Author Topic: Hello from Tennessee  (Read 4337 times)

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
Hello from Tennessee
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:23:33 PM »
Howdy,
My name is Rick and I reside in the mountains of East Tennessee about midway between the Smokies and the Blue Ridge. I grew up on 2 strokes and enduros. I have had only a few street bikes and currently have a 86 Harley Low Rider and an 08 Connie(I am color blind but purty sure it is silver). I recently retired and have more replacement orthopedic parts than my bike has farkles. I been on the forum for several months and have found a wealth of info and entertainment.
Look forward to matching names with faces and the rally and picking some brains. 8)
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

K-woppa

Re: Hello from Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »
I love East Tennessee. I traveled through it as a young vagabond many years ago. Too many billboards, but, beautiful scenery and more than a few local "characters".

Offline TallyRex

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 04:04:06 AM »
Welcome aboard.  Great roads in Eastern Tenn.  I've got a friend in Benton, are you close?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 04:09:08 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 07:09:37 AM »
Motorcycling Heaven over in east TN.  I'm surprised you went sport touring instead of adventure touring considering the vast array of roads in that area.  Enjoy your silverdammit connie.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 09:35:29 AM »
Welcome Rick!  :chugbeer:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 09:34:47 AM »
welcome
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »
How about you, Steve?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 09:51:12 AM »
Hi Rick,

Welcome aboard.

I assume by the rally you mean the national COG rally next June? If so, it is looking like it is going to be something pretty big at the moment. I have never been to any part of TN, or any part of the southern US off the seaboard and so am looking forward to see that more western part of the south.

Brian

Howdy,
My name is Rick and I reside in the mountains of East Tennessee about midway between the Smokies and the Blue Ridge. I grew up on 2 strokes and enduros. I have had only a few street bikes and currently have a 86 Harley Low Rider and an 08 Connie(I am color blind but purty sure it is silver). I recently retired and have more replacement orthopedic parts than my bike has farkles. I been on the forum for several months and have found a wealth of info and entertainment.
Look forward to matching names with faces and the rally and picking some brains. 8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
Hi Rick,

Welcome aboard.

I assume by the rally you mean the national COG rally next June? If so, it is looking like it is going to be something pretty big at the moment. I have never been to any part of TN, or any part of the southern US off the seaboard and so am looking forward to see that more western part of the south.

Brian

Yes the COG rally in June. Be glad to show ya some of my favorite spots(riding and eating).
I don't know where Benton is but would up for a discovery trip.
I got so beat up in my younger years that I am not sure about adventure touring and all of my aftermarket parts(although the Beemer FS looks very cool).
I am planning on a trip to the southwest in '14 and look forward talking to you guys that have experience and especially someone that would do over 900 miles in a day on a KLR.

I hope all had a good 2013 and look forward to a blessed '14. ;)
Rick
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie