Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...  (Read 39009 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:47:21 AM »
Stay tuned...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:01:47 AM »
Same bat channel same bat time?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 12:57:47 PM »
Yep, I'm building suspense.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline scubadoguk

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 03:42:04 PM »
Said frankie howard ?
poo poo occurs..British by birth American by choice

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 03:46:21 PM »
Infamy
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 04:15:50 PM »
The wife and I were out doing some errands yesterday and we stopped in at the local Indian dealer in Fredericksburg.   My wife has always liked Indian Motorcycles and as up to now it's been more about me than her, decided to get a 2016 Roadmaster.  Didn't do a test ride.  Just bought it.  Liked the dealer, liked his people.  Rode over a hundred miles on it today.  Enjoyed the heck out of it.  My wife loves the comfort.   Definitely have to get used to it as it's a different ride than the C14.  More relaxed.  Got plenty of power as well.

It's got cruise control, TPMS, ABS, alarm, radio, keyless start (uses a push button).  Seats feel good, at least on the short ride we did today.  I think I could get used to it.  Oh, electric screen as well.

[smg id=818]

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
An art deco Indian? Interesting. Keeping the c14?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »
Congrats on the new ride Jim! The very best of luck with it and hope you enjoy it over time.

Like Gary said, going to keep the C-14?

If that thing is 'button start', does it have the dreaded (gasp!) fob?

Brian

The wife and I were out doing some errands yesterday and we stopped in at the local Indian dealer in Fredericksburg.   My wife has always liked Indian Motorcycles and as up to now it's been more about me than her, decided to get a 2016 Roadmaster.  Didn't do a test ride.  Just bought it.  Liked the dealer, liked his people.  Rode over a hundred miles on it today.  Enjoyed the heck out of it.  My wife loves the comfort.   Definitely have to get used to it as it's a different ride than the C14.  More relaxed.  Got plenty of power as well.

It's got cruise control, TPMS, ABS, alarm, radio, keyless start (uses a push button).  Seats feel good, at least on the short ride we did today.  I think I could get used to it.  Oh, electric screen as well.

[smg id=818]
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 07:35:00 AM »
Of course it has a fob!  No knobby to turn either.   At this point, I'm undecided.  I don't do well with two bikes, but at this time it's still in the stable.  I've been babying the Indian a bit on the break in but I did pass a car at speed with us 2-up.  No problems in the power band.  That low center of gravity is different as far as low speed maneuvering.  Although that might be due to the very wide handlebars.   I prefer the low speed maneuvering of the C14.  And speaking of handlebars, all the wiring is in the bars...nice touch. 

Even if I do eventually sell the C14 (I'll have to wash it...sigh), I'll still be here.  This is my home.  Where else can I torment people I like with wild abandon?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:07:36 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 08:09:07 AM »
Of course it has a fob!  No knobby to turn either.   At this point, I'm undecided.  I don't do well with two bikes, but at this time it's still in the stable.  I've been babying the Indian a bit on the break in but I did pass a car at speed with us 2-up.  No problems in the power band.  That low center of gravity is different as far as low speed maneuvering.  Although that might be due to the very wide handlebars.   I prefer the low speed maneuvering of the C14.  And speaking of handlebars, all the wiring is in the bars...nice touch. 

Even if I do eventually sell the C14 (I'll have to wash it...sigh), I'll still be here.  This is my home.  Where else can I torment people I like with wild abandon?

Isn't that what families are for?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 08:14:19 AM »
Exactly.  We were down at my wife's family home last week.  All I did was get insulted.  Felt like Rodney Dangerfield.  I loved it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 08:16:09 AM »
There you go. If they didn't care then they wouldn't insult you.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »
That's the way I feel about it...

I'm also thinking about some accessories for it that I can put on the shelf.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »
Yes, that will take some careful consideration.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 10:59:41 AM »
Enjoy, Jim! I like those bikes. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 12:08:30 PM »
This is the first air cooled twin I've ever rode and if it wasn't for my wife liking it so much, I wouldn't have given it the time of day.  However, after riding it, I do like it.  It's a different style of riding, though, more sedate.  I'm going to take it up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and see how it does.  I've got a ride coming up into southern Ohio in early June with my sportier friends.  I've got to make a decision at some point which bike I'm taking.  There would be no question with the C14 as I would be up near the front with another C14 who usually leads.  If I take the Indian, I think I'll stay near the rear of the pack until I know how its going to handle.  I asked the dealer how it takes the corners and is it easy to scrape and he said no, but I don't think he rides like I do on the 14.  Nor does he have a clue about sport tourers..

Offline O.C.

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2017, 04:24:15 AM »
Hey Jim, congratulations on the new ride, I hope that the three of you have many smiles and miles together

How about some pictures  8)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 06:33:06 AM »
Congrats Jim! I love that the Indian name is making a come back and really like the looks of the bikes. Like O.C. said, didn't happen unless there are pics!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 06:37:56 AM »
BTW: I just watched Harley and the Davidsons on Amazon. Interesting show and wondering how accurate it is. But looked almost like a 6 hour add for Harley and it made the guy that ran Indian look like a total villain.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 06:49:41 AM »
It has to be accurate, it was on TV.... ::)    I don't know much about either manufacturer's history.   All I know is my wife and I like the bike bery bery much.  I think all of our two up riding is going to be on that.