Author Topic: MAP Sharing  (Read 14473 times)

Son of Pappy

MAP Sharing
« on: May 21, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
So, first, some simple ground rules....
If someone such as Jamie from AreaP is developing and selling a MAP for a product don't share it here, unless of course he/they give permission.

What I would like to see are Auto Tune developed MAPs or MAPs built from a dyno run and saved to a PCV.

If we screw this up I am certain Mr Loctite will be along to put a stop to it.

Son of Pappy

ZX14 TBs with AreaP full system, PCV, AT, BMC filter, no flies
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 12:43:35 PM »
This run yielded 161.5 RWHP.  I'm sure more is there, just need to get more air to the TBs.

To open the MAP you must download the Power Commander App which is free from Dynojet.  http://www.dynojet.com/downloads/DefaultNew.aspx?ProdType=PCV
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:57:14 AM by Silverdammit!! »

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
Re: MAP Sharing
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »
Wouldn't Altitude/Temp/Humidity etc have an affect on the map?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:52:45 PM »
Wouldn't Altitude/Temp/Humidity etc have an affect on the map?
Yes, hence the Auto Tune, I get consistant MPG throughout the year and no perceptible loss of performance at higher altitudes.  The conditions when I had the run were close to optimal.  I just need to figure out how I can get more air in ;D  Junes right around the corner which means track time, which means ram air will be in full effect :P

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »
Yes, hence the Auto Tune, I get consistent MPG throughout the year and no perceptible loss of performance at higher altitudes.  The conditions when I had the run were close to optimal.  I just need to figure out how I can get more air in ;D  Junes right around the corner which means track time, which means ram air will be in full effect :P

I have the same setup with AutoTune but I'm always looking for more... 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 01:11:24 PM »
I'm going to sticky this for a bit and we'll see what interest there is....so far, doesn't look like much unfortunately.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 01:20:02 PM »
I'm going to sticky this for a bit and we'll see what interest there is....so far, doesn't look like much unfortunately.

Ironically, I think "sticky" actually reduces attention/interest.

When I look at the forums, I look at what is "new", and that is what is below the stickies.  I almost never pay any attention to stickies because many rarely change.  I saw this by accident.  When you moved the "low fuel warning" one, I didn't even know what happened.

I wonder if I am alone?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »
So, who else has a MAP they want to share?

Offline whatcom

• Bellingham, WA
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »
Thanks for sharing your map SilverDammit!!!, it does seem to have more power now, the front wheel comes off the ground more easily!
2013 ZX14r white abs no-flies, scottoiler
2012  C14 Arabian red
Full AreaP ZX14 TB's PCV with dyno map for TB's Rostra CC, W&S remote, A&R HID, Kawasaki trunk with SW-Motech rack, 08/09 storage compartment

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 12:26:51 AM »

When I look at the forums, I look at what is "new", and that is what is below the stickies.  I almost never pay any attention to stickies because many rarely change.  I saw this by accident.  When you moved the "low fuel warning" one, I didn't even know what happened.

I wonder if I am alone?

No, you are not.  I occasionally look at the stickies, after looking at the other posts, if I remember they're there, and I have the time to spare.  You asked the same question I've been wondering  :yikes: ;).
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 06:17:29 PM »

I wonder if I am alone?

You're not alone, Max.  All of us, for the most part, have C14's.

As far as stikying (sp?), I did it with this one because it was in danger of disappearing to page 2 and out of the immediate attention span of most us (myself included).  I sticky things to keep them on the first page for various reasons.   If there is enough traffic on a thread, it stays on the first page all by it's lonesome.  I didn't see the traffic so I stickied it. 

