Author Topic: C14 PIC THREAD - Show us your Connie!!  (Read 385046 times)

Offline JhVenezuela

Re: C14 PIC THREAD - Show us your Connie!!
« Reply #340 on: March 06, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »
for those who have not seen it !!!!   ;D

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #341 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:02 PM »
Day trip to Yosemite. No snow in the valley, a little on the way to the valley, but not much.

Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #342 on: March 11, 2015, 05:11:24 PM »
Hit the road today, saved the best for last?  Warm weather has hit wisconsin.  First two days it was the K1200LT. Nice features for cold weather and great protection out on the road. Then the XS650 got exercised.  Hard to beat that classic parallel twin feeling.  Had to do a bit of final tuning on the Road star after some mods. Well a cruiser is a cruiser.  Today it was the Connies turn.  sweet.  I think I need to look at the PO's fork settings, over some frost heaves it's pretty brutal, I'm thinking the damping may be cranked all the way up?  He liked to go fast.

No sand or salt out there..........
08B 73.5K miles

voileauciel

« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
Been exploring our new home, snapped this out in San Ramon on Sunday. California is possibly one of the best places in the world to ride a bike like this.  :D

Offline Acttel01

« Reply #344 on: March 20, 2015, 04:24:40 AM »
My new toy

elp_jc

« Reply #345 on: March 21, 2015, 12:41:03 PM »
Can't ride so no nice location pics, but just to show the few mods I've done, including completely destickering/debadging/dereflectorizing the bike ;D. Still waiting for CopperDawg to get the new green paint for my screen, and waiting for a radiator frame (will install my own fiberglass screening) and fender extender from ProjektD.

Offline Hiddenmickey

« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2015, 04:52:34 PM »
From last Friday.

voileauciel

« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2015, 09:42:56 PM »
Altamont Pass today.

Really love it out there...

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2015, 07:25:54 PM »
Altamont Pass today.

Really love it out there...

Today, different bike, same bridge:
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »
Highway 762 South West of Calgary.

sailor_chic

« Reply #350 on: April 02, 2015, 07:37:06 PM »

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #351 on: April 04, 2015, 11:27:28 AM »
In Nakusp BC
Last fall

Micheline is well represented in this parking lot

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #352 on: April 06, 2015, 06:21:43 PM »
The first pic is of the downstream side of Kerr Dam in Mecklenburg county VA.  Was there this past weekend.  The far left of the dam where you see the concrete wall jutting out was a favorite hangout for me and my friends during our HS years.   We used to fish off that wall and when that wasn't working, set off fireworks.  The walls of the dam gave a nice reverb.  Couldn't do that now. My second cousin actually runs the dam.  I'll have to wrangle a tour.

The second pic is of the upstream side.  Just below where the bike is sitting is where I used to go fishing with my friends and went swimming and had picnics with my future wife.

The third pic is of my HS.  Park View Senior HS.  It hasn't changed much in nearly 40 years.  Where I'm sitting used to be a wayside with many Dogwood trees and a picnic area to the rear of it.  Not there now, unfortunately.  One side has been turned into a trash transfer station.  Literally makes me sick.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #353 on: April 06, 2015, 06:31:41 PM »
The first pic is of the rear of where the bike is facing.  Somewhere back there is a tree with my future wife's and mine initials.

The second pic is of my wife's mother's house.  The pear tree is probably as old as I am.  Should be a good crop this year.  Hey, how did that Prius get in the picture?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline CarolinaMike

« Reply #354 on: April 07, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »
2013 with Copperdawg speedscreen,  Two Brothers Black series carbon fiber slipon,  and a Saddleman Stealth seat.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #355 on: April 12, 2015, 04:24:06 PM »
Leaving Las Vegas
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #356 on: April 17, 2015, 12:26:46 PM »
On the beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Waynesboro, VA.  I believe the first overlook (looking eastward).  My wife is admiring the view as I am.

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #357 on: April 18, 2015, 06:31:15 PM »
This is my new 2014. Bought it at the start of January and finally got to pick it up yesterday. It surpassed all my expectations. Once moving, it does not feel heavy at all. I was prepared for it to not steer that well on the stock tires, but it really surprised me. I have been following the break in pretty close, so I haven't really got on it yet; but it feels like it is going to be sneaky fast. I put 125 miles on it yesterday, and just changed the oil and filter; as well as the final drive oil. I didn't see any flakes, but it did have a bit of a different colour (lighter) to it. Also, I only got 4liters out of it. I filled it to the middle of the sight glass (took 4.5). I suspect someone didn't do their job properly when they filled it.
Here is a picture  I took when I stopped for a coffee at a little strip mall.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:16:52 PM by Throttle 8 »
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #358 on: April 18, 2015, 07:57:54 PM »
Oh, it's sneaky alright.  Play a little music and before you know it you are at 70+ on a 55 at the blink of an eye.  Always wants to go faster.  It ain't never satisfied.

I also own a 2000 ZX12R Ninja. It has an "I'm gonna rip your eyeballs out" personality to it. You are always aware of this when riding it. The Connie seams to have an "I'm gonna lull you to sleep" personality--right up to the point it hits you in the back of the head with a 2x4! Brilliant motor! That is why I love Kawasaki---they make the most amazing motors on the market.
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #359 on: April 18, 2015, 11:12:44 PM »
Sun rising this morning as I'm heading down to Norfolk on 17.