Author Topic: Sleeping (Dead) Beaver Ride 1-20-13 Northern Neck, VA  (Read 2544 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Sleeping (Dead) Beaver Ride 1-20-13 Northern Neck, VA
« on: January 13, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
This ride will be COG sanctioned but everyone is welcome of course. Pat Sprague is back as the AAD for this year and that is most excellent news indeed for COG.

The ride will start at Horne's restaurant in Port Royal, VA and wind around some of my favorite roads in the Northern Neck of VA, weather permitting.

Typical meeting time is about 9am for breakfast and then leaving by 10am.   We'll be stopping for lunch at some point later in the day (I'm thinking somewhere in King George but we'll nail that down later).

If you want more info, send me a PM or email.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:03:41 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Sleeping Beaver Ride 1-20-13 Northern Neck, VA
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:02:10 PM »
looks like 53 and sunny........

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:54:39 AM »
I expect you there, then.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pepsi Supplier

• Learn to ride, it is your best investment.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »
 Seriously, Virginia weather even in late January is still in the 50's.
15 is the expected high here tomorrow and sub zero highs over the weekend and next week.

I need to move!

What is weather like there say mid May.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:25:53 AM by Pepsi Supplier »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 04:05:09 AM »
Mid May could be anything from 60 to the upper 80's.  It's a transition month for the most part.  We're expecting some snow here later this afternoon and into the evening.  First 'major ha ha' snow of the year but it could muck up the roads for Sunday with the salt and sand/gravel residue.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 05:49:30 PM »
Well, hopefully I'll see some of you there.  It's supposed to be pushing 50 on Sunday and we didn't get any snow.  I'll be riding the route tomorrow just to see if any sand has been put down that didn't get washed away with the rain....

Update:  Roads are decent west and east of the Rappahannock river where we'll be riding tomorrow.  A little wet on the west side but dry on the eastern bits.  I don't expect ice out this way either by the time we leave Hornes.  Should be a good day.  Hope to see you there.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:08:56 PM by VirginiaJim »

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Sleeping (Dead) Beaver Ride 1-20-13 Northern Neck, VA
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 04:43:58 PM »
Jim,
How did the ride go?  Moving homes here and been trying to find another location last few weekends.  Weather supposed to be 70 tomorrow after 3" of snow last Friday...nuts

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Sleeping (Dead) Beaver Ride 1-20-13 Northern Neck, VA
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 04:35:27 AM »
The ride went fine.  Missed you..  They'll be others as the weather warms..  I'm thinking of doing a ride on 40 to the BRP when it warms up.  Probly be an overnighter, though.