It really is amazing though, because it was getting close to gathering dust on page 2, I stickied it , and now look.  I sit vindicated! :P

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline whatcom

• Bellingham, WA
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »
Attached is dyno run with 2012 full areap, PCV, Jamie's map, ZX14 TB's, stock air filter. Ran several runs switching between Chet's map above and Jamie's map. They were almost identical except the air/fuel ratio was a little higher with Chet's map through most of the rpm ranges but same peak hp and tq. This is with SAE correction, it is my understanding that it would be 161.2 if it was using the STD correction factor as in Chet's dyno run. The bike feels a little better in Chet's map, but in either map there are not any noticeable problems at all, no hesitations, no stumble's, power is smooth everywhere, as you can see in the pretty nice curves. With Chet's map though, eco mode is a little different story, it gets really great gas mileage, but noticable less power.
Had to run in 4th gear because the ignition would cut out in 5th and 6th gears above 155 mph.
2013 ZX14r white abs no-flies, scottoiler
2012  C14 Arabian red
Full AreaP ZX14 TB's PCV with dyno map for TB's Rostra CC, W&S remote, A&R HID, Kawasaki trunk with SW-Motech rack, 08/09 storage compartment

Offline RandyN

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
My bike is a 2011 C-14 with AreaP full, K&N filter, ZX-14 TBs w/ flies out and PCV w/ Autotune. I have tried the map posted by Silverdammit!!. That map seems too lean for my bike. Mostly down low with quite a bit of hesitation. I have fiddled with it some but, I'm not all that good at figuring out the fuel needs of the bike. I have seen others have posted that they have the same setup and are using other maps with good success. I'm hoping to get and try those other maps. Anybody care to share? Thanks

Son of Pappy

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »
I updated the second post to include the link for downloading the PCV App, which is needed to open the MAP file.  I have been getting quite a few requests for the MAP and as I have been busy riding I just haven't been around as much  ;D

Offline Snype

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 08:42:32 PM »
Any one have Guhl's maps?  I am about to flash mine and am looking for opinions on options.  I am the epitome of the sport/tour in my riding style, so I'd really love to have a solid standard mode an a really efficient eco-mode.  Suggestions?

Snype

Offline sunnycoaster

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »
Attached is dyno run with 2012 full areap, PCV, Jamie's map, ZX14 TB's, stock air filter. Ran several runs switching between Chet's map above and Jamie's map. They were almost identical except the air/fuel ratio was a little higher with Chet's map through most of the rpm ranges but same peak hp and tq. This is with SAE correction, it is my understanding that it would be 161.2 if it was using the STD correction factor as in Chet's dyno run. The bike feels a little better in Chet's map, but in either map there are not any noticeable problems at all, no hesitations, no stumble's, power is smooth everywhere, as you can see in the pretty nice curves. With Chet's map though, eco mode is a little different story, it gets really great gas mileage, but noticable less power.
Had to run in 4th gear because the ignition would cut out in 5th and 6th gears above 155 mph.

Hey whatcom, do you have a copy of Jamies map you can share?
Because remember - sharing is caring   :chugbeer:
Cheers Sunnycoaster.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:18:53 AM by sunnycoaster »

Offline RandyN

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 09:13:47 PM »
Dyno Tuned, Flies out, ZX14 TB's, AreaP full and K&N filter 165.5 hp and 105.7 trq w/ std correction. Has a little hesitation in very low rpm and throttle position. Occasionally will backfire on high rpm deceleration.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 09:25:10 PM »
Awesome #s!!!!  Do you have a pic of the chart?  I'm curious how the mid to upper graph looks.  When I looked at mine I just felt there is more there if more air was allowed in.

Offline RandyN

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 05:17:29 AM »
I think I need more Dyno time to clean up the low end response. I may try putting the flies back in to see what it feels like. When riding in the mountains on curvey roads any hesitation is quite annoying.

Anybody else have maps to share??

Son of Pappy

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 08:22:40 AM »
Randy, is the Accelerator pump enabled?  If it is, disable it and the stumble will disappear.  When you installed the TBs did you add hoses to make syncing the TBs easier and did you sync the TBs after install?  Thinking in print, also, what RPMs are you running at idle?  I ended up close to 1350 for the best off idle response.
Looks like there is still a fairly large top end plateau, did the tuner make any comments about this?  Or were they awe struck that a bike with bags, 2 seats, and a topcase made these kind of numbers?