Author Topic: Glen Campbell dies at 81  (Read 1441 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Glen Campbell dies at 81
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:11:19 PM »
Glen Campbell died today. I was not really a fan and only remember him from a couple of cross- over songs back in the.... well, a long time ago. And he had a TV show for a while. So I am not going to say the world is worse off or any of those things people say about others who die.

And I really do not understand the concept of 'battling' diseases. One does not battle a disease, one succumbs to a disease. Resist, acquiesce, or acceptance, the end is always the same given a terminal illness or condition and how hard one resists is not relevant to the outcome. This is not said to be mean, heartless or anything else, just my personal view and observation. IMO, Glen Campbell did not battle Alzheimer's disease, he was simply a victim of it.

But this is what I do want to say: that guy went all 15 rounds and did not stop. He was touring not very long ago, long after contracting the disease and very evidently suffering its devastating consequences. As I remember, he continued to tour and perform basically past the point at which he really could. So battle or not, he showed tremendous, perhaps super- human tenacity IMO.

As I said, not a particular fan, and I do not know if he was a good guy, a bad guy, or like most of us I think, somewhere in-between. But I do have tremendous respect for his sheer determination to go on... even if it was just the inability to stop. If Alzheimer's took his health, his mind and eventually his life, it never took his resolve or tenacity and I truly respect that.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Glen Campbell dies at 81
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:16:42 AM »
I liked his music for the most part...RIP  :'(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline O.C.

Re: Glen Campbell dies at 81
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:51:18 AM »
Glen Campbell died today. I was not really a fan and only remember him from a couple of cross- over songs back in the.... well, a long time ago. And he had a TV show for a while. So I am not going to say the world is worse off or any of those things people say about others who die.

And I really do not understand the concept of 'battling' diseases. One does not battle a disease, one succumbs to a disease. Resist, acquiesce, or acceptance, the end is always the same given a terminal illness or condition and how hard one resists is not relevant to the outcome. This is not said to be mean, heartless or anything else, just my personal view and observation. IMO, Glen Campbell did not battle Alzheimer's disease, he was simply a victim of it.

But this is what I do want to say: that guy went all 15 rounds and did not stop. He was touring not very long ago, long after contracting the disease and very evidently suffering its devastating consequences. As I remember, he continued to tour and perform basically past the point at which he really could. So battle or not, he showed tremendous, perhaps super- human tenacity IMO.

As I said, not a particular fan, and I do not know if he was a good guy, a bad guy, or like most of us I think, somewhere in-between. But I do have tremendous respect for his sheer determination to go on... even if it was just the inability to stop. If Alzheimer's took his health, his mind and eventually his life, it never took his resolve or tenacity and I truly respect that.

Brian

:goodpost: +1

His last/recent album was , ironically, labelled Adios
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650