle urge. Might as well resist the tide coming in and sun going down.

Seriously, if you order enough stuff in a single day two things happen. The first is that you get farkles littering your mailbox and doorstep for a week or more (YEA!). The second is that if you order enough, you get stuff you actually forgot you ordered and you are not only happy but surprised- like Christmas!

Of course I realize you are not paying attention to any of this because you are probably busy on another web page typing in your Visa number....  :rotflmao:

Brian

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2014, 10:14:53 AM »
And before someone says this is ridiculous and can't happen, I say fiddly sticks.  Don't ask me how I know.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »
I ordered a Givi V47 Tech Monokey Topcase. Should be here Thursday. 

Now I want to order the Admore lighting kit. I see on their site that they have a Kawasaki "adapter" for an extra $20. Is this something that is needed?

The Admore kit comes with vampire taps so you don't really need the adapter.  Unless it's an aesthetics thing.  But those wires get tucked under the seat so you won't see them very often.

sailor_chic

« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »
You funny.  ;D  Resisting farkle urge. Might as well resist the tide coming in and sun going down.

Seriously, if you order enough stuff in a single day two things happen. The first is that you get farkles littering your mailbox and doorstep for a week or more (YEA!). The second is that if you order enough, you get stuff you actually forgot you ordered and you are not only happy but surprised- like Christmas!

Of course I realize you are not paying attention to any of this because you are probably busy on another web page typing in your Visa number....  :rotflmao:

Brian

Ya had me laughing as I do know the truth to this. I work out of town for extended periods, so I do order a bunch of stuff. And like you said, one forgets what was ordered.  I'm trying to keep the bigger purchases to a minimum so I can keep putting money in my travel account. Next June, I intend to go on a 14 day trip on Connie. As it is, Im already looking to put new tires on a bike that I just bought 3 months ago.

The Admore kit comes with vampire taps so you don't really need the adapter.  Unless it's an aesthetics thing.  But those wires get tucked under the seat so you won't see them very often.

Does this adapter make it plug and play?

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2014, 11:36:39 AM »
Does this adapter make it plug and play?
What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?  Elefino   :rotflmao:
Seriously though, if it weren't plug & play I doubt they'd offer it for sale.  I assume the adapter makes it so you don't have to compromise your stock wiring harness.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #192 on: October 29, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »
Rode it into town and back.  I think I'm going to change out the wheel bearings.  I've got this judder that happens when I brake.  I've put on new pads, sanded the rotors and it's still there.  Got EBC pads and rotors.  I've got 60k miles + on it so it probably wouldn't hurt.  I've manually checked the bearing and the wheel feels smooth on the axle and there isn't any play anywhere that I can detect.  I don't know what else to do.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #193 on: October 29, 2014, 10:48:37 PM »
I installed my new windshield. After it was on, I stood there observing the new look, and how awesome it looked. At that moment I felt something happening and I think I had a ...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2014, 03:38:26 AM »
  :banana :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2014, 04:49:36 AM »
I installed my new windshield. After it was on, I stood there observing the new look, and how awesome it looked. At that moment I felt something happening and I think I had a ...

:rotflmao:

I don't think that we've ever had any one report on that side benefit before!    :)

What kind of shield did you say you bought?    ;)

I usually don't get that feeling unless I'm using my right hand, to twist the throttle. What did you think I meant?    :rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2014, 08:19:32 AM »

CB mini Euro dark tint

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2014, 08:43:34 PM »
:rotflmao:

I don't think that we've ever had any one report on that side benefit before!    :)

You are supposed to imitate the commercial:

"I'll have what he is having"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2014, 05:07:09 AM »
CB mini Euro dark tint

Nice! If not for that massive potato launcher...   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2014, 07:57:54 AM »
Nice! If not for that massive potato launcher...   ;)

Like I said earlier, I am fighting the urge to purchase a CS one