Author Topic: All was right in MC world today.  (Read 1493 times)

Offline gonzosc1

All was right in MC world today.
« on: June 23, 2012, 02:18:37 PM »
went for ride today and the planets must have been lined up just right.  new tires 1000k on them but not run in the way they needed to be,, pr2 rear and connti motion front.
for the past month I have been try to dail in this tire combo and early last night had time to mess with it for a few hours on a lonely back road.

well rolled it out this morning and checked everything. of corase the tire pressure was lower some how from the night before. most times I keep them at 40PSI cold for running around and going to work. this morning it was 37 front and 36 rear.  just as I pulled out the slime pump I thought of a Dave Moss vid about tire pressure so I thought I would just go with it as is as I wanted to run hard and see what the pr2 would do for me.

since I had the pr2 on I've noticed that it rides harder. today the rear just felt right at 36psi.
did about 250-275 miles all over SC, NC and GA. traffic was almost none for the whole day. I could not believe my luck on that. never even saw a cop :chugbeer:

I run the hell outta this bike today, more so then I ever did before and it just stuck to the road no matter what I did or no matter what I hit in the road. I even scaped my virgin pegs a few times.  its dailed in!  the front still seems a bit harsh, hit pothole or uneven surface it has a solid thud all the way through my arms but the damn thing sticks like glue. I'm afraid to change it anymore. may mess with front pressure and see what happens with that.

good day happy day!!! 8)

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: All was right in MC world today.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 06:26:54 PM »
1,000,000 miles on a tire and it still needs to be broken in  :yikes: What kind of compound are they using  :rotflmao:
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